Sign in to follow this  
aduke823

ADuke's OH58D Pack

hey ADuke, you didn't answer me:

What will your MH-60 pack contain (which version)?

Will you make a MH-60L with fastrope (like you did on ArmA 2 - even if it was MH-60K instead of MH-60L ^^)?

Here is an early render of my model with it's diffuse map (Warning: Large Image) this was made last week so quite a few things have improved.

I am taking the weekend off and will get back to the model on Monday.

-AD

he will provide updates when he is ready.

This.

If an addon maker has anything to share, I'm sure he isn't keeping it a secret. Let's keep these kinds of threads clear of 'any news' type posts. When there is news, I'm sure ADuke will share it with us.

I have a small update....

It seems that as soon as I announced this addon a few weeks ago, my life then started to get very busy.

I have not had as much time to work on this as I would like, but that should change soon.

I wanted to preview my model in the ArmA 3 engine to get a better idea of what I need to improve.

Here is a video, so you all can see what it looks like in-game.

The video shows that I have a lot of edges that I need to sharpen on the model.

See you next update!

Are you already using normal maps? Seems like the effect is a bit weak.

Other then that - great model!

Are you already using normal maps? Seems like the effect is a bit weak.

Other then that - great model!

My understanding is that the term "normal" refers to the way light reflects off the model's surface, creating depth.

A normal material then creates light reflections or bumps that aren't actually on the surface of the model.

So, a model's surface has "normals" with or without that material assigned to it.

Maybe it was not explained to me correctly, but that is the terminology that I use.

At any rate, I am going to have to sharpen some of the edges so that the surface shading looks correct..

-AD

Edited by ADuke823

Hey,

First off, i can't fucking wait for this! :D OH-58D is one sexy beast!

What are your plans on armament? Do you think you can add some dispersion to Machine/miniguns, It can be incredibly hard to cover some area with the M134's on the AH-9 for example.

cheers, looking forward

I really wish there was a feature in ARMA which I saw on Blood Road bomb squad on TV - they called in a Kiowa and while the pilot maneuvered the co-pilot actually used his M4 to take shots from the helicopter - I wish this was possible in ARMA ;/ anyway, hope the build is going well.

Great a realistic addon, brand new for Arma 3, and a nice helicopter aswell. Hope you keep it as realistic as possible,

and take care in making the ball work properly. That would be suberb, using it as it's supposed to ie. behind cover

observing. Please don't make unrealistic load outs, like the .50 machine gun pod would be much cooler then yet another

minigun.

I'm all warm and fuzzy inside, I think this will be a great addition to arma 3! Have you seen the AVX upgrade proposal for this bird? Its a cool idea to add coaxial rotors and rear dual ducted fans, but it drops the flir from the rotors to the nose of the aircraft.

Sad to hear but reality should always come first, congrats on your new job, I hope it all works out for you.

Congrats on the job! As always, real life comes before virtual