kdk11

Making units sit on the skids

Hello does anyone know how if possible to make units sit on the skids of a little bird? for example I have 4 units being heli lifted into mission, but 2 sit in back and 2 sit on the skids, I want them all sitting on the skids and none in the back of the heli

thanks mate do you know the index for the 2 back seats on the little bird?

Don't remember man, just try it in single player editor and you'll find out quickly enough :)

My guess is that the lower indices are the ones for the inside seats, and I don't remember but I think lowest index is 0.

thanks mate do you know the index for the 2 back seats on the little bird?

0 and 1 are the cargoIndex for the backseats of the Hummingbird.

In Multiplayer how do you get your unit to sit on the skids even though the back seats are empty?

How do you get my two groups alpha and bravo, to sit on the skids if I am using this to get them in the heli in the first place?

alpha=group this; {_x moveInCargo h2} forEach units alpha; 
bravo=group this; {_x moveInCargo h3} forEach units bravo;

Do I NEED to define that, or does it not matter, I can just define the sitting position instead? My only concern is how do I still define them as a groups, Alpha and Bravo and still have all four units from the two groups on the skids. My heli insert looks abit crap with 2 guys sitting in the back and just two guys on the skids of each heli.

alpha = group this;
{
    _x moveInCargo [ h2, _forEachIndex + 2 ]
} forEach units alpha;
Cargo index 0 and 1 are the backseats. 2,3,4,5 are the benches.
  • Like 1

thanks bud! I'll give it a try later. I had a feeling I would have to define it in there somewhere, but I'm useless at coding. thanks.