Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

"Thank You" Card for Bohemia Interactive ArmA 3 Team (sign up and thank them)

Dear Bohemia Interactive ArmA 3 Team,

I'd like the thank you for all your hard work on this wonderful game..... you deserve a keg of beer for all that you've done :cheers: I am just tickled pink about Altis and the game-play....it is second-to-none (and it can only get better).

Considering all the trials and tribulations of the past couple of years (it has built character for your team), you've met 99% of my expectations for this game (and the tanks aren't even in game yet :p)....... everything from now on is just "Extra" goodies to enjoy (ACE 3, Mods, ACRE, New Maps, Campaign, Planes, Super Weapons, etc.). Again, thank you for all that you do. Keep up the GREAT work.

My hats off to you, gentlemen.

Signed: HighPlainzDrfter + everyone below :)

Edited by rehtus777

"Yo, G. Did you leave a vacuum cleaner on? I just heard a loud sucking noise."

Thank you so much for cutting the campaign from release and then having not one delay before getting it, but 3. Thank you so much for leaving it till barely a month before release before telling us. Thank you so much for using it as an opportunity to also remove a bunch of weapons and units. Thank you so much for producing the least amount of content seen in an Arma game ever. Thank you so much for half the vehicles being copy & pasted units. Thank you so much for leaving the implementation of such basic infantry combat fundamentals such as suppression and wounding to the consumers. Thank you so much for buildings that are the same barren, fps-sucking repetitive shells we saw in Arma 1.

Edited by Trent

Thank you so much for cutting the campaign from release and then having not one delay before getting it, but 3. Thank you so much for leaving it till barely a month before release before telling us. Thank you so much for using it as an opportunity to also remove a bunch of weapons and units. Thank you so much for producing the least amount of content seen in an Arma game ever. Thank you so much for half the vehicles being copy & pasted units. Thank you so much for leaving the implementation of such basic infantry combat fundamentals such as suppression and wounding to the consumers. Thank you so much for buildings that are the same barren, fps-sucking repetitive shells we saw in Arma 1.

+1 Signed.

Oh nice, you've got ten threads filled with complaints but just can't resist the urge to step in an appreciation thread and shit all over it. Nice job guys, well done. Most games out today cost me $50-60 and are utter garbage -while I've got hundreds of hours for an alpha/beta and now Altis which is pretty spankin. I'd say a big thanks is well deserved here :)

Despite the disappointments (which I believe were justified), I have to say I've had a lot of fun with this game. Definitely a major improvement over ArmA 2, despite all the complaining that BI couldn't turn this into VBS. Signed with nice fancy curly letters and all

Yes, I think BI studios has done a great job with this game so far and I'm glad to be part of it, the new UAVs are awesome as is the new flight model for the helicopters. There's still quite a bit of bugs to be ruled out and some optimizing for Altis it seems but, I'm sure BI will get all of them ruled out soon. This game is a great leap from ARMA 2 and has a promising future. Signed.

Signed.

Moderators, for what it's worth, I don't think this thread is about freedom of speech or whatever, it's a big thank you card.

I wouldn't complain for a second if you removed negative and sarcastic comments as they have no place in this particular thread.

Trent, looking at you about 7 posts back. Pointing straight at you.

Signed with the best handwriting I can produce :cool:

With all seriousness, thanks guys for a wonderful game. You have definitely made my last few months great, and I look forward to having years of great memories with A3.

You must be a young pup? ;) I turn 47 three days before full release. My first video game was "pong". I've watched the Video Genre from the start. Pong > Atari > Commodore > PC. One of my first loves for a video game was Flight Simulator. Here is what it looked like:

I thought I was in Seventh Heaven. That was great stuff, man. Check out all those polygons, rectangles, and squares lol

Over the decades, I have watched Video Games evolve. Let me tell you this...... ArmA 3 is revolutionary and just insane. Altis is magnificent. Just for the fun of it, go back to Doom (1990's) or Medal of Honor or Call of Duty (2002) and play those games for several hours......then come back to Altis and tell me what you think.

So, being that I was raised on Pong and Atari, the ArmA series is just fantastic. I hope you can appreciate what BIS has done for us.

HighPlainzDrfter

BTW.....no sucking noise here..... I know something good when I see it. Also, what would I gain from brown-nosing BIS? I don't work for them, I'm just telling them "Thanks for the hard work." :)

All these puppies...rehtus777 could've been my much younger brother...Pong was my first too. Couldn't run flight simulators on my TRS-80 rig ... but spent a lot of time with "Temple of Apshi". Talk about awesome graphics!

apshai1.png

Signed. :D

Thank you very much, Bohemia Interactive Arma 3 Team for all the hard work ...and warm regards from the Philippines! :cool:

I got my $32 worth a long time ago, you won't hear very many complaints out of me :D

Arma 3 is a nice breath of fresh air in a gaming world that seems to be increasingly dominated by shallow "Hollywood movie wannabes" that are all flash and no substance.

...and as someone who actually does a bit of 3D modelling in my spare time I have no difficulty at all understanding why models tend to get reused from time to time, especially in an environment the size of Altis.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a single player campaign on launch day either, the mission editor is the heart and soul of Arma in my personal opinion, and it's been there since day one.

Signed.

And I have this strange feeling of shame for paying as little as under 20 euros for the game.

It has been worth every cent and a lot more.

You must be a young pup? ;) I turn 47 three days before full release. My first video game was "pong". I've watched the Video Genre from the start. Pong > Atari > Commodore > PC. One of my first loves for a video game was Flight Simulator. Here is what it looked like:

I thought I was in Seventh Heaven. That was great stuff, man. Check out all those polygons, rectangles, and squares lol

Over the decades, I have watched Video Games evolve. Let me tell you this...... ArmA 3 is revolutionary and just insane. Altis is magnificent. Just for the fun of it, go back to Doom (1990's) or Medal of Honor or Call of Duty (2002) and play those games for several hours......then come back to Altis and tell me what you think.

So, being that I was raised on Pong and Atari, the ArmA series is just fantastic. I hope you can appreciate what BIS has done for us.

HighPlainzDrfter

BTW.....no sucking noise here..... I know something good when I see it. Also, what would I gain from brown-nosing BIS? I don't work for them, I'm just telling them "Thanks for the hard work." :)

Hopefully games jump to full on virtual reality in my life time! But on topic Arma 3 is one of a kind, no game can compete with Arma!

Signed.

And I have this strange feeling of shame for paying as little as under 20 euros for the game.

It has been worth every cent and a lot more.

I feel exactly the same! Also signed.