mp5gosu

U.C.S.V. Cargo & Support Drone

Really good job! Don't know why there's the autopilot landing option :confused:

One nice thing is to add a controllable turret like in the quadricopter

Really good job! Don't know why there's the autopilot landing option :confused:

One nice thing is to add a controllable turret like in the quadricopter

Thanks for the hint, Menu entry will be removed!

The autopilot works fine, but for some reasons you lose direct control over the UCSV after the autopilot stopped on the ground. You cant steer or throttle anymore.

The autopilot works fine, but for some reasons you lose direct control over the UCSV after the autopilot stopped on the ground. You cant steer or throttle anymore.

Yep, this seems to be an Issue with the AI.

I haven't tried the autopilot but in UAV terminal there's the command for automatic land so I think it's useless, also because it's a bicopter and it may ( I'm wrong? ) land vertically. right?

I haven't tried the autopilot but in UAV terminal there's the command for automatic land so I think it's useless, also because it's a bicopter and it may ( I'm wrong? ) land vertically. right?

Yes, exactly. The landing autopilot won't work anyways. This is why the action will be moved in the next update. And yes, Using the "Land" Action in Terminal will make it land vertically.

Well and somebody should fix that if u land and Toogle the Engine off the AI set the engine On Again but i think this is Bohemias fault!

Some feedback.

Drones like the UGV Stomper have a little pip window in the UAV terminal (when you "open UAV terminal").

Maybe you want to add one for the UCSV too.

Some feedback.

Drones like the UGV Stomper have a little pip window in the UAV terminal (when you "open UAV terminal").

Maybe you want to add one for the UCSV too.

Ah, thanks for that hint! I knew, I forgot something. ;)

Well and somebody should fix that if u land and Toogle the Engine off the AI set the engine On Again but i think this is Bohemias fault!

Okay, that behavior never occured to me - will check that though!

Edited by mp5gosu

i can confirm that.

Congrats on the release. Love the mod great work. I've only noticed one problem that when you are sitting on top of the UGV in the free look first person even though the UGSV is on the ground surrounding the UGV it looks as if it is sitting on top of it. Other then that minor problem it works beautiful. Keep up the great work cant wait to see it progress.

Alright, that might be the issue. Never tried it on main branch. Will give it a go tomorrow! Thanks for your feedback!

Little question is it wanted that if u go in autohover and press the Y (Z on US keybord) key(for Descend/deaccelerate?) that the Drone shifts a bit back and to the left?

Little question is it wanted that if u go in autohover and press the Y (Z on US keybord) key(for Descend/deaccelerate?) that the Drone shifts a bit back and to the left?

Yes, this is the natural behavior of Bohemias VTOL-Mode - flight behaviour is actually the very same as the A2s Osprey. Seems to be hardcoded as I couldn't find any config param to manipulate anything of the options when in VTOL mode. (Found an example "class VTOLSettings", but has no effect at all). This is why controls differ so much as if when going fast with autohover off.

If it makes sense, I will consider making the drone actually a helicopter as this seems to be more convenient unless BIS doesn't give more control for VTOL Vehicles.

Yes, this is the natural behavior of Bohemias VTOL-Mode - flight behaviour is actually the very same as the A2s Osprey. Seems to be hardcoded as I couldn't find any config param to manipulate anything of the options when in VTOL mode. (Found an example "class VTOLSettings", but has no effect at all). This is why controls differ so much as if when going fast with autohover off.

If it makes sense, I will consider making the drone actually a helicopter as this seems to be more convenient unless BIS doesn't give more control for VTOL Vehicles.

Why use VTOL anyway? Look at the thing. It's practically a larger version of the squad level drone anyway. It's not like it needs to taxi. You should definitely just make it a helicopter. Because I honestly couldn't see it doing anything other than vertical take off and landing.

Why use VTOL anyway? Look at the thing. It's practically a larger version of the squad level drone anyway. It's not like it needs to taxi. You should definitely just make it a helicopter. Because I honestly couldn't see it doing anything other than vertical take off and landing.

Thanks for your reply.

When I bgean this project I didn't know anything about ARMA vehicle Classes, Skeletons and stuff. In the time working on this, I realized that there are plenty of other options, but basically I was sticking to VTOL mode, because it was the same principle like the MV22 in A2. So I thought, it would be the right way. But it isn't. Like said before, this will be changed in the next update. :)

I like the VTOL mode. You have to get used to it, but after some time, it comes very handy. For example to "drive" over vehicles/objects you want to lift. Or fly in normal "jet mode", if you want to reach your destination. After all we want to use this addon, to deal with Altis size and the high speed and jet flight mode, makes it easier to get to your destination. I am also not sure, if the AI could control a "helicopter mode" that easy, right now you can attach objects yourself and then send the drone somewhere via the UAV terminal.

Maybe you should just reduce the inertia in VTOL, this is what makes it hard (but surely not impossible) to control.

Just my 5 cents..

I like the VTOL mode. You have to get used to it, but after some time, it comes very handy. For example to "drive" over vehicles/objects you want to lift. Or fly in normal "jet mode", if you want to reach your destination. After all we want to use this addon, to deal with Altis size and the high speed and jet flight mode, makes it easier to get to your destination. I am also not sure, if the AI could control a "helicopter mode" that easy, right now you can attach objects yourself and then send the drone somewhere via the UAV terminal.

Maybe you should just reduce the inertia in VTOL, this is what makes it hard (but surely not impossible) to control.

Just my 5 cents..

I agree with this, the VTOL mode is good because the flight characteristics are great for when you need to actually get somewhere

Yes the VTOL ist the best system for the drone if u would take the Helicopter mode instead the turning rotor´s would have no sense and function anymore, and besides this the Drone IS concepted to be a VTOL "Vehicle" it just needs bohemia or someone who fully understands it to tweek the System!

it just needs bohemia or someone who fully understands it to tweek the System!

Yeah, but what to do until this happens? I think making the UAV have helicopter characteristics until VTOL is actually working is a good idea.