Sign in to follow this  
Juicymarmalade

Won't let me join any servers running Altis

I have tried running the dev build but any server with Altis in the title that I try to join either gives me a "Session lost" message while joining or the game will crash and give me an "Arma 3 has stopped working message" midway through loading the mission file usually. This happens even on servers with lots of people. Can someone please help? I just got back from a trip and was really looking forward to seeing Altis since it released without warning while I was away.

What are your system specs? I've seen evidence that people using 32-bit operating systems are seeing the same problem that you are.

Windows 8 64 bit

Card: AMD Radeon 7850

CPU: AMD-FX 8150

CPU speed: 3.4 ghz

RAM: 16gb (I think)

Video memory: 2 GB

try sending the crash files to BIS... they might be able to shed some light.

I was getting a lot of crashes which were due to my oculus being connected. It was not turned on but windows saw it as another monitor. If you have two monitors, try pulling the second.

good luck

Are you running the Dev build from a 'Backup' ? I had the same issue when I copied the whole arma folder (stable) because I have a slow connection and could not be a***d to download everything again.

Try starting a singleplayer Showcase first before connecting to a Server or Check the local files for Errors in Steam.

If an Altis mission uses nearestobject (currently there is a big issue with this command and Altis) such as Domination, Invade & Annex, Insurgency etc then everyone is having issues connecting to DEV Branch servers, especially on high player number servers 30 +