Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

TrackIR Profiles?

I just took my TrackIR 5 out of the box after a couple of months. I'd been having nightmares with the TrackClip Pro and finally decided to try out the original TrackClip which I'd never used. Its SOO much better. Sure it might not be as sensitive but putting on a cap instead of clipping on the flimsy bloody Track Clip Pro that keeps breaking (i had to send one back for replacement) and all the wires is such a hassle. Now with the TrackClip I'm going to use TrackIR WAY more... just need to find a good profile.

Anyone got one for A3 they care to share? I find with Altis being so huge and flat I look around a lot so want something with a small deadzone and not too much acceleration. One:One is not enough for me but the default Profile is way too much.

Cheers!

I personally took the time to tweak every axis to fit my movements, based on years of playing ArmA and using TrackIR 4 and TrackIR 5. The best would be to find your pitch and yaw limits that fit your movement, like you mentioned you look around a lot. You can talk to 10 TrackIR users and they will all give you different ways of configuring it, based on their own body movements. Tweaking the settings for the way you move your head in relations to the ratio is something you're going to have to experiment with until you find a setting that you like.

Indeed, don't bother with using someone else's profile. It will never "fit" you properly.

sproyd,

one or two profiles can be found on the official Track-IR forum. There are also some nteresting youtube tutorials on the subject. If you don't find them, I'll post a proper link when I'm home from work.

RoyTF91 is right in saying that it makes sense to make your own profile but it would be very helpful if experienced users commented why they decided to make a profile in this way or another. For example: Have you configured all 6 degrees of freedom or are some deactivated? If so, why? Do you use mirrored curves where left and right movements are identical or do you have asymmetrical curves? If so, why? Do you prefer a slow or a fast profile, etc, etc. Such info from experienced players would give new users a starting point for their own efforts.

i run a modifed version of dysliexs. i turned off the lean axis and made the dead zone fairly large and the ratio of real to ingame quite flat

it makes sense as a point to start and to see what other people do.. why not.. I also got inspired by dyslecxi and another guy..

just do what you want OP.. i linked my profile. its good.

one thing: map center and deactivate on mouse keys ! important sometimes to center if your cap moves..

I hate showing how inept I am when it comes to all matters computing, but here goes:

I have set my TrackIR to default to a profile wherein I've set the various hotkeys (centre, pause, precision and profile) to keys other than the original F12, 7, 8 and 9). However, in game, I cannot use my F7, F9 or F12 keys to make team selections; they seem to have gone back to being TrackIR functions. I've checked that I've put a tick in the Hotkeys 'enable' box against my new selections (the LWin, Media Select, Next Track and Prev Track buttons on my keyboard) - what am I missing? Is there anyone out there kind and patient enough to help an old git work out where he's going rwong, please?

I hate showing how inept I am when it comes to all matters computing, but here goes:

I have set my TrackIR to default to a profile wherein I've set the various hotkeys (centre, pause, precision and profile) to keys other than the original F12, 7, 8 and 9). However, in game, I cannot use my F7, F9 or F12 keys to make team selections; they seem to have gone back to being TrackIR functions. I've checked that I've put a tick in the Hotkeys 'enable' box against my new selections (the LWin, Media Select, Next Track and Prev Track buttons on my keyboard) - what am I missing? Is there anyone out there kind and patient enough to help an old git work out where he's going rwong, please?

If that profile has a name, then go to the Titles tab in the TrackIR application and set the ArmA3 game to use that profile. Otherwise it (ArmA3) will continue to use the Default profile.

I'm obliged to you, DMarkwick - I thought that so long as I'd started the game with TrackIR set to my alternative profile then that was what Arma3 would use, but you're absolutely correct. You've save me a lot of time and bewilderment - thank you.

When I sit in cocpit my head sits high and my zoom is inverted in arma. I move my head forward and the view widens. ?