mp5gosu

U.C.S.V. Cargo & Support Drone

You have to enable Lifting first. To figure out how to, please refer to the included manual. :)

It is able to lift anything valid, even if it has a crew inside. (Depends on feedback, if this option stays in)

To lift something, you have to be close (2m on X/Y axis relative to your target, max. 5.5m in height) and not faster than about 3.5km/h. But these values are not final, they depend on the feedback I receive and may be altered with the next update or become freely configurable.

Glad to hear that flying this thing is easier now. :)

edit: Going to update the first post to make configuration more clear. :)

Oh my - Totally my bad. Embarrassing. I saw the readme and did not dig into the zip file deep enough to see the nicely created PDF. I bet it works like a charm. Will try this out when I get off of work later.

Big thanks!

I'm lazy. Do you poor little one really think I write the stuff from the PDF complete self in the init.sqf? No way! Copy and paste for the win :-D

But I does not work. Dammit. :-\

Ah, damnit, my fault. (self - facepalming right now). :D

The document is secured for content extraction.

let me update the first post in a sec.

Ok added the int lines and it works great. Not only can I pack a UGV with gear and air transport it now (been waiting a long time to do this) I can actually get in the UGV and transport myself and the Stomper. Happy happy joy joy. :yay:

Two little issues found:

1. In Action menu the option "drop item X" do not vanish after dropping the object.

2. Which option in the action menu is for paratrop is not clear. Please Change in "drop item" and "paradrop item" ( in german translation)

And one big favour i have to ask:

You are very skilled in Modelling. Is there a change to see a stretcher who can linked on the Drone for MedEvac?

Something like this: 34_1524490806.jpg

Two little issues found:

1. In Action menu the option "drop item X" do not vanish after dropping the object.

2. Which option in the action menu is for paratrop is not clear. Please Change in "drop item" and "paradrop item" ( in german translation)

And one big favour i have to ask:

You are very skilled in Modelling. Is there a change to see a stretcher who can linked on the Drone for MedEvac?

1.) In which case does this happen? SP, MP (Host)?

2.) I was thinking about that but I decided to add only this one option as this leads to less confusion.

Right now as I'm building a module, I added the min. drop height to its parameters. So, in future, one can specify a height or even disable it directly from the editor module.

As for the stretcher: Yes, I already made a concept for a similar one. I will start modeling when all bugs are annihilated.

Btw.: I discovered a real funny bug. Enabling VSync, will Tilt-Rotors make lag. :D

Edit: Was able to reproduce the action not being removed. Due to a low updaterate, sometimes it steppd over the removing function. :)

Edited by mp5gosu

Till now doesn´t find any gamebreaking bugs, good job mate!

But after flying this drone for over one hour i have a little resumé:

After moving into "Plane" Mode the throttle does effect still the flyhigh of this thing instead of decrease or increase throttle on the rotors. That make flying this thing a little odd. Braking with it is very ... difficult without increasing altitude. Not to mention the AI: Brake from full Speed to Zero for landing (CPM Waypoint or MCC Waypoint) makes the Drone increase the Altitude up to 180m :butbut: and then slowly goes down again like a heli.

Easy to hit that thing, really!!

For solution is to say try to look on the Osprey Addon for manual tilt rotor control or try to make a control switch after tilt animation, so decreasing have really the effect that this thing is slowing down instead of decreasing altitude.

Its not game breaking or really annoying, with a little training you can fly the Drone pretty well but the problem is the AI.

Yes i´m aware that in normal helis this brake behavior is the same.

Awesome thing, dropping a crewed SUV on 5m - 150 km/h is a real adrenaline booster... For those inside! :P

Update arrived, see 1st post. :)

After moving into "Plane" Mode the throttle does effect still the flyhigh of this thing instead of decrease or increase throttle on the rotors. That make flying this thing a little odd. Braking with it is very ... difficult without increasing altitude. Not to mention the AI: Brake from full Speed to Zero for landing (CPM Waypoint or MCC Waypoint) makes the Drone increase the Altitude up to 180m :butbut: and then slowly goes down again like a heli.

For solution is to say try to look on the Osprey Addon for manual tilt rotor control or try to make a control switch after tilt animation, so decreasing have really the effect that this thing is slowing down instead of decreasing altitude.

Its not game breaking or really annoying, with a little training you can fly the Drone pretty well but the problem is the AI.

Yes i´m aware that in normal helis this brake behavior is the same.

The initial release was actually a plane in VTOL mode. The problem is - however, that one cannot configure VTOL classes. If you look back some pages, you will see that people found that Osprey-Feeling (it was the actual Osprey-Handling) disappointing and odd. Reasonable, if you consider a small, lightweight drone behaving like a brick. :D

That's why I moved over to helicopter model which is configurable (unfortunately also only to a certain point), more reliable and more flexible than the plane class. It still is not perfect, but I guess in the current state it is a quite eligible compromise.

The AI - yep, same thing since OFP. :D

Edited by mp5gosu

Thank you very much for informing us of the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest version

Updated to 1.4, see first post. :)

Btw, this will be the last update for a while. It works pretty well and will only be updated if any bugs occur or any features change.

I'm having trouble connecting to the UAV. I have placed the module with an area that covers the map and I have a UAV terminal but it still won't allow me to connect. Am I missing something?

There have been a couple of updates since I last updated it. I will have a look into it tonight and check, if some update broke it. Thanks for the reply.

edit: Just checked it, everything is OK. Maybe you grabbed the Terminal of the wrong faction? ;)

Edited by mp5gosu

There have been a couple of updates since I last updated it. I will have a look into it tonight and check, if some update broke it. Thanks for the reply.

edit: Just checked it, everything is OK. Maybe you grabbed the Terminal of the wrong faction? ;)

Haha you were right! I feel stupid. Thank you for the help!

Alright well I finally got to actually play with it and for whatever reason whatever I hook onto the drone, it doesn't latch on where it's supposed to. Instead, the vehicle decides to rest on top of the right wing. I tried removing the lifter mod for helicopters to see if that was conflicting but it didn't change anything.

Alright well I finally got to actually play with it and for whatever reason whatever I hook onto the drone, it doesn't latch on where it's supposed to. Instead, the vehicle decides to rest on top of the right wing. I tried removing the lifter mod for helicopters to see if that was conflicting but it didn't change anything.

Okay. That sounds weird. Could you provide a screenshot or even a video capture please?

Ich

http://i.imgur.com/jt49lUw.png (3048 kB)

An ATV, Hunter, and APC.

Okay, that's definitely an issue. Do you have any other mods active?

If so, please try again without any mod but the UCSV.

If the issue still persists, could you please provide a sample mission/recreation steps?

Anyway, tomorrow I will have a deeper look into the bug. (I already have a presumption what may cause this. :))

Ich

Okay, that's definitely an issue. Do you have any other mods active?

If so, please try again without any mod but the UCSV.

If the issue still persists, could you please provide a sample mission/recreation steps?

Anyway, tomorrow I will have a deeper look into the bug. (I already have a presumption what may cause this. :))

It is the only mod... :/

I've been using it in DUWS but it also happens in the editor with just me, the drone, and a vehicle.

Can't manage to get this mod to work.

Placed the drone, placed a vehicle, placed the module, still no action appears to attach a vehicle to the drone.

Are you controlling the drone and hovering above a vehicle, which is whitelisted by default?

Are you controlling the drone and hovering above a vehicle, which is whitelisted by default?

Yes, i am. Maybe it's an issue with whitelist. Coud you paste a proper whitelist example, see if i did something wrong ? Thanks.

Yes, I will do when I'm home in about an hour. In the meanwhile, you might want to check the manual. Or even try without any additional white/blacklisting.

edit:

[["<CLASSNAME_1>",[X,Y,Z]],["<CLASSNAME_2>",[X,Y,Z]]]

And a working example based on the format above:

[["Quadbike_01_base_F",[0,-0.35,-1]], ["Offroad_01_base_F",[0,0.2,-1.3]]]

X,Y&Z are the offset values relative from the midpoint of the UCSV in meters.

Edited by mp5gosu