franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Is there any procedure to attempt recovery if you lose tail rotor while in a hover in reality? Or are you pretty much boned?

This was while flying and on the ground with engines running

Is that so?...curious...from 3rd person was TADS facing outward or inward as well? Can you replicate this and get a screenshot from the optic and the outside? Also are you using the official OA patch or a beta patch?

Is there any procedure to attempt recovery if you lose tail rotor while in a hover in reality? Or are you pretty much boned?

Think of your loved ones and their faces in the last moments of your life...jesting aside (I'm serious) it's possible but you will be very lucky to walk out alive.. Loss of the tail not only means no anti torque but also a loss of control surface, and lift (the horizontal stabilizer) the nose will either raise or drop depending on your pitch when that occurs along with violent oscillations so the rotor is fighting you on every front. IF you can get the nose up you might stand a small chance.

A small suggestion is that either on your way to where you are going, or before you take off, you go to the ASE page and set AUTOPAGE to TRACKING, this will cause the page to immediately come up should a threat be detected, at that point you need to activate the jammers and get the hell out..you only get a 30 second window and it's not going to stop shells from raining down upon you, even with the jammer you aren't garunteed 100% to get out unscathed.

Edited by NodUnit

WOW! Just loaded this up with AiA in ARMA 3, (hope it actually works) but you guys had me at the fully animated swashplate! Just Fing gorgeous and the kind of quality that you would expect from a major game studio like BI NOT a 2 man modding team. I haven't even gotten around to turning the engines on on this complicated piece of machinery (assuming I can in AiA, ARMA 3) and I love it that way. Just found the online guide and going to try to start this beauty up.

I am curious however, (and I literally have NO modeling/texturing anything video game creating knowledge, which is why I ask) why did it take 3 years to do and release? Is it because you 2 were learning? The engine just didn't allow/support this kind of model/scripting in 2009/2010 and needed to be patched and added to? A model this beautiful just takes that much time to do? or You guys didn't come up with the idea/desire till the end of the ARMA 2 life cycle?

I can only hope and pray that you all will port/make a major overhaul mod of this to ARMA 3 and that it will be released much sooner in ARMA 3s life cycle. I also hope that if you all do decide to port/make a new one for ARMA 3 that the new engine makes it 10 times easier for you guys to make something this amazing.

Again wow.............dat swashplate though.... :eek:

So intricate, what a model. Kudos.

Edited : First Impression! - So I loaded this up both in ARMA 3 AiA and ARMA 2 OA just to make sure everything was as it was suppose to be by the modders. It runs danm near the same in AiA Arma 3 as it does in stock Arma 2 OA minus maybe some performance issues in ARMA 3 from script issues. I know that Nod has said this is NOT complete and has not said whether this was intended for ARMA 3 or not but in any case here are so impressions.

1. Everything is amazing texture/model wise. I am so impressed. BIS needs to hire these guys.

2. Sound inside the cockpit is a bit loopy. What I mean by that is you can tell where the loop begins, ends, and starts again.

3. Flight model is VERY floaty. That being said its 10 times more responsive than the stock Apache, which is GOOD because stock Apache is like flying a semi truck. I have never flown an Apache so I dont know how maneuverable/light feeling they are, but this feels like flying a feather. Every turn is a little too fast. It dosent feel like you are flying a 3 ton aircraft.

4. Again, I know it isnt done per authors comments but I hope/would love to see some sound effects, more scripting added to start up sequence, battery clicks, APU sounds, rotor RPM spin before unlocking rotor break and going to full speed.

5. ARMA 3 compatability: I understand that nowhere in the authors comments or stated intent was this meant for ARMA 3 but I sure hope it WILL BE! :) It would be nice to see the cockpit lighting work for ARMA 3,PiP,cyclic, (collective, if BIS implements) animation etc. The modeling and texturing are sure on par with ARMA 3 minues maybe lighting and new ARMA 3 specific maps.

Having a lot of fun with this though guys. Please continue to work on this and other projects of the same caliber.

Edited by CombatComm1

So after a few hours of fiddling and testing it seemed i had a two sided issue, as above, I was running the beta.

However it seems after narrowing down mods that could cause it, it seems ACE core seems to fight a little with the hellfires.

In bullet cam i was noticing that without ACE the missile fires, goes up at an angle, tops out, drops to a angle, hits the target, While as soon as @ACE (and only ACE, not ACEX or anything) is enabled the missile goes out at a similar angle but the missile appears to be jittering/wobbling up and down as it follows the trajectory and then strikes off target.

So, at least I found what was causing the issue for me, though it's what could be considered the 2nd most popular mod after CBA :(

I know this usually ends in a "It's not our fault, it's their system, they have to fix it" and then ACE will respond with "They're a 3rd party addon, don't use it or they should fix it", etc and Seeing Nou created the system for ACE to my knowledge along with him making your clickable cockpit is it possible for you to talk with him about the designation systems to see about them not fighting each other for future releases?

Also, sorry if this was written some were and i've missed it but is it possible to select different missiles/racks for example if there's K's and N's loaded on the same rack?

and is the WPN page supposed to change from SAL1 to RF under mode when firing Longbow hellfires?

Thanks again, much more enjoyable now i can actually hit targets :p

By the way, I'm going to be so dissapointed if after all that big talk of being so anxious to crash our bird into a hill, we see nothing of it.

I tried once, but the chopper just bounced off the ground back into the air without damaging itself. it happened during a training mission so I figured it was set to be indestructible? I like it that it's more durable than other Arma choppers, though.

This addon really is amazing, but I just started and after a while canceled the tutorial as it looks like I will have to buy another keyboard to get this working.

Anyway, awesome work here.

I wonder if this works with other addons addons or I have to install only this addon?

Sound mod is compatible? cba need to install it or not? I have doubts whether I can install with other mods or not?

nodunit and franze lovely addonn when u guys are gonna release the IAF saraph version is it already made

A lot of the delay was my fault on part due to model and texture..I can't give you any EXACT reason for that because there is no one but rather many. A quick run down of it was a mix of learning, an emotional period, more learning, understanding, becoming unhappy with my results, testing, learning, and the process repeat. I actually started looking into modelling in 2009 with inspiration from Franze's Su-17, 2010 is what I like to call the "Mockup period", I wasn't really modelling for the game in its entirerty, I didn't know the limits and what you could or could not do. Our time also became VERY limited around this and mid last year, weekend for the most part when we didn't want to go out.

If you want more detailed information about it click the spoiler.

It was also the period where I went from unwrapping a cube or cylinder to a helicopter with lots of small parts many times over. I also had virtually no knowledge of Arma 1 much less Arma 2's materials and how they functioned, I only had vague ideas on how normal and specular maps worked. I learned of normal map and ambient occlusion baking, played around with those a lot to learn the nuances, played with arma 2's materials and sometime in 2013 is when I began "actually" texturing..in other words going from this http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/AH-64D/Work%20In%20Progress/comp1-1.jpg to this to what you see today (which isn't finished). There was also a time where I accidentally collapsed all of my layers into 1 and saved it then closed by accident, so I had to repaint everything. At the time my computer was also very old and max'd out, baking (at least as I knew it) could take days, made worse when I had to move a part, a UV or something just didn't go right.

First I tried to collapse everyone into two, the exterior, interior (outside), the radar and rotor assemblies

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/newir_zps2f280698.jpg?t=1378238117

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/UV-2_zps8e8d40bd.jpg?t=1378238105

This was the second attempt which was a bit better but bits and bobs were EVERYWHERE.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/435_zps785dbd77.jpg?t=1378238167

This was the third attempt, by now I pushed the interior to its own, including only FCR and exterior.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/uvw_zpsa58ddf60.jpg?t=1378238175 it was better but I wasn't happy with the detail that I could NOT get out of it.. The radar was something I wanted to add a lot of detail on both texture and model, for prop use later, come to find out the update pushed the bird over the polycount in O2. So we moved the FCR to proxy which gave me the idea of giving it's own set of UV's which left the exterior and rotor assemblies.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/UV4_zps61833fa5.jpg?t=1378243397 Unfortunately this also packed the spaces very tight and my knowledge of how important UV layout is (the fact that split Uv's also split the mesh and artificially create more faces) was not present so there were splits everywhere. Thing is, packed UV's are good but in this case it didn't allow for expansion but rather would demand more texture for body modules of air national aircraft.

A big change later meant that it might be better if the rotors had their UV sections, and this is what I wound up with.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/UV5_zps459e84bd.jpg?t=1378244470

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Old%20works/rotorUV_zps40fda287.jpg?t=1378245639 for the exterior UV there are gaps large enough for whatever I want to unwrap in future, space for the engine modifications, significantly less splits and components are organized into groups or are loitering nearby. With each of these changes meant that thigns had to be moved around or repainted again.

There was also a constant need to drop the polycount without sacrificing detail, and even now I'm still expanding my knowledge on how to use normal maps (but haven't applied it yet..) to do thing. There were also various bumps on the way such as Franze needing time to do the math required of various things...the gun AUTO mode for example needs a script to convert Z to Y and Y to Z based on the angle of the helicopter otherwise it would fritz. It is this math that allows the pilot to lock the gun on a target and waver the helicopter back forth while the gun remains locked on said target.

The conversion of fuel to lb rather than quantity as well, the conversions of air data for slip and turn rates as well as ground speed versus air speed, true air in knots, tracking not only what weapon you are using but its actual type and the differences between them.

Each page also had to be built, reviewed and researched to the best of our ability. We had to discuss a lot about how it would happen and then of course examine the effects of wether or not the magic would effect it or not.. if it moves or changes in any way then it is a separate part laying over the primary piece. With the WPN page having over 50 pieces. Then we had to deal with the way the game not only handled but presented them with material trials and of course the way shadows effected them. Before they overlapped like normal, which made the pages somewhat tricky to read in certain conditions http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/AH-64D/Work%20In%20Progress/arma2OA2012-04-0620-34-30-16.png So I played with the rvmat and did a bit of research until they became backlit, no longer effected by shadows and rendering at the same brightness in all tiems of day and weather.

I also had the realization that we could use our cockpit proxy to create a shadow, just as pilot proxies cast shadows which meant going from this http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/AH-64%20Assistance/examp1_zps46878b6d.png to this http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/arma2oa2012-10-1701-30-39-67_zps1854e7c7.png so all knobs and switches, the MPD button guards and more cast shadows rather than only the exterior shadow.

Truth be told think this project NEEDED the time it took (almost) so that we could discover and learn how to do these things...Prime example, the TSD moving map and scaling didn't come into action until late last year. I don't think we had ASE page either interactable cockpits were an idea but were a bit buggy on the move..it wasn't until 7 months ago with help from Nou that Franze achieved the interactable cockpits as we know them today. The time it has taken has taught us so much that it is difficult to talk about it without writing a bit of a novel, but it is this experience that will stick with us and help us on future projects because we already know what to do and more importantly, what not to do.

Bit of life story here.

I think I was using the mockups to try and build some esteem for myself..you see at this point I was in a very depressed state. I had no ambitions, no life goals and virtually only one family connection. I saw myself as worthless and unable to do anything, I contemplated suicide fairly regularly and even attempted it twice, almost a third time. I know nobody wants to read this but screw it, now is as good as any. In 2012 I found an online comment from Franze mother and wrote this to her "

"Hello madam, I know that it has been a long time since this comment was posted but Franze never linked me to it before, I only just now stumbled across it in a recent browse.

Upon reading your comment I feel I should express my own appreciation. I created the model he has animated and you could say that he was and has been the drive to do so. The rotor areas were only set up the way they are due to what he told me he could do with them. The things he does continue to impress me even today, and every time he sends an update to me I get excited, as though I were a child on christmas eve.

His work is my inspiration and inspiration for our project, in fact at one point there was no project, it was one of his lone projects, an SU-17 that convinced me to finish the 3D model and hand it over to him.

Your son has given me much over the years, more than he knows, and one day I intend to tell him but I'm still thinking of how to do so without it being awkward. I am happy that you show interest in what your son does, and I hope that you are proud of him, he is very sincere, an open and out of the box thinker, and one of my best friends. -NodUnit"

So yeah, thank you for adding some inspiration into my life and giving me the drive to pursue a hobby, it has given me a great deal of self confidence that I can do something along with knowledge and understanding. For all the hell I give ya just know that it is in a sort of brotherly way (not as if you don't give it back anyway :P )

Okay...on to the stuff people care about..

This addon really is amazing, but I just started and after a while canceled the tutorial as it looks like I will have to buy another keyboard to get this working.

Anyway, awesome work here.

What are you currently using? Gamepad?

I wonder if this works with other addons addons or I have to install only this addon?

Sound mod is compatible? cba need to install it or not? I have doubts whether I can install with other mods or not?

It should work...I was trying to test CBA during the alpha phase but I couldn't get the mod to work, it kept shouting at me that I was missing a file so I can't say for certain...give it a shot and if you have any troubles please let us know. Thus far the ACE missile conflict is all I've heard.

nodunit and franze lovely addonn when u guys are gonna release the IAF saraph version is it already made

We do have a Sarahf yes http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/AH-64D/Work%20In%20Progress/IS-5.jpg but we can't say for sure wether or not it will be in Arma 2, depends on demand. For TKOH it definately will.

Edited by NodUnit

@NodUnit

"What are you currently using? Gamepad?"

Yeah, sure. Arma with a gampad. I've never seen someone trying this but it must a rather short experience as you can't really survive long or get into the complexity of the game with about 8 different keys...

No I am using a mad catz cyborg v7 keybord, but to use your addon I will have to buy a second one or at least an additional key block or somehthing like this as it requires nearly all the "Custom Command" keys arma offers. As I am currently already using nearly every single key on my v7 to play the game, and most custom commands are used by mods in other presets (remapping would end in control chaos while using these mods later on), I just dont have enough keys left to form an easy accesable block of keys that I can use to control the tons of interface options brought by your addon as shown in the Overview tutorial. So yeah, maybe someday I will do so. Because the mod is sooo freakin epic. But up to that point... I will have to stick to the basic funktions like flying around.

Are we only supposed to operate this from the pilot seat? using the gun in the gunners seat is uncontrollable for some reason.It seems to flip all over the place and at times I see in reverse (facing to the rear of the pit instead of forward??) got no idea whats wrong. Seems to work ok in the pilot seat though.

The CPG can only use HMD/AUTO tracking modes when heads down. AUTO can technically be used as long as you have a target acquired but if you don't then the default behavior of the AUTO mode is to function like HMD mode. The reason for this is because the gunner's viewpoint is linked to the aiming direction of his weapon, so what you get is the gun aiming point moves to reflect where he's looking, but then the aiming point changes causing his viewpoint to change, which in turn causes the erratic behavior. If you're heads down then the aiming direction and gunner's viewpoint are no longer linked. HMD and AUTO modes also do not work in multiplayer for the CPG.

If it's just the tail rotor then normal procedure is to reduce power and gain forward speed. At low speeds or in a hover you're in a lot of trouble. If you lose the tail entirely, your center of gravity shifts and you have to combat an extreme nose down tendency. Losing the tail you should do your best to reduce power and land as quickly as possible.

WOW! Just loaded this up with AiA in ARMA 3...

The time it took to get to this point is reflective of the fact that when we started, we didn't know what we could and couldn't do. There was a lot of trying little things here and there to get the big things to work. The model and textures took a huge setback as well due to some hardware failures and file mistakes. Most of the scripting started out with a "Hey, lets try..." which took some time to implement. It took about a year before the gun AUTO/HMD tracking was built into a workable state and even then it has a lot of issues. In addition there was a lot of research into making things both look and work the way they should, putting a huge number of hours into studying information available in the public domain.

It's not A3 ready, so as a result most of the scripts don't work and you get an odd echo from all sounds in the cockpit; likely due to a missing variable. Sorry but we're not ready to move anything to A3 yet, especially since A3 lacks the heliFM from TKOH.

Maneuverability: Most helicopters are light on the controls, even the big heavy ones. This is why over controlling is a constant danger. Keeping in mind it's not strictly the mass of the helicopter, but the mass and size of the rotors; you have the hydraulic power to move around a huge rotating mass quickly and that results in very sharp and unforgiving handling, especially with the heavier ones as the body of the helicopter is lagging behind the rotor motions.

An improved start up procedure has been in the works for the past few days and the next update will include it.

So after a few hours of fiddling and testing it seemed i had a two sided issue, as above, I was running the beta....

We didn't have time to add mod compatibility for this release so as a result there are idiosyncrasies when it comes to playing nice with other mods. It was designed to work from stock ArmA2:CO with no addon requirements. I don't know if it would work well with ACE given the sloppy scripting and overhead we have, so that's why the FAQ item suggests we'll have a simple version compatible with ACE (if there's reason enough to keep things going for A2). ACE has it's own missile handling scripting and that makes the two systems 'fight' over controlling the missile. We have a lot of bugs and scripts to fix so compatibility will have to wait until we can look into what we need to change.

If you mix rockets or missiles on the same hard point, you'll have to select the weapons individually. The fire control system can only distinguish between RF, SAL1, and SAL2 missiles. K, M, and N missiles use SAL2 seekers so you're going to have to remember what you loaded on each rail to select the right one. SAL select on the WPN page doesn't change when RF missiles are selected since it's unique to SAL missiles.

I tried once, but the chopper just bounced off the ground back into the air without damaging itself. it happened during a training mission so I figured it was set to be indestructible? I like it that it's more durable than other Arma choppers, though.

Unless you're really trying to crash, the training missions give you invulnerability (and nix complex startups) to make it easier to become familiar with the aircraft.

It was designed to work with ArmA2:CO out of the box with no required addons, version 1.62. Don't know about sound mods, CBA shouldn't cause any issues, there will be issues with ACE and missile handling but I'm not sure what else.

Folks, I realize that mods like ACE are very popular and used by a lot of people, but there are many, many, many other mods out there and if we were trying to make compatibility for all of them we'd have to spend a whole additional year trying to make sure it all plays nice with everything. This is not a finished or final version, it's a chance to check things out before A3 goes gold - we made the promise that we'd release what we have regardless of completion state or compatibility and that's why you see a lot of these issues and problems, a lot of them very big ones. This isn't the end of the project but a transitional period as we head in new directions. As much as we'd like to, doing this doesn't pay the bills and we've still managed to put about 6 hours a day into it for the past 3 years.

This isn't a slight against the other mods and teams out there - we have an incredible amount of very good talent in this community and they are all very good at what they do; but our goal was to create the most realistic representation of the AH-64 series in ArmA2, regardless of cost. That adds up to a lot of complexity and the more complex you get, the more that can go wrong. Introducing another mod into that equation just adds a lot more work than we could handle, especially considering everything we had to learn to get to where we are.

If I have the time I'll try to expand on what we did right and what we did wrong with the things we learned.

@NodUnit

Yeah, sure. Arma with a gampad. I've never seen someone trying this but it must a rather short experience as you can't really survive long or get into the complexity of the game with about 8 different keys...

No I am using a mad catz cyborg v7 keybord, but to use your addon I will have to buy a second one or at least an additional key block or somehthing like this as it requires nearly all the "Custom Command" keys arma offers. As I am currently already using nearly every single key on my v7 to play the game, and most custom commands are used by mods in other presets (remapping would end in control chaos while using these mods later on), I just dont have enough keys left to form an easy accesable block of keys that I can use to control the tons of interface options brought by your addon as shown in the Overview tutorial. So yeah, maybe someday I will do so. Because the mod is sooo freakin epic. But up to that point... I will have to stick to the basic funktions like flying around.

I'm serious, I've seen lots of posts here and around the web of people talking about flying aircraft in Arma with a gamepad including A3. I'm sorry to hear about the mapping chaos, that's not really something we can do anything with.. If you're quick on your timing you can use the custom user 20 (any key you want including a mouse button) to perform certain tasks with a quick freelook. But if you want a more full experience I highly recommend you get a joystick, it makes SO much of a different for aircraft in general.

I'm serious, I've seen lots of posts here and around the web of people talking about flying aircraft in Arma with a gamepad including A3

Well, if people actually can handle Arma with a single gamepad I'm sorry for my words above and have deep respect of their skill. I imagine it to be rather complicated.

I highly recommend you get a joystick
I've got a joystick but not the most expensive one with keyblock etc but just the basic Thrustmaster T flight Hotas X. But this one doesn't have the required amount of mappable keys either.

/offtopic: Is there a specifc joystick you can recommend? (I really want to play this as good as possible)

Anyway, I will try to get this working the custom user 20, thanks for that hint.

Well, if people actually can handle Arma with a single gamepad I'm sorry for my words above and have deep respect of their skill. I imagine it to be rather complicated.

I've got a joystick but not the most expensive one with keyblock etc but just the basic Thrustmaster T flight Hotas X. But this one doesn't have the required amount of mappable keys either.

/offtopic: Is there a specifc joystick you can recommend? (I really want to play this as good as possible)

Anyway, I will try to get this working the custom user 20, thanks for that hint.

I have the Saitek x52 Pro and it has plenty of customization with it. I think it's something like 139 different, spread across 3 modes (which can be changed by a simple rotary switch). If you'd like photos or a video or anything on it I'm sure I can find something to let you see if it's for you.

There's two different conditions (in real life) that result in not being able to utilize your T/R. There's loss of T/R control (cables snap, hydraulics don't work) and loss of thrust (T/R is gone, T/R stops spinning due to gearbox issue). For loss of control (which is what is generally modeled in A2) in a hover, you *might* be able to fly yourself out of it by getting airspeed on and then getting yourself light and doing a running landing (not possible in A2/A3). If you can't, you will need to lower your altitude (very low) and kill the engines.

For loss of thrust/drive failure, you're pretty much done and need to lower your altitude (quickly) and then kill the engines and cushion with the collective. If you lose your tail boom, as apparently modeled in this beautiful addon (haven't had a chance to mess with it yet), like NodUnit said, your CG is all messed up, as well as losing the horizontal stab, so things are going to get very bad, very quickly.

If you're not in a hover, things are a little better, especially for loss of control. It's very survivable and manageable. Loss of drive requires an IMMEDIATE entry into an autorotation and killing the engines, and then you've got to shoot the best auto of your life...literally.

Wow, this looks amazing! I've been waiting for this for a while now. I'll be able to try it out in a day or so. So, if I read/understand correctly, it makes use of the TOH flight model? I didn't know that was possible without the user having TOH installed. Does this mean I can use my HOTAS throttle as a collective? I noticed it works great in TOH, but in Arma my throttle just works as more of a switch (if it's >50%, it inputs "increase throttle" and when it's <50%, it inputs "decrease throttle"). If my throttle can work properly in this, like in TOH, I just don't know what to say - it would be awesome!

Thanks for all of your hard work on this, it's very much appreciated. I can't wait to give it a go.

I'm afraid not, but we will be looking into expanding to take on helicopters so if you enjoy the bird and you enjoyed TKOH then you'll get the best of both worlds unless something comes up.

I'm afraid not, but we will be looking into expanding to take on helicopters so if you enjoy the bird and you enjoyed TKOH then you'll get the best of both worlds unless something comes up.

Oh ok, I must have misread. Still, the throttle issue is a minor thing - there's so much more in this addon that I can hardly fault it for an issue with Arma 2. I'll play around in Arma 2 with it (learn how to use all of the systems) and then I'll be ready for any potential ToH release :D

Thanks again!

Oh ok, I must have misread. Still, the throttle issue is a minor thing - there's so much more in this addon that I can hardly fault it for an issue with Arma 2. I'll play around in Arma 2 with it (learn how to use all of the systems) and then I'll be ready for any potential ToH release :D

Thanks again!

You should be able to fix your throttle by assigning both axis (directions) to Analogue Throttle (Raise/Increase) and nothing to Analogue Throttle (Decrease). Then you can adjust the sensitivity on the Controllers screen as you prefer.

You should be able to fix your throttle by assigning both axis (directions) to Analogue Throttle (Raise/Increase) and nothing to Analogue Throttle (Decrease). Then you can adjust the sensitivity on the Controllers screen as you prefer.

I haven't heard that before - I've tried assigning up and down to analogue increase/decrease, respectively, but I never thought to try and assign up and down throttle to only analogue increase! Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go and see if it fixes the problem for me.

I haven't heard that before - I've tried assigning up and down to analogue increase/decrease, respectively, but I never thought to try and assign up and down throttle to only analogue increase! Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go and see if it fixes the problem for me.

Yeah I know it doesn't make any sense and I've suggested they change the settings to make it more intuitive but that seems to be how all sticks need to be assigned to work. Maybe there's some device out there that requires assigning it to both increase and decrease.

I work the engine start, could someone put a video of which is the procedure for starting? please

The starting procedure is covered at the end of the Overview in the training hub under the campaigns.

Also just wanted to express my thaks to everyone for the thank you's and whatnot. We generally don't reply because we don't want to seem like narcissistic, just letting you know we appreciate the kind words and aren't ignoring you :).

Also start up will be addressed with feedback cues.

EDIT: So just out of curiosity, how long would you guys be willing to wait on the start up sequence? Say we add the APU sound, how long would you be willing to sit for it to warm up to provide the power to engines? Ten seconds? Twenty? Somewhere in between? Faster or longer? I'm curious to know (would put it in a poll but..) I mean obviously 20 seconds is too much but how hardcore are you folks.

Edited by NodUnit

In training you can not load the missiles, but if the rockets .... have if someone else can confirm and fix it Please

Well, do you have a way where a mission can start with a partially-performed sequence, i.e. battery and APU turned on and warmed up for about 67% of the time needed, or battery/APU both turned on and warmed up for long enough with both engines started but the throttles at idle?