tonic-_-

TAW View Distance Script (Addon Version)

Hey, is it only more doesn't the save function work at all?

I save my settings, but when I come back the settings are reset and when I go to Saves, my saves are gone!

Hey, I have small problem atm. We started using this mod now and we want to use it together with ACE. The problem is, while the mod is basically working, it always resets it when rejoining a server. It always sets everything to 1000. Also the saves do not work. If I save a configuration its just gone when I rejoin (or restart...not sure at the moment)

Does that have something to do with the n_stateTracker.fsm (Which we don'T have atm)? If yes, how do I use that file? Do I put it in my mission or what? :3

Note that there are some issues with respawning players, the first one being related to the ACE3 compatibility feature - the action menu item is added after respawn. This seems to be because the code doesn't check for ACE on respawn (when removing action from the old body & adding it to the new one), the following fixes it:

http://pastebin.com/yBq6fG9a

The second is trying to set view distances when TAW is supposed to be disabled (tawvd_addon_disable = true;), causing script errors on undefined variables. The following is really a hack as it should be solved using the state machine, I just didn't want to install the FSM editor, so I hacked it up in a notepad:

http://pastebin.com/s5bZa3rf

(Using pastebin instead of code tags here as these forums don't support syntax highlight for diffs.)

Please update this for the new ArmA 3 Update It really helps get the best frames

HOw can I set to load by default in game my save file with settings ? 

Maybe it possible in script version?

awesome mod. But sadly I can`t confugure it to load settings by default:down:

This has been updated recently, is there any reason for versioning the keys of a mod which adds nothing but client side changes? There is now a need to automate the update of the keys for this mod to allow for players to join while I'm away or working and unable to connect to the server to push keys.

It makes sense for mods to be version signed if they add something that can impact a lot of different players, but it just seems like everybody is versioning their key for no reason.

Oh.. Hello there... been awhile..

Updatev1.6

Change log:

Fixed: Save manager was not working (typo that took 4 years to fix PogChamp)

Added: Ground slider now controls both land and sea vehicles.

Changed: Better ACE integration

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EtNAwUkZegW8EanSxh3F075EYiGcj0yL

obviously new server key so yeah be sure to update that.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, tonic-_- said:

Oh.. Hello there... been awhile..

Updatev1.6

Change log:

Fixed: Save manager was not working (typo that took 4 years to fix PogChamp)

Added: Ground slider now controls both land and sea vehicles.

Changed: Better ACE integration

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EtNAwUkZegW8EanSxh3F075EYiGcj0yL

obviously new server key so yeah be sure to update that.

It sounds great.

Do you have a plan to upload it to Wrokshop?

Can someone please screenshot what this should look like in the ACE self-interact menu? I can't seem to locate it

That addon is spamming the .rpt with:

12:10:30 File \ton\taw\viewDistance_TAW\Functions\fn_updateViewDistance.sqf [T..., line 76
12:10:30 Error in expression <ncObject) then {
setObjectViewDistance [_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
12:10:30   Error position: <_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
12:10:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist

On Clafghan - any ideas?

On 10/12/2019 at 6:14 AM, hg2012trigger said:

That addon is spamming the .rpt with:

12:10:30 File \ton\taw\viewDistance_TAW\Functions\fn_updateViewDistance.sqf [T..., line 76
12:10:30 Error in expression <ncObject) then {
setObjectViewDistance [_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
12:10:30   Error position: <_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
12:10:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist

On Clafghan - any ideas?

Hi late response,

Is it only on Clafghan? I don't see how a map can cause that error to spit out, is it all the time? Usually that error is only going to occur if loaded on the server or if the object player is null (i.e no player detected). I will add more checks in to prevent this. Transitioning from script to addon is weird so I forgot about some things.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:27 AM, anfo said:

Can someone please screenshot what this should look like in the ACE self-interact menu? I can't seem to locate it

0ebe86cbfe687d9a9078df7b9b787f00.png

Hey thanx for the super cool script suite.🙂

Ive used it in many missions.Some even released on steam.I always give you a shout out for your work every chance i can bud.

My MP missions wouldnt be the same.🙂Thanx again m8.

Updatev1.7

Change log:

Changed: Will no longer run on a client with no interface (Server/Headless Client), useful if included in mod packs for performance reasons.

Fixed: Error being thrown about undefined variable in certain circumstances.

Download:

http://tonic.pw/files/arma/TAW-View-Distance-Addon-v17.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PYWpwuCnFyGAZopQYP_gkoS0XMnIvKv7

If downloaded via my site, your browser might say the file may be dangerous, obviously it's not and I don't know why some browsers are doing that.

As usual please report any issues, each version gets limited testing to make sure it is in working order but I can't foresee every situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The scripted version is fine as is, the changes for the addon version were needed just because it is an addon and will initialize without even loading into a traditional mission.

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to set maximum allowable view distance range only for infantry for example?

So can set the view distance to 5000 for air, but 2000 for infantry.