Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Hoping everyone at bis and in prague are ok

I here there's been bad flooding there and you know what happens to OFP soldiers when they're underwater. tounge.gif

depends on respawn type.

but if unpatched, it will go,

oh no, 2 is down

oh no, 2 is down

oh no, 2 is down

oh no, 2 is down

oh no, 2 is down

oh no, 2 is down

and i'm pretty sure they will seriously consider swimming after the flood.

i forgot one thing...they can do this..

<span style='color:green'>Alpha Green(SUMA): All, board boat.

(rest of BIS team): Roger.</span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alpha Green(SUMA): All, board boat.

(rest of BIS team): Roger.<span id='postcolor'>

Let's just hope that they have fixed the annoying "NEGATIVE!" bug then!

tounge.gif

"Can't get there!"

AAAAAARGGHHHHH!!!!! OF course you can bloody get there, you're standing right next to the friggin boat you moron!!!

(aah, memories)

Strange things are happening to the ikonboard database today. Several topics have disappeared.

Anyway, a short repeat of what I said earlier. The situation in Prague is bad sad.gif

From BBC:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Flood waters in the Czech capital, Prague, have surged towards new peak levels, with fears that river defences will be overwhelmed and the old city completely inundated.

Parts of the city's historic Mala Strana district are already submerged, and it is feared water levels could reach levels of 1.8 metres (six feet) in some residential areas in the next few hours.

Amid concerns that many people could be stranded without water and electricity, Prague's Mayor Igor Nemec has ordered up to 40,000 people to leave their homes.

However, many are unwilling and Czech Prime Minister Vladimir Spidla has authorised rescue teams to use reasonable force to remove those refusing to go.

The BBC's Ray Furlong in Prague says the situation is very confused, with no official confirmation of how many people have been evacuated.

Floods are causing havoc across central and western Europe, from Germany to Russia. A total of 71 people are known to have died.

<span id='postcolor'>

source

Suma said this morning that the floods have stopped BIS staff from going to work today. The BIS office is however safe since it is not on the ground floor and it is situated on a hill.

It's been only three weeks since I was in Prague. I had beautifull weather and enjoyed the fascinating city. It would be a crying shame some of that will be damaged/destroyed.

Same in Ceske Budejovice (Southern Bohemia). I was there too some weeks ago, and a few days ago I saw a picture of people swimming after tons of beer (from the Budweiser brewery.

From BBC:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

People have begun to breathe more easily in the Czech capital, Prague, as the Vltava river began to recede overnight without flooding the Old Town.

<span id='postcolor'>

well now OPF got boats and bridge....

just patch it it ll work smile.gif

these floods are just one part of the global weather chaos. i think mother nature just has enough of pollution caused by humans and wants to kill us all.

there were a lot of casualities in germany, too. sad.gif

but i'm glad that it's getting better now.

Man, the situation is getting worse, especially since this wave of sediments and water is rushing towards Dresden which is allready pretty much drowned. This morning they had to blow up five large ships that the waves had stolen and that become uncontrolable battering rams with enough power to burst through bridges and dikes.

0,1020,204356,00.jpg

Sorry to hear things there are bad there. sad.gif

Damn, I wish I could take some of that water off your hands, Its pretty freakin' dry over here in the NE of the USA. (drought emergency declared, water restrictions, etc...)

MJM

Why dont y'all send some of that weather over here? Down in my neck of the woods, are average rainfall is 12 inches, and we rarely even get that lately

Or here. The Sea of Galilee (Lake Kineret) is way below the red line and the aquifiers are close to depleted.

In fact, Europe can compete against Turkey, from where Israel is thinking about importing water on ships.

Then there's our great plan to tow an iceberg in up from the Antarctic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Aug. 15 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then there's our great plan to tow an iceberg in up from the Antarctic.<span id='postcolor'>

You've got to be kiddin wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 15 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Aug. 15 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then there's our great plan to tow an iceberg in up from the Antarctic.<span id='postcolor'>

You've got to be kiddin wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wasn't that in "Brewster's millions"? biggrin.gif

Well I think everyone at BIS is pretty much ok, Suma would let us know if something really bad happened I'm sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 15 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I think everyone at BIS is pretty much ok, Suma would let us know if something really bad happened I'm sure.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, we are pretty much OK.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Aug. 15 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 15 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I think everyone at BIS is pretty much ok,<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, we are pretty much OK.<span id='postcolor'>

Glad to hear it. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MJM0771 @ Aug. 15 2002,17:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now can we have some of your water? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Off course. Come an take it. Do not be late, as we are already sending most of it to Germany.

(I hope this joke will not offend anyone - situations seems to get worse and worse in Germany, especially in Dresden).

My neck of the woods hasn't gotten a real good rain since June or early July. Grrrrr mad.gif

fuckin water is on the wrong side of the globe. NW of the USA is burnin while the europeans are "taking a swim" sad.gif