Sign in to follow this  
Archosaurus

Real Virtuality Performance

You're going offtopic,

No we are not, you are talking about engine performance, claiming that the vr engine is not a good engine and bis needs to step up and make a new engine of their own. thus you claim that it is not their engine and all the information we can find on the vr engine points to only one manufacturer only and that is BIS, if there was another party involved I bet we would of known it already ages aggo ....

No one is going to side on this claim unless you give us some actual indication that this is true or a dev would side you on this.

and still this isnt off topic mate ;-) read your own posts ...

best of regards

I'm still waiting for suggestions.

Stop trolling my topic and flooding it with posts that will need to be removed later on. I also await a long time dev to shed some light on the engine, because my information comes mainly from old posts from devs and new posts from devs regarding Arma 3 AI.

Stop trolling my topic and flooding it with posts that will need to be removed later on. I also await a long time dev to shed some light on the engine, because my information comes mainly from old posts from devs and new posts from devs regarding Arma 3 AI.

I already suggested several stuff in my former post, I also added my system information if the game doesn't run properly I suggest you clean out your pc, place extra coolers install a heat controller to check your heat sources so you know what kind of coolers you will need, I can run the games well normally you should be able to do that also unless something is bottlenecked ....

best of regards

Well maybe your feeling trolled because your first post flatly states "when are they going to ditch this engine?" for which many people is the only engine remotely capable of giving us our large scaled 1000 AI military sandbox fix :p Why not just post in the Low Performance thread rather than one dedicated soley to your PC problems?

I already suggested several stuff in my former post, I also added my system information if the game doesn't run properly I suggest you clean out your pc, place extra coolers install a heat controller to check your heat sources so you know what kind of coolers you will need, I can run the games well normally you should be able to do that also unless something is bottlenecked ....

best of regards

I would do that, but temperatures should be in normal areas, and there isn't exactly too much dirt in my PC, I take some care of it you know.

I've even run apps that monitor heat ingame in real time and it was at fairly normal levels.

I don't believe it has ever raised above normal temperatures.

Why not just post in the Low Performance thread rather than one dedicated soley to your PC problems?

Because I would most likely be suggested the same things that I have already tried and to this day since 2009, still tweak.

I'm pretty sure I've had more time in the configs than ingame. :j:

The topic of the thread is "Real Virtuality Performance" and you posted your thread in "ARMA 3 - GENERAL" with claims of the origin of said engine. Our posts are on topic.

Your posts about troubleshooting your pc performance is off topic, it belongs in the "ARMA 3 - BETA TROUBLESHOOTING" area.

I would do that, but temperatures should be in normal areas, and there isn't exactly too much dirt in my PC, I take some care of it you know.

I've even run apps that monitor heat ingame in real time and it was at fairly normal levels.

I don't believe it has ever raised above normal temperatures.

If thats not the case which HDD do you use? how old is it and how fast does it read as this is also important, tbh if the hardware isnt heating and nothing else is wrong the only thing i can think of is that something is bottlenecked and the only thing I can think of now is your HDD ....

(also what are your expectations?)

I mean if you expect to run A3 at 60 fps I am surely you are going to be disappointed I mean this is rarely seen, if you run arma games at 30 to 40 fps then you are actually running the game well if you ask me ...

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

Well, this got a little heated whilst I took my wife to work lol.

@ Archo, I would take your PC to a repair bloke to have it checked out.

Do you use some Startup Parameters?

I use this line:

-nosplash -world=empty -noFilePatching -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=6 -high

Futher Informations

It may helps to add:

-nologs

which forces arma to not write any logfile. (sometimes very performance heavy)

If thats not the case which HDD do you use? how old is it and how fast does it read as this is also important

was wondering this too. Is archo packing an IBM Winchester only marginally younger than me? :)

My HDD is a 2TB Seagate HDD.

It is very new, under 6 months.

"2795GB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 ATA Device (SATA)"

I defrag it regularly.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated, and sorry for getting a bit heated in the conversation.

@Lappi

I will try that exact line and see what it does later. Arma 2 did not run very much better with maxmem etc. set to what I want, though.

was wondering this too. Is archo packing an IBM Winchester only marginally younger than me? :)

well it will not be that old but if it is already used a lot he may have some problems with hes system cache, pagefile or superfetch, the RAM memory chips in his computer may be fast, but they wont hold enough to do everything the computer needs to do, so the overflow that the RAM chips can’t support gets sent to the hard drive, a certain portion of his hard drive literally, about 1% maybe even less needs to be reserved for this to function. If his personal data begins encroaching on this space that is reserved for system files prefetch or cache, then hes computer will most certainly get slower and slower very noticeably.

Unless I am mistaking Arma games are hard for processing and if the files are been read slow it may also process troubles for his FPS performance. although I may be mistaken but I had troubles too in the past with read performance, changed my hdd and problem was solved ...

anyway if he cant setup the game properly and has a lot of fps issues and all of hes hardware is up to date then I guess the only thing that is left to do is go to his computer manufacturer or somebody that has the knowledge to check hes pc out to look what can be don to solve it, as he already stated other games run properly but other games are not arma :) ...

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

Obviously there's something wrong with the thread authors computer or installations.

Update drivers, reinstall the game, reinstall your OS... the standard dance.

Nothing wrong with your specs.

Not sure if this thread should continue existing. Enough performance and engine bashing threads already.

Also I'm under the impression you have done little to nothing to resolve this issue.

Anyways what framerate to you get playing Showcase: Infantry with all standard and in what resolution?

I think the best way to solve this would be to start all over and do a complete diagnosis and unless I missed something on the last page we haven’t seen full specs.

Instead of first making yourself heard by a bashing thread.

Anyways if it’s only ARMA and all ARMA games and nothing but ARMA games and everything is updated and reinstalling does nothing then the only thing I can imagine is any and all ARMA games relying on some sort of process that is critically flawed in the exact CPU you have or something such freaky.

holy shit!!!! 4 pages and the solution is in the first posting: the thread starter has an old dualcore processor. loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Pleas god give brain :p

holy shit!!!! 4 pages and the solution is in the first posting: the thread starter has an old dualcore processor. loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Pleas god give brain :p

lol overlooked that one, :Oo: rofl launched at Q1.10 :banghead: http://ark.intel.com/products/43546/ no wonder if he cant run A3 properly, anyway in that case I have but one suggestion, @OP you better buy a new cpu and while you are at it, check performance tested with Arma3 alpha on cpu's on this forum to make sure you make the right decision before you rush to the shop http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=34719486&postcount=4 ....

you can go for an Intel Core i5-3570k to i7-4770k depending on your budged ... wich will range between the $195,00 and $184,00 to $303.00 however you can maybe get your hands on a intel I5 2500k which will cost you around $213.00, these prizes are all Recommended Customer Prizes and may vary depending to the store, also when you change your cpu make sure your're power source is still up to it so don't forget to ask your're manufacturer if the power source you have still suffice with the upgrade you will make ...

If you want to know for sure if I give you the right solution you may want to run this tool http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ you need to give permission to let the tool check your system it will compare what you have with the minimum optimization and maximum optimization given by the game developer to run the game. Bellow the checkup you do there you will find the recommendations that you will need to optimize your system properly ;-)

hope it helps ...

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ
gramma

30fps is fine. Don't be a princess.

hum. hell no.

30 milisecond/frame is good. okay for that.

hum. hell no.

30 milisecond/frame is good. okay for that.

... what? 30 milliseconds per frame equals 30 fps. Doesn't it?

... what? 30 milliseconds per frame equals 30 fps. Doesn't it?

I don't think it is the same, I am not tremendously good in calculations, however I found this. If your movie is 30 frames per second, then a frame is 1/30th of a second, or 33.33 milliseconds. If your movie is 24 frames per second, then a frame is 1/24th of a second, or 41.66 milliseconds. I thought I found some kind of calculator for it online but it seems to calculate metre/second and foot/second in stead of frames per seconds and milliseconds. But if I am correct if you take the former rule and just put in google like this 1/28 of a second it will give you an exact calculation in the search engine like this -> (1/28) * (1 second) = 35.7142857 milliseconds ..

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

I suspected by CPU was the problem, as its, simply put, a piece of shit.

I have enough money on me right now to buy a good CPU, but not a good motherboard that will fit one. See, there are only a few CPU's that fit on my crappy motherboard, the "Acer Aspire M5910".

Anyone got any recommendations for a mobo + CPU that is modern and costs under 300eur overall? That's my budget for hobbies, right now.

If your going to buy a new CPU and mobo I'd also get a SSD as a standard HDD will cause issues seeing as ArmA 3 streams the map like flight sim which standard hard drives can't keep up. The best way to go would be duel SSD's in Raid 0.

If your going to buy a new CPU and mobo I'd also get a SSD as a standard HDD will cause issues seeing as ArmA 3 streams the map like flight sim which standard hard drives can't keep up. The best way to go would be duel SSD's in Raid 0.

I am well aware, but I get bad FPS even on small maps as long as there's AI and stuff. 2k VD is enough for me most the time anyway and I don't run any games on high settings. Right now I can play the game fine but its painful, best said.

An SSD, I will buy later. I believe a good CPU should be the better purchase right now.

i5 3570k any good?

OK, since the culprit has ben identified, I'm gonna close this thread.

You can continue your discussion here.