Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Hoping everyone at bis and in prague are ok

Harnu, I havn't seen any good amounts of rain here either in the NE. The only good thing thats coming out this is that I don't have to cut my lawn very often, cuz its dead!

Ha-Ha! biggrin.gif

Ralph-

Just had to tell you that your signature is great!!!! smile.gif

It is a terrible shame that so much damage is being done to some very historical places in the Czech Repuvlic, Germany, and other parts of eastern Europe sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Aug. 16 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is a terrible shame that so much damage is being done to some very historical places in the Czech Repuvlic, Germany, and other parts of eastern Europe sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Mala Strana and the medieval center of Prague survived. The suburbs took the hardest hits.

Now Dresden is in the shites. sad.gif

It is so hard to imagine since we have had beautiful weather here in Sweden, 28 degrees celsius today, sunny and nice. Geographically it is not at all so far away to the flooded areas in Russia and the Czech Republic.

Same here in the netherlands, i see the trouble in germany and the czeck republic (sp?) while over here the weather has been the best in years. Lots of sun with nightly rain. No troubles. But seeing how we are at the mouth of every big river in europe i guess we will have trouble yet.

hehe im also in the netherlands i just cant sleep because its hot here lol

and i also cant imagine that there is so much flood in Czech Republic and in Germany.

Unbelivable. Back in 1995 I had my medical exam for the Army in Dresden (I failed tounge.gif ) and was using the very Railway Station that recently became part of the river. Looking at those pictures is so Twilight Zone. I can't really believe it.

where is Dresden?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 16 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where is Dresden?<span id='postcolor'>

Germany.GIF

Old map, but Dresden is still (hopefully) in the same place.

Ok, now I've been closing threads about the flooding saying that they should use this one. Now since you have polluted this one with off-topic spam I have deleted all non-relevant messages.

Deleteing posts manually is a tedious task. Please keep to the topic.

Very old map indeed, Czechoslovakia isn't anymore (and not due to flooding wink.gif and Karl-Marx-Stadt is Chemnitz again (as before the DDR).

btw: It is not only parts of Europe flooded. In China died more then hundred the last days...

BIS, i really feel for you on this one if some of you have gotten your houses (partially) submerged. My dad lives in the philippines and once when i was wisiting there, there was a bad flood (well it always floods there but worse than usual i think) and the house got like 1,5m of water inside the house... cleaning up in the house afterwards was a bitch.. mud everywhere... wich i am sure the people of BIS know by now...

Holly cow, this flood isnt stoping. The water level still rises. Most of Dresden is under water. Great dikes all broke. Most connecting bridges are gone with the water. And now since the dikes are gone several cities are waiting for the water. It is incredible!  sad.gif

That picture below was yesterday before the dikes broke. Now guess what it looks like today

0,1020,204650,00.jpg

0,1020,204636,00.jpg

HBJMA0rErYX.jpg

(just a thought...)

Has anybody read "slaughterhouse 5" (a book by Kurt Vonnegut), it gives a wonderfull description of Dresden before it was annihilated in WWII.

First it is bombed......now it is flooded.....

A beautiful city destroyed by man......and now by nature?

Wait, what is coming there around my house? Whats that noise?

HBTHAjjiQS_.jpg

Damn, I got to get away from here! Get the car key, run outside but..damn!!

HBSGAFiN_S_.jpg

Well then I have a look at the car-rental, Maybe I can get a car there go get out of town! Shit!!!

HBSIB0TWW2I.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Aug. 15 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 15 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I think everyone at BIS is pretty much ok, Suma would let us know if something really bad happened I'm sure.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, we are pretty much OK.<span id='postcolor'>

Suma - I NEED CODES, and so does about 50 other people (for O2) I cant breathe. biggrin.gif

Has Nada came back from holiday?

I think this kind of flooding is a reminder that our Civilization too can be wiped out... maybe easier than prehistoric ones. wink.gif

I don't think the Danube and Elb are going to end civilisation! wink.gif I am impressed with how well people have coped with the catastrophy.

Remember were human! We'll destroy the sun before we let nature kill us off! If we can't have it no-one can!

Man vs Nature..... The road to victory!

smile.gif Ah the heady days of good Simpsons episodes.....

No, the thing that impresses me is how quickly water can grow. Just give it a little speed and it will collect and inhale sand and through that swell several times in size. What once started at the source is now several times as big, as strong, as destructive and harder to stop

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think the Danube and Elb are going to end civilisation! wink.gif I am impressed with how well people have coped with the catastrophy.<span id='postcolor'>

I said it's a reminder. Not that it's happening.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 17 2002,18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Aug. 15 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 15 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I think everyone at BIS is pretty much ok, Suma would let us know if something really bad happened I'm sure.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, we are pretty much OK.<span id='postcolor'>

Suma - I NEED CODES, and so does about 50 other people (for O2) I cant breathe. biggrin.gif

Has Nada came back from holiday?<span id='postcolor'>

i need codes 2 i cant breathe biggrin.gif