Sign in to follow this  
aduke823

ADuke's OH58D Pack

Hello,

I am announcing the development of my newest project...

ADuke's OH58D Pack

This addon is still very much work in progress, the model is 90% complete, textures are at 25% completion.

Here is the first of many update videos...

Stay tuned for more progress updates.

-AD

Edited by ADuke823

sweet mother of aviation reconnaissance, yes. quick question though, will you be making a navy variant at all?

sweet mother of aviation reconnaissance, yes. quick question though, will you be making a navy variant at all?

I have never seen a navy variant (pic or real life), if you can show me one then I may make one.

-AD

Looks very very high quality! Cant wait! I only download quality model/texture vehicles. Thanks in advance for this.

Looks very very high quality! Cant wait! I only download quality model/texture vehicles. Thanks in advance for this.

I am glad my addon meets your quality standards, thank you for your comment.

A new video was uploaded and the link was fixed in the original post.

Looks pretty accurate. I see those little buggers flying around every day.

Mother of god... he's alive...

And looking mighty fine, will be great to see a OH-58D for the first time since OFP :D

I have never seen a navy variant (pic or real life), if you can show me one then I may make one.

-AD

Yeah I don't blame you, the US Navy doesn't actually operate them (though they were responsible for initiating the program that became the Kiowa in 1960). It's more or less because our fictional USN/USMC milsim unit would like to operate Kiowas from Navy ships, thus making a Navy Kiowa squadron would be a no-brainer. Of course this is a small side request if you have time, or even if you consider our shenanigans worth it :p

My favorite helicopter! Finally! Oh boy I can't wait to take it for a spin around Altis. Do you plan on making an armed version? (That's probably a stupid question.) Perhaps a version with passenger space?

Edit: Found this gem: http://www.mycity-military.com/imgs2/143473_68650415_OH-58D%20KIOWA%20WARRIOR-US%20ARMY.jpg (791 kB)

Nice. Also have you plane any fast rope for your helicopters? Being able to throw up to 4 ropes would be awesome :D

Excellent! Always loved taking a spin in one of these way back when...;-)

Cheers

Thank you for all of your replies.

I appreciate the support.

I just started uv mapping the main rotor and mmts.

The model is divided into 6 parts..

Hull

Main Rotor

Tail Rotor

Details

Skids

Tailplane

Each of those parts need to be...

Modeled

UV mapped

AO mapped

Diffuse mapped

Normal mapped

Specular mapped

So far the hull is...

UV mapped

AO mapped

partially diffuse mapped

The details are partially diffuse mapped as well, you can see what I mean in the video.

I definitely have my work cut out for me.

Anyway, thanks again, back to work.......

very nice ADuke!

I'm also waiting for your MH-60 pack.

Will you make a MH-60L with fastrope (like you did on ArmA 2 - even if it was MH-60K instead of MH-60L ^^)?

Very nice bird, though when you say split into six parts do you mean a seperate unwrap and selection for each one of those parts?

Very nice bird, though when you say split into six parts do you mean a seperate unwrap and selection for each one of those parts?

I mean that I modeled each one of those parts separately, then I started unwrapping and texturing them, the hull and details are the only ones that I have done a diffuse map for thus far.

It's a lot easier to do uv maps for smaller objects instead of trying to do the whole thing at once.

I mean that I modeled each one of those parts separately, then I started unwrapping and texturing them, the hull and details are the only ones that I have done a diffuse map for thus far.

It's a lot easier to do uv maps for smaller objects instead of trying to do the whole thing at once.

Ah okay, all good then :) and yeah I know what you mean about the whole thing at once, all those fine details, especially in the rotory sector...ergh, almost makes ya not want to look at it or do it after a while.

Ah okay, all good then :) and yeah I know what you mean about the whole thing at once, all those fine details, especially in the rotory sector...ergh, almost makes ya not want to look at it or do it after a while.

Sorry man, I didn't realize who you were, I admire your AH64 work. :)

Sorry man, I didn't realize who you were, I admire your AH64 work. :)

No need to apologize :) I meant to add this in earlier but I was too tired, just wanted to say that I am VERY pleased to see people taking more initiative to reinvent the wheel as it were, rather than relying wholesale on conversion from previous games. I look forward to seeing how your project(s) progress and will be keeping an eye on them ^^

Edited by NodUnit

Sounds cool, looking forward to release!