tonic-_-

TAW View Distance Script (Addon Version)

I had the problem that the settings menu did not appear. (In Multiplayer of course)

But now I found out: The addon seems only to work if it's loaded from inside the game folder. Play WithSix however offers the option to have mods installed in a custom mod folder.

If VD is installed into another folder than the game directory, it doesn't work anymore.

*demonstrate mode on* we want an update *first off*

;)

lol we still use this too.. very easy to integrate within the mission structure and bomb-proof simple...

SJ

Good bye forums

Edited by Tonic-_-

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

I was messing around with graphics settings today and just trying to balance my config for the best frames.

As you keenly point out, object draw distance is the most heavily weighted killer of frames. In towns I tend to drop it manually to 250m or so, no need for more, as most streets aren't that long etc.

Is there anyway to code some sort of dynamic "draw distance/object distance" that would somehow work out where you were and how much you could see and then adjust on the fly ?

low flying aircraft would be an issue... but I think the benefit for fighting in built up areas, which is the most fun I think... much greater.

Love ya' Tonic, but there's a teeny tiny errsy in the config.cpp for the display name of the 'Low' grass setting. Ref your screenshot above, 'Normal' appears twice, though functionality is correct.

- C

Is there any way to make the UAV view count as air?

I don't need more than 1000m view distance on foot, but from the drove view, loitering at 2000m, I need moar.

Great addon btw!

Cheers!

Is there any way to make the UAV view count as air?

I don't need more than 1000m view distance on foot, but from the drove view, loitering at 2000m, I need moar.

Great addon btw!

Cheers!

I don't think I ever really bothered trying to find a way to detect the UAV but I know that it is tricky because your physical player never moves or changes states when using a UAV, instead something along the lines of remoteConnect (Switches character) happens with some fancy engine-side coding to handle changing from gunner->pilot<-gunner. I can try to look into it but don't expect anything >.>

I really appreciate the effort, thanks!

I expect nothing.

Nothing but the best! ;)

Feature Request:

Any chance you could make a version that uses a keybind to open vs scroll wheel..

Hi and thanks for your very usefull addon.

Since last Arma update, an error pop up on the screen. You can see it, in the following video at 4:08 :

Almost the same as sparfell_19 and kremator except about the end of message (vd_terr_none.colordisabled) :

there is no entry for vd_terr_low.colordisabled

How to resolve these errors ?

FIXED :

Add following in dialog.hpp under section "vd_terr_" (check error message)

colorDisabled[] = {};

Update: v1.5

Video

Change log:

Changed: Code brought up to current coding techniques & small fixes

Added: Drone slider for changing the view & object settings while operating a UGV/UAV.

Added: Edit Boxes (Something the addon version has had for awhile).

Added: Save Manager for loading and saving various settings variations.

Added: ACE3 Integration, if ACE3 is running you can access the menu via ACE3 Self Interact menu.

Download:

TAW View Distance Addon v1.5

//unrelated

I acted like a spoiled brat 10 months ago and removed all the content off my posts and for that I am sorry but with some time to relax and get away from ARMA I've had some time to rethink some things and I am ready to go back to delivering solid content.

• Like 6

Updated mod v1.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Tonic , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Nice new version.  Thanks mate.  Good to see you back with us in good spirits!