franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Hi guys, maybe this is a double post :)..but which custom key i have to set to interact with the cockpit? Do I need also to set other custom key?

Thanks in advance

I mean in ArmA 3

The interactive cockpit uses Custom User 20 for interaction.

What we may wind up doing if an alternative cannot be found to fix our cpg data flow problem is require users to input a code (or somehow force it?) so that weapons tracking is not active in MP or with two human pilots.

Sorry folks I know it causes issues but giving up a fire control computer that takes into account elevation, bank, drag, pitch, gravity, and all those other fun things and revert to standard BI targeting isn't really an option.

Sorry folks I know it causes issues but giving up a fire control computer that takes into account elevation, bank, drag, pitch, gravity, and all those other fun things and revert to standard BI targeting isn't really an option.

That's a big NO from me as well... keep working well there'll be a happy ending to this I'm sure.

Can someone tell me how to get the maps for Arma 3 to work for tsd on the mfd screen. I don't know what and where to add anything. I am a newbie. Thanks

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Also how do you create new waypoints and target boxes in game. I can't seem to do that or lock on to targets in fcr mode. Can someone help.

I touched on custom maps and the process to use them here.

Waypoints and PFZs can be created by selecting the appropriate TSD mode (ATK for PFZs, NAV for waypoints).

For PFZs, first select a PFZ (the PFZ selection button on the TSD page or the action menu PFZ SEL), then use the TSD ADD or PFZ create action to create a PFZ, and either use the interaction button on the TSD itself or mouse click on the BI map to set the top left and lower right corners of the PFZ. After the second click, the PFZ is created.

For waypoints, use the TSD ADD or action menu Create Waypoints function to initialize the waypoint add mode. Use the TSD with the interaction button to create waypoints or mouse click on the BI map to create waypoints. Once you're satisfied with your waypoints, use the TSD XMIT button or Save Waypoints action to finalize your waypoints. If you wish to clear your waypoints, use the TSD DEL button or Clear Waypoints action. When first creating waypoints, if there are no waypoints set, then the first waypoint (waypoint 0) will always be the helicopters present position.

I'd like to ask permission from you guys top post in this thread a folder with all the available maps and their respective codes, to facilitate mission makers.

It includes High res maps of:

- Altis

- Stratis

- Cherno

- Takistan

- Utes

- Proving Grounds

- Zargabad

- Desert

- Bystrica

- Bukovina

Only problem (in A3), is that the ownship symbol is obscured.

Cheers!

Not a problem here, go ahead and do it.

Any map image submissions that people want to share are welcomed.

Congratulations on your victory, it was quite fun to read especially with your strat to use the allied AAA. Makes me feel a bit guilty for getting stuck and not pushing through hard enough.

Glad to see that you enjoyed the whole pack and we hope to see you in A3 :)

Thanks guys..it is a really, really cool mod. I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl in A3 whenever you feel that you have most of the bugs worked out. I really hope to fly this bird more in A3. Again, my compliments to not just you guys that cobbled together the awesome 3D and avionics, but the mission designers. Really nicely done.

BeachAV8R

As far as I am aware it will support both just like standard A3 helo's, Franze has already rigged it up to be AFM compatible.

God I love this heli!

One grief though, when I turn on head tracking with TrackIR the action cross (tiny x) moves out of sync with the center of the screen and I have to fight to get it back to the center. Once I've fought it back to the center with a combination of looking around and moving the mouse (which throws the heli round as I do it ofc) I have to turn off head tracking to keep it there. This then allows me to click where I am looking, and not at a weird angle because that's where the x has drifted to. Rinse and repeat every time I want to press a button mid flight (with head tracking on). Is this an issue in the currently unsupported Arma 3?

Press numpad 5 to automatically center the X when using the head tracking action. The intent was to allow usage of the mouse with TIR to click around the cockpit.

ah very nice thank you! Another thing I've noticed, I can't tell if it's one of our mods conflicting, but the heli's screens won't turn on some rounds, turning the battery on has no effect, yet I can still complete a full startup sequence. Manually switching the page brings them to life.

I've seen this happen when using configs more tailored to arma 2, some things changed along the patches and broke or otherwise disoriented a few more controls, these will likely be fixed when or if there is an Arma 3 version officially released by us.

Has anyone else noticed a problem when the player gets in as the gunner? When you start using the different sensors and press next target the radar range changes to scaler and the target box jumps up to the top left of the screen.

Got another problem, I can't get the TSD maps to show up anywhere except the training missions. Anyone help?

I'm playing A2CO+BAF+PMC 1.62.

OK, got both problems sorted. Now enjoying the mod as it should be, with working missiles amd maps. So thanks to Franze, Nodunit and GeraldBolso for their work.

Edited by foxyboy1964
map problem

Does anyone have a reliable method of using the laser to target and destroy buildings while playing as the gunner? I can hit them sometimes, but very seldom. The pilot seems to enjoy moving slightly and losing the laser return. Also, am I correct in saying that missiles cannot be locked on while using the gunner's optic view? Isn't the gunner's optic view the TADS?

Missile can lock while heads down with the gunner, but they still have LOS and FOV constraints along with sensor constraints. If you're using the gunner's laser function then the best way to target buildings is to aim at the highest part of the building that you can for missile hits; HELLFIREs are not great for destroying buildings due to the arcing trajectory. You can use the WASDQZ keys to tell the pilot to adjust his position, but depending on what the AI is doing this may be unreliable.

If you're using the gunner's laser function then the best way to target buildings is to aim at the highest part of the building that you can...

Thanks very much, that works a treat. Now I'm hitting every building I aim at.

I know it's been said loads of times in this thread but this mod is awesome. Great work, you guys.

Hi guys,

I have a problem during weapons training mission. I am trying to using longbow hellfire; I follow the instructions, turn on FCR and got the acquisition on ground mode. I can see the dot on the FCR MPD but the dotted box is stucked on the back of the apache (aiming like an invisible target on the sea) and i cannot lock the right target (LOS INVALID). If i try to turn 180 I got a proper lock on the "invisible" target. Advice?

Thank you very much

I am using ARMA2CO+BAF+PMC 1.62

Hi guys,

I have a problem during weapons training mission. I am trying to using longbow hellfire; I follow the instructions, turn on FCR and got the acquisition on ground mode. I can see the dot on the FCR MPD but the dotted box is stucked on the back of the apache (aiming like an invisible target on the sea) and i cannot lock the right target (LOS INVALID). If i try to turn 180 I got a proper lock on the "invisible" target. Advice?

Thank you very much

I am using ARMA2CO+BAF+PMC 1.62

That sounds like the same problem I was having and mentioned higher up this page. It never happened to me in the training missions and I wasn't able to replicate it after reading your post. I can, however, tell you that there are invisible targets on both the T-stan and Cherno maps and the same thing will happen. The way I work round it is to avoid flying around with the FCR switched on. I simply pop up, switch FCR on, scan for targets but don't select any, switch FCR off and pop down again. I only switch it on when I decide to use an RF missile or to scan for targets again.

I know that doesn't help with your training mission but my point is it can be worked round.

SwissMaverick comes across the same thing in the following video...

If you fast forward to 20 minutes you'll see him begin his attack. When he tries to lock targets you'll notice his radar range on the HUD changes to Scaler and the target box jumps up to the top left. Maybe one of the devs could check out the video and post some advice?