mp5gosu

U.C.S.V. Cargo & Support Drone

Alright, almost done.

Things to do: Cleaning up Source Files, tweaking some small things, tweaking flight characteristics, rework current texture, add other camos + user texture, material changes and - of course - adding the functionality to actually hook things. ;)

Though, here's a preview of the model in flight:

Tell me what you think about it and maybe express additional wishes.

The weird flight behaviour is caused by the horrible Piloting skills of the AI (especially in VTOL vehicles).

Have Fun!

edit: Updated the first post as well.

This looks great. Im eagerly waiting to see how your hooking system will turn out. The scripting is probably not so simple. Keep up your great work .

Thanks for the comment. The Scripting is not that easy, indeed. I mean, I could use existing scripts, but I don't want to rely on 3rd party scripts. So it may take up to 2 weeks to succeed. ;)

The model itself and the various textures are currently finished though.

Thanks for the comment. The Scripting is not that easy, indeed. I mean, I could use existing scripts, but I don't want to rely on 3rd party scripts. So it may take up to 2 weeks to succeed. ;)

The model itself and the various textures are currently finished though.

Are you adding a cargo pod for it to be able to pick up/drop off? As in the concept art that you based the design off of? I'd guess that'd it'd be like a crate, and that mission designers would script a loadout for it and have it moveable by the drone.

(That and using this to transport UGVs could be interesting)

Is it possible to add that nice 'disturbed air' effect below the rotors - similar to what they have coming out of exhausts.

I dont think that the air is that hot to change diffraction.In my opinion also its an nice effect it wouldnt make sense.

Are you adding a cargo pod for it to be able to pick up/drop off? As in the concept art that you based the design off of? I'd guess that'd it'd be like a crate, and that mission designers would script a loadout for it and have it moveable by the drone.

(That and using this to transport UGVs could be interesting)

Since this hasn't come up only once: Yes, I will add a pod for transporting Soldiers. Guess, that will be a nice idea. :)

Is it possible to add that nice 'disturbed air' effect below the rotors - similar to what they have coming out of exhausts.

Well first, it wouldn't make much sense as there already is a heat blur effect created by the exhausts. However, it doesn't seem to be possible to animate this effect based on Memory Points or BIS Animation Sources. See this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164212-(Exhaust)-Particle-Effect-Dynamic-Position-Direction-in-config-cpp

So actually the heatblur of the exhaust effect is static, pointing backwards. If I would let it point downwards, it would look weird when in cruise speed.

Finished. Updated first post.

If any Mod is coming by, please move this thread to the ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE Section. Thank you. :)

We were just testing it and it's great. Apart from the fact that it's simply impossible to pick up cargo. The thing is just not controllable in vtol mode. Otherwise great work!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and

explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome addon, congrx for author. I'm thinking ... after that just follow the robot mule. and we are all happy in ARMA yeah!

P1erJeS.jpg

We were just testing it and it's great. Apart from the fact that it's simply impossible to pick up cargo. The thing is just not controllable in vtol mode. Otherwise great work!

Thank you. Yes, I'm currently working on improving the flight characteristics.

True.

But why no signatures for the script version? I'd love to use that on our dedicated server..

Signatures will come with the next update!

I found your idea fantastic! So I was wondering :rolleyes: how would be the fusion of these two aircraft

sku_48848_2.jpgsikorsky-ch54-skycrane_5.jpg

Inspiring, isn't it? :rthumb:

Yep, it definitely is! Although these models are much more complex and I probably can't afford that much time completing these before Arma 4 is released. :D

This addon is amazing (supertittenoberaffenmegageil), reminds me of the Orcas and VTOLs from C&C. :D It's not that difficult to attach vehicles to it, like everything else it just takes practice. I like how you can do sliding landings on roads and airfields.

Are you going to make more logistic units? I know making this rather small addon must have already taken a lot of work, but Arma 3 needs something big, plane-like...

Someone suggested a large, quadrocopter VTOL in the feedback tracker with the lift capacity of a C-130. V-44 or something similar.

http://images.gizmag.com/hero/4645_240905112828.jpg

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_Bell-Boeing_QTR_Concept_lg.jpg

I better post this in the addon request thread... :)

Anyway, good job!