franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

There are also several videos online provided by various users to help out in a pinch.

thanks for this great mod but I just receive some error messages about ''config'' and ''no entry found'' in ArmA 3 when I want to start it in editor

also there are some missions listed in scenario menu and I cannot play as I receive some errors.

thanks I really want to see how it works in arma 3.

Are you using the A3 controls file or A2? If you place the aircraft in the editor with the A2 files then it will search for Arma 2 pilots and not let you fly.

If however, you place it as an empty vehicle then it will work, and if you use the A3 controls file it will look for the Arma 3 pilots.

Hey Nodunit & Franze,

First of all thank you for this wonderful addon, you guys made an AMAZING work, so I give you all my respect for this. However I got some request. Will the flares become available soon for Arma 3 ? Moreover, it seems than pilot and gunner seat are not synchronized on multiplayer on a DEDICATED server, it resulted as a huge lag (maybe 3-5 sec) on the turret control using the M230 and when opening doors, and I couldn't change my screens using User Action 1-2. However, when I host a multiplayer game on my computer, my friend doesn't have any desync and everything runs great. So it looks like, the host of the server needs the be in the helicopter to avoid this "gunner" lag, which is unplayable. Finally, would it be possible to "loop" the APU sound as it runs ? In real life the APU start and runs until you shut it down. One last thing, will the lights (landing, anti-collision, inside) be tweaked in the next update ?

Thanks mate.

First of all, thx for answering! I know that videos, but I can not click anything in the cockpit, so I can not run up the battery or so... By the way, I know, it's not just pressing "Q". I fly the DCS Huey too, if you know what Im talking about. You don't find this in Arma. Thats why I preciate nodunits and frances work so much.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

There is a special launch sequence that you have to do. It isn't just press "Q" to start.

First of all, thx for answering! I know that videos, but I can not click anything in the cockpit, so I can not run up the battery or so... By the way, I know, it's not just pressing "Q". I fly the DCS Huey too, if you know what Im talking about. You don't find this in Arma. Thats why I preciate nodunits and frances work so much.

Did you bind custom user action 20 to a key or button? That is the function you will use to interact with the cockpit.

Also if you use TrackIR don't forget to scroll down the menu and enable Head Tracking On, it will give you a free motion cursor similar to DCS rather than using the center of your screen as the interaction point, heck even if you do not use TrackIR or something similar, you may still want to use it as long as you don't fly by mouse..makes fiddling with the MPD's MUCH more fluid without taking your attention from where you are going.

Thx for that tipp! Yes im using TrackIR, thats why I'm still hoping, that 6DOF will be able someday :-)

6DOF should be in Arma 3 unless that aspect just hasn't been pushed from TKOH, or it didn't transition well between the two for some reason.

My desperate quest to get UAVs to the their job has ended, with dev branch now UAVs con lock onto the ground with "CTRL + T", but I'm still stuggling to get the uav to be a "REMOTE" target and not needing to unmask myself to engage.

I tried putting this in the init of the UAV but no luck:

laserscript = [this] execvm "\fza_ah64_controls\scripting\add_remt.sqf"

That would be awesome, since that lock to ground thing can create very good coop between the apache and with a fixed wing asset coupled with the TGP I'm working on.

The remote target script only works with a laser designator weapon from ArmA2, specifically "Laserdesignator_mounted". I don't believe such a weapon class still exists in A3. You can try and get around this with a custom script though:

_unit = _this;

while{alive _unit} do
{
_laserpoint = lasertarget _unit;
if(!(isnull _laserpoint) && !(_laserpoint in fza_ah64_desiglist)) then
{
fza_ah64_desiglist = fza_ah64_desiglist + [_laserpoint];
publicvariable "fza_ah64_desiglist";
};
if(isnull _laserpoint) then
{
fza_ah64_desiglist = fza_ah64_desiglist - [_laserpoint];
};
sleep 1;
};

fza_ah64_desiglist = fza_ah64_desiglist - [_laserpoint];

Moreover, it seems than pilot and gunner seat are not synchronized on multiplayer on a DEDICATED server, it resulted as a huge lag (maybe 3-5 sec) on the turret control using the M230 and when opening doors, and I couldn't change my screens using User Action 1-2. However, when I host a multiplayer game on my computer, my friend doesn't have any desync and everything runs great. So it looks like, the host of the server needs the be in the helicopter to avoid this "gunner" lag, which is unplayable.

When do you think a fix can be made for this? It is totally unplayable on a dedicated server.

I'll add to the description a little.

It seems to only happen after all the systems have been started up and the rotors are turning. As the gunner, in the editor, with all the systems on, the IHADSS follows my normal mouse movement, as does the gun, which is normal and fine.

However, in the same situation on a dedicated server, the TADS moves with mouse movement as before, but the IHADSS takes a few seconds to catch up, resulting in a jump. As well as this, if viewing TADS directly, the way the gun is pointing lags too, in the same manner as the IHADSS, resulting in misplaced shots that jump around as the gun position catches up.

If I get some time, I will try and capture all this in a video to see if it can help to fix whatever it is causing this.

Also, my pilot has an issue with control buttons being misaligned with the cockpit model buttons, making it harder to select the correct options quickly.

The mod is amazing and so complex, and I realise there will be bugs, but personally I think this one is quite important, as it affects the intended gameplay, which is Pilot/CPG cooperative gameplay XD

As I've stated before, there can be no fix until the underlying issues with ArmA3 are fixed by BIS. ArmA3 is not our focus at this point in time because of the many issues involved with getting all features to function as desired. The ArmA3 controls file is available purely to allow you to use the addon in the game in some capacity; the focus still remains in ArmA2 and TKOH.

Now, as I am tired of posting the same explanations over and over again, the next time ArmA3 compatibility questions come up, I am simply going to link to the original post I made on the subject here.

Edited by Franze

As I've stated before, there can be no fix until the underlying issues with ArmA3 are fixed by BIS. ArmA3 is not our focus at this point in time because of the many issues involved with getting all features to function as desired. The ArmA3 controls file is available purely to allow you to use the addon in the game in some capacity; the focus still remains in ArmA2 and TKOH.

Now, as I am tired of posting the same explanations over and over again, the next time ArmA3 compatibility questions come up, I am simply going to link to the original post I made on the subject here.

Ah ok I understand. Sorry, I was unaware it was an underlying arma 3 issue.

Are the arma 3 control files different to the arma 3 mod downloadable in playwithsix? As that is what we are using.

It would have to be because otherwise there would be loads of errors and you would be not able to drop the Apache into the editor and go - the A3 controls file changed the default crew and inheritance of classes.

Hello,

Thanks for letting this mod also work under ArmA 3, But there is one problem i also had in ArmA 2.

When starting the engines the helicopter seems to start floating and moving to the left and right.

Also when landing it is very unstable, it looks like it has some of a invisible cone below the helicopter, when descending through the 5 meter suddenly it keeps hanging to the right or left.

Iḿ very sory if this subject it also stated before, but i could'nt find it.

Kindly regards,

Skunk

I'm sorry, I can't replicate this problem. Are you using any other mods or addons? Keyboard or joystick?

I'm sorry, I can't replicate this problem. Are you using any other mods or addons? Keyboard or joystick?

I can confirm the problem of the drifting on the ground, but I think it has something to do with deadzones or calibration of the joystick, since the chopper is so responsive to input the tinniest displacement of the joystick will eventually become evident.

I've found my problem. It was in a fob I've created with special helipad where the helicopter was standing at 0.6 ft above the ground. Created a new fob and the problem is solved.

I've found my problem. It was in a fob I've created with special helipad where the helicopter was standing at 0.6 ft above the ground. Created a new fob and the problem is solved.

So it was hanging on an invisible platform?

I can confirm the problem of the drifting on the ground, but I think it has something to do with deadzones or calibration of the joystick, since the chopper is so responsive to input the tinniest displacement of the joystick will eventually become evident.

Drifting forward or in general when the engines are off?

Also as a little laugh it seems that we already have the VR map for the TSD.

VRmaphah_zps9453797a.jpg

I've found out that when placing the apache on the map it is floating a bit. I must say that I think there is a major bug in arma3 with this helicopter. It seems impossible to land. Even with auto hover it is flipping over at touchdown

I can confirm there's some kind of issue between the aircraft and the ground. Even if you are idle on throttle (and after many checks regarding joystick sensitivity, dead zone and even the map - tested on Stratis and FATA). I'm guessing that one of the latest Arma updates made some changes concerning physics because I never noticed that before. Anyway, the aircraft start sliding by itself (left to right/right to left;forward to backward/backward to forward) just after starting engines, and also after you shut down the aircraft sometimes. Any clue ?

Edit #1: Sometimes you can even jump out the aircraft after engines shutdown and it will be still sliding slowly lol.

Edit #2: Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5VLRm7YLo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Sacha34200