franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

checking...tankschemes_zps7a79cb3d.jpg?t=1378089583 Are you using the last official patch or a testing patch?

Edited by NodUnit

Latest OA beta. It may be a Russian T72 now that I think of it.

Either way, the helicopter is the only mod I'm running.

Looks like the Russian T-72, had me for a loop there for a bit.

This hasn't been tested with the latest OA beta, only 1.62 CO. Can you try it without the beta?

Yep, that fixed it! Thanks for your patience. Went 3 for 3 in two runs versus 3 Russian T72's at 2.3km. The taxpayers must be ecstatic :P

It's okay, we got plenty, not like our military spending isn't more than the world.

Edited by NodUnit

The beta may have altered the functionality of some commands used to calculate the missile guidance as it seems the missile went right into a spot behind the tank with great accuracy. I'll see what I can alter in the next update to possibly fix that.

Looks like the Russian T-72, had me for a loop there for a bit.

This hasn't been tested with the latest OA beta, only 1.62 CO. Can you try it without the beta?

Yep, that fixed it! Thanks for your patience. Went 3 for 3 in two runs versus 3 Russian T72's at 2.3km. The taxpayers must be ecstatic :P

Hrm... well it appears when i moved the content over to a different drive a few years ago some time between now and then steam decided to chuck a hissy and Six won't launch without the beta because the key 'doesn't exist'...

*sigh* Back to reinstalling another 12gb...

Loving the addon even more now that Hellfires work for me :)

Just completed Hornet's Nest with all ZSU's dead, multiple dead tracked vehicles, and got the two Havoc's as well. 23 out of 24 Hellfires hit enemy targets. The one that didnt hit, hit a friendly DSHK pickup I'd accidently locked on instead :P

Had a chance to see the damage model in action too. Got too close to the enemy airbase and ate a MANPAD, and lost tail rotor totally. Results were catastrophic, rather than relatively easy to salvage like vanilla ArmA and regaining control from a hover was impossible. Had I been moving beforehand, I imagine I could have just kept speed up and RTB'd and tried a runway landing :P

The one that didnt hit, hit a friendly DSHK pickup I'd accidently locked on instead...

You can lock onto BLUE/GREEN forces? Nice!

You can lock onto BLUE/GREEN forces? Nice!

I think there was something where if an enemy got in a different side/faction's vehicle, either the faction or side of the vehicle changed to match the player but the other one didn't, so thus it would be possible for the game and targeting to still think that vehicle was enemy.

I think there was something where if an enemy got in a different side/faction's vehicle, either the faction or side of the vehicle changed to match the player but the other one didn't, so thus it would be possible for the game and targeting to still think that vehicle was enemy.

Deliberate design of our FCR.

We've heard mixed opinions on it being able to identify and classify targets, and it is milimetric but I'm not convinced it knows a literal profile of EVERY vehicle from EVERY angle on the field and wether it is blueforce or not.

Many vehicles do not carry IFF, and after some deliberating we figured that with the 10km and classification range, having all forces garunteed and labelled by blue, red, or green would make things too easy and the radar too godlike, even more of a "win" button than tab locking.

We also wanted to emphasize that the digital battlefield is all about information, and bad information can be even more devestating. You need to know what you are getting into before you actually do. If there are friendlies in the area then you need communication otherwise you may have a friendly fire accident as our dear friend whose body is now welded into the seats of a pickup knows..

So it instead it classifies vehicles based on their type rather than what they are (It can't tell one wheeled vehicle from another, if it's a tractor or a UAZ)

which would enforce the dynamic of teamwork through priority firezones with other apache's, laser remote codes and of course guys on the ground.

Edited by NodUnit

We also wanted to emphasize that the digital battlefield is all about information, and bad information can be even more devestating. You need to know what you are getting into before you actually do. If there are friendlies in the area then you need communication otherwise you may have a friendly fire accident as our dear friend whose body is now welded into the seats of a pickup knows..

So it instead it classifies vehicles based on their type rather than what they are (It can't tell one wheeled vehicle from another, if it's a tractor or a UAZ)

which would enforce the dynamic of teamwork through priority firezones with other apache's, laser remote codes and of course guys on the ground.

I love you guys.

Thank you. Jane's Longbow 2 got nothing on you guy's. Excellent work!!! :icon_dj:

i see i am not the only one who got taken back to longbow 2 as soon as everyone learns how to fly it and use the systems i could see this being on every domination server

Well then mission accomplished..though I highly doubt we'll be seeing it as a standard anywhere.

By the way, I'm going to be so dissapointed if after all that big talk of being so anxious to crash our bird into a hill, we see nothing of it.

Don't be afraid to share stories, good or bad, we won't judge you for being bad...truth be told, my very first time in this bird..I didn't even get off the ground, I raised the collective a bit and pushed the cyclic hard, immediately flipped and blew myself off without ever leaving the ground.

Edited by NodUnit

"Don't be afraid to share stories, good or bad, we won't judge you for being bad...truth be told"

Ok NodUnit, here is one, I just finished a MSO mission and I was landing back on the Nimitz, I get hit by a rocket, lose Tail Rotor control but I am only a few feet off the deck so I am trying to get down and get out. Get hit by another rocket and it blows the Tail section off, there I am on the deck half a bird and engines burning and rotors still turning trying to get to the action on the Fire Extinguisher with the lady telling me my helo is falling apart and finally I rotate off the deck and into the water!

"Don't be afraid to share stories, good or bad, we won't judge you for being bad...truth be told"

Ok NodUnit, here is one, I just finished a MSO mission and I was landing back on the Nimitz, I get hit by a rocket, lose Tail Rotor control but I am only a few feet off the deck so I am trying to get down and get out. Get hit by another rocket and it blows the Tail section off, there I am on the deck half a bird and engines burning and rotors still turning trying to get to the action on the Fire Extinguisher with the lady telling me my helo is falling apart and finally I rotate off the deck and into the water!

Oh man that sounds hectic, I would have loved to see a video of that.

Are we only supposed to operate this from the pilot seat? using the gun in the gunners seat is uncontrollable for some reason.It seems to flip all over the place and at times I see in reverse (facing to the rear of the pit instead of forward??) got no idea whats wrong. Seems to work ok in the pilot seat though.

HMD and AUTO modes don't work too well for the gunner currently, you can use it but it is VERY sensitive. But I also noticed that the gunner does not seem to have TADS as an ACQ source so we'll look into that.

Facing the rear... is that with the helicopter flying or on the ground? If on the ground then the TADS are stowed and will orient once the engines are one, later you'll not be able to use the TADS until the aircraft is on, so you won't see between the cpg's legs anymore. This was a last minute quick change due to a curiosity so it will need some tweaking.

Edited by NodUnit