tortuosit

Aborting a mission was never possible and is not possible?

Guys, I hate to ask this question because I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING. In Arma 2, while in a mission, we only had "Suspend" for going out of a SP mission. Now it has been renamed (good!) to "Save and exit" which does the same. But there are many moments where I don't want to get new useless Savefiles in my Arma User folder and just abort a mission. I think it's nothing unusual, but not available, or I am really sot seeing something.

What's the idea behind not being able to abort a mission? Desertion not allowed?

I think maybe its to prevent accidentally quitting without saving? What I don't get is that if we are limited to one save per mission (which I agree with it makes things more intense) how come we can then save & exit and resume from teh same point later on even if we've saved already?

@tortuosit

That's just the way it is, I don't really see the problem. If you want to restart, select restart. If you want to quit, just quit! The savegames are tiny, so really it shouldn't be a problem.

@sproyd

What I've done is I've modified the "regular" difficulty to have all the same settings as Veteran (no map markers, AI skill etc) - that way you can still have unlimited saves without 'easy mode'! Takes a little while, but it's worth it IMHO. As to your other thing, well, it just does what it says it does - saves and exits. Once you resume, it's not going to retain the old save from your exit, is it? :)

It annoys me too. I'll often hop on a grenade and kill myself. When you're dead, you can Abort.

@tortuosit

That's just the way it is, I don't really see the problem. If you want to restart, select restart. If you want to quit, just quit! The savegames are tiny, so really it shouldn't be a problem.

What I see is, my profile folder is 450 MB once again with probably 90% wasted. This happens also because if you use bleeding edge missions which are updated regularly (and which have e.g. a new version number in the pbo name) you get a new savegame every time.

I heard "quit without saving" is possible in some other applications as well, it is not rocket science and rather common. ;)

You do not need to worry about this. The savefiles size is in just a few kb per save file. I highly doubt that you would have so many saves to make at least some difference on your PC (lets say 250mb even on SSD).

You do not need to worry about this. The savefiles size is in just a few kb per save file. I highly doubt that you would have so many saves to make at least some difference on your PC (lets say 250mb even on SSD).

Well today i had 540mb of savegame size, month ago it was 760mb. Something is wrong here.

Tortuosit's grip is that you can't exit a mission without saving.

The above takes care of that. Granted, it not only exits the mission, but actually closes the game... ^^