franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Thanks! I'll try the ULB thingy. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the scripting magic with the FAC, it was just a crazy experiment :p . but thanks anyway :)

I don't know anybody to test it in coop so that's why I try all this stuff.

Hey guys i got questions, what key do you guys bind to use all the avionics shortcut or button? im having difficulties trying to bind to right keys :(

This is the way I have my controls bound:

FCR On/Off/Salue: \

FCRAA/FCRAG/HMD/TADS sensor selection/OpticsMode: numpad /

Gun Burst, Rocket Salvo, HELLFIRE trajectory/Binocular: B

PNVS: Numpad arrow keys and joystick hat

Cycle right MPD page/User 1: Right Shift + <

Cycle left MPD page/User 2: Right Shift + >

Gun tracking/User 3: Left Shift + G

WAS/Weapon Action Switch/User 4: Mapped to joystick

TSD/FCR target filtering/User 6: Left Shift + R

TSD Range Setting/User 7: Left Shift + E

TSD Mode/User 8: Left Shift + T

PFZ Selection/User 9: Right Ctrl + P

IR Jammer toggle/User 11: Mapped to joystick

RF Jammer toggle/User 12: Mapped to joystick

IHADSS Mode/User 15: Mapped to joystick

Crosshair Action/User 20: ; and a mouse button

This is the way I have my controls bound:

FCR On/Off/Salue: \

FCRAA/FCRAG/HMD/TADS sensor selection/OpticsMode: numpad /

Gun Burst, Rocket Salvo, HELLFIRE trajectory/Binocular: B

PNVS: Numpad arrow keys and joystick hat

Cycle right MPD page/User 1: Right Shift + <

Cycle left MPD page/User 2: Right Shift + >

Gun tracking/User 3: Left Shift + G

WAS/Weapon Action Switch/User 4: Mapped to joystick

TSD/FCR target filtering/User 6: Left Shift + R

TSD Range Setting/User 7: Left Shift + E

TSD Mode/User 8: Left Shift + T

PFZ Selection/User 9: Right Ctrl + P

IR Jammer toggle/User 11: Mapped to joystick

RF Jammer toggle/User 12: Mapped to joystick

IHADSS Mode/User 15: Mapped to joystick

Crosshair Action/User 20: ; and a mouse button

Nice key mapping :) majority of the avionics are control by Gunner or pilot? i noticed one issue when i accidentally exit the heli, i went back in and all my avionics are on except APU but i cant start the heli anymore :(

P.S how to pop IR flare and Chaff flare?

Edited by RBB

Most are for the pilot but some only apply to the gunner. It also depends whether it's multiplayer or not. If you get out of the helicopter with the engines running, you will have to engage the rotor brake and redo the startup procedure again.

This version isn't equipped with flares, only chaff; this is controlled exclusively by the pilot with the game default countermeasures key ®.

Most are for the pilot but some only apply to the gunner. It also depends whether it's multiplayer or not. If you get out of the helicopter with the engines running, you will have to engage the rotor brake and redo the startup procedure again.

This version isn't equipped with flares, only chaff; this is controlled exclusively by the pilot with the game default countermeasures key ®.

Ahh ic! thx for the info! im trying out everything now :bounce3: now im trying to get the arming dialog to work im so confuse.

Because the scripting system needs an overhaul to work with ArmA3.

Can we assign a shortcut key for toggle the gun ? Without need to scroll in the menu ?

It's right next to the black button labeled TSD, the hint text for it is labeled as "Right MPD DMS Menu". The waypoints are only there as reference, the only strict instructions come from the instructor. :)

I just started the tutorial again, went through to the same place and still can't click on it. The label shows up and a flashing box appears around it but I can't click on it, so can't continue with the tutorial. I can click on the other buttons so I know I've got the action setup right (assigned to ; and MMB).

Can we assign a shortcut key for toggle the gun ? Without need to scroll in the menu ?

Yes, that's what Gun tracking/User 3 is for.

I just started the tutorial again, went through to the same place and still can't click on it. The label shows up and a flashing box appears around it but I can't click on it, so can't continue with the tutorial. I can click on the other buttons so I know I've got the action setup right (assigned to ; and MMB).

Figured this one out - there's a bug that requires the battery to be on (or the rotors turning) before the hot link buttons will work, to include the DMS menu. I'll fix that bug for CEM off states in the next update.

Why did you not port the mod on ArmA 3 ? :(

As Franze mentioned, there would need a scripting overhaul but the features are also a bit naff at the moment, PIP is gimped compared to the optics key mode for example and as far as future expansion is concerned, we can achieve a LOT more fidelity in Take on Helicopters vs Arma 3..furthermore the tools to use physX aren't out yet so theres really no point for us to put much effort towards it when we're decidedly not finished here on Arma 2.

Edited by NodUnit

Figured this one out - there's a bug that requires the battery to be on (or the rotors turning) before the hot link buttons will work, to include the DMS menu. I'll fix that bug for CEM off states in the next update.

Ah thanks, I'll try spooling her up and hopefully it'll work and I'll be able to continue then.

Just out of curiosity, that kiowa that appears in one of the pics from the first post, is it available somewhere?

Negative, it is unavailable at this time.

its to bad we cant have this kind of details or details like from TOH in the ArmA saga.

i have a little problem. I cant start the chopper, the rotor brake is always on and i cant turn it off.

I was wondering if it's possible to add the other maps to the NAV page?

I am pretty teksavvy and I all ready added the arming menu in Arma 3 and works fine for me and fixed some of the bugs we get on the load.

I would like to add Altis and Stratis so I can fly my personal missions with your wonderful chopper.

All of theses edits are for my personal use and I don't intend to distribute it.

Thank you.

Nixon

I like to play gunner but the AI on the choppers is suicidal as pilot. I don't think any amount of scripts can fix this?

its to bad we cant have this kind of details or details like from TOH in the ArmA saga.

i have a little problem. I cant start the chopper, the rotor brake is always on and i cant turn it off.

Are you following the startup procedure? Battery on, APU on, ENG 1 + 2 to start, throttles to full?

I was wondering if it's possible to add the other maps to the NAV page?

I am pretty teksavvy and I all ready added the arming menu in Arma 3 and works fine for me and fixed some of the bugs we get on the load.

I would like to add Altis and Stratis so I can fly my personal missions with your wonderful chopper.

All of theses edits are for my personal use and I don't intend to distribute it.

Thank you.

Nixon

Yes, there is an integrated mechanism though it has to be set per mission:

fza_ah64_maplist = ["\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound_2.paa"]; //sets the list of available map files for the mission

fza_ah64_mapsizearea = 5120; //sets the map size in meters

fza_ah64_currentmap = "\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound_2.paa"; //sets the default map

You will have to make your own map images and either reference these in a pbo or in the mission file itself.

I like to play gunner but the AI on the choppers is suicidal as pilot. I don't think any amount of scripts can fix this?

There may be some other addons out there but vehicle AI is difficult to directly control.

I am doing battery on, APU on, engine starters on, engine starters on idle, but literally the buttom to relase the rotor brake wont toggle. its like if its frozen or something.

You may need to set the power levers to FLY to disengage the rotor brake.

yes, it worked, i still doubt why is that, if in real life using the power to fly from just starting the engines would burn the starters and ruin the engine quickly. (also, rotor brake its independient, you cant turn it on or off at will, instead of following an order of things)

Also, i will suggest that the options for changing the MFD screens to be re-bindeables, i have W and S to power up and down in vehicles and its annoying to see both screens switching all the time.

The startup sequence is inaccurate because it was rushed.

You CAN rebind the MFD cycle keys, they're linked to the Custom User 1 and 2 keys.