Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

Sidemission Script Package

Sidemission Script Package

Well, since I haven't really seen a set of side mission scripts that you can just drag into any mission folder and have it work, I've decided to make my own set of scripts that do just that.

All scripts in this package only use BIS functions to spawn/patrol, and the number of groups spawned at the sidemission is random.

List of sidemissions:

Destory Ammobox:

The title basically explains itself, you are tasked to destory 2 ammoboxes inside a random area.

Kill Officer:

Once again, the title speaks for itself. Kill an officer inside a defined area and the mission will be completed.

Destory Radio Tower:

Destory a radio tower inside a defined area.

Destory Vehicle:

Destory a randomly selected vehicle inside the defined area.

Retreive Intel:

Move in on a helicopter crash site and retreive the intel briefcase. This mission might be a bit buggy since sometimes

the action never appears on the intel breifcase... Thus breaking the whole system.

Usage:

put inside your init.sqf:

execVM "Sidemissions\SMfinder.sqf";

You will also need to create a marker on the map and call it sideMarker then set it to the type of marker you want.

(color will be set automatically by the script and it will also be hidden until its needed)

you will then need to create a game logic (preferibly somewhere not close to your spawn area to prevent a sidemission spawning inside your base) put as its name: center

I plan on trying to get something in that will make it so no sidemission will ever get put near the spawn area...

Go ahead and change these scripts any way you like. Just give me credit for the original script.

Link to armaholic will be up sometime in the next day

Sounds awesome. I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference.

Well... seems this set of scripts won't be going up any time soon. HUGE error spam from the Bohemia patrol function about undefined variables. I'm going to be messing around trying to figure out why this happens on my scripts but nowhere else. Funny thing is this didn't start happening until i restarted my game...

Edited by austin_medic

Well... seems this set of scripts won't be going up any time soon. HUGE error spam from the Bohemia patrol function about undefined variables. I'm going to be messing around trying to figure out why this happens on my scripts but nowhere else. Funny thing is this didn't start happening until i restarted my game...

Noted your post back when it was new and make it a habit to check back now and then.

Any luck with this set of scripts? Anyone know if there is a working set of scripts that generate Random Side Mission and can be easily integrated into an existing mission?

Thanks in Advance.