Sign in to follow this  
leekster

Steamworks not working with ARMA 3

Hello all!

Ever since the alpha of ARMA 3 I have not once been able to use the steam overlay or any steamworks features besides the newly added workshop. Couple this with the fact that if I alt tab out of the game it crashes, it has been very frustrating trying to play multiplayer with friends.

Thank you all for your help.

For the overlay part... are you using any other overlays? TS? Everytime I use TS3, Steam Overlay does not work. This only happens if I have TS opened prior to launching Arma. If I launch A3 and then TS both overlays work.

No to both sadly.... My overlay works in all other games I launch. And I don't use the ts3 overlay. Thank you both for your help though.

use "-openGL" in your startup options to activate the steam overlay, that works with some games. Also run Steam with admin rights if you are not doing that lready.

use "-openGL" in your startup options to activate the steam overlay, that works with some games. Also run Steam with admin rights if you are not doing that lready.

I tried running with that mod line and I was already running steam with admin rights. No luck there.... thank you so much though.