Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW CIVS: ambient civilians and traffic for Arma 3

Noob Alert!:31:

Can someone tell me what this requires me to do "Copy @TPW_CIVS\userconfig\TPW_CIVS\TPW_CIVS.hpp to your userconfig\TPW_CIVS\TPW_CIVS.hpp."

Is this for editing purposes? I am unable to get this addon to work at the moment. I had no problem with the script version.

Thanks.

There should be a directory called "userconfig" in your Arma 3 root (if there isn't, you can create it yourself). So just copy the mentioned file there with the correct directory structure.

Edit: or you know, just drag'n'drop the userconfig folder in @TPW_CIVS to your Arma 3 root.

There should be a directory called "userconfig" in your Arma 3 root (if there isn't, you can create it yourself). So just copy the mentioned file there with the correct directory structure.

Edit: or you know, just drag'n'drop the userconfig folder in @TPW_CIVS to your Arma 3 root.

AH! I see the light now, couldn't see the wood for the trees, Thanks Dude:pc:

All of tpw's mods look great and I would love to use them, but I always get this error message when I install one:

http://i.imgur.com/FwmzyGs.png

When in fact I have confirmed that the HPP file is indeed there-

http://i.imgur.com/pfI4W58.png

It always says the HPP file couldn't be found, regardless of which of tpw's mods is installed.

I am fairly experienced at installing mods and use others without any issues, including CBA, and various FHQ mods.

I would appreciate any help

All of tpw's mods look great and I would love to use them, but I always get this error message when I install one:

http://i.imgur.com/FwmzyGs.png

When in fact I have confirmed that the HPP file is indeed there-

http://i.imgur.com/pfI4W58.png

It always says the HPP file couldn't be found, regardless of which of tpw's mods is installed.

I am fairly experienced at installing mods and use others without any issues, including CBA, and various FHQ mods.

I would appreciate any help

The userconfig folder has to be in the game's root folder, not in the mod's folder. i.e.:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_CIVS\TPW_CIVS.hpp

Great work!

Have anyone tried the addon on a dedicated server and if so, how did you set it up? Do both server and client need to run the addon?

Great work!

Have anyone tried the addon on a dedicated server and if so, how did you set it up? Do both server and client need to run the addon?

It won't work Watarimono, the mod is set to exit if it detects that it's on a dedi. Please wait and I will eventually have a dedi solution.

game freezes at traffic sxrip creation. Civilian population script seems working, but when the game starts to load traffic script it freezes. Latest dev version + latest CBA.

game freezes at traffic sxrip creation. Civilian population script seems working, but when the game starts to load traffic script it freezes. Latest dev version + latest CBA.

SP or MP? It's running fine in SP AFAICT

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Could you add a module to the addonversion, so the script only works when the module is on the map?

Not seen any freezes at all in MP with the addon version. In fact you hardly know it's running !

Everyone, for the sake of my sanity when you're reporting bugs etc can you please tell me:

Arma3 version

Version of my mod

Script or addon version

Running on SP, MP or dedi

Thanks all.

Hello tpw!

Im loving this addon, it really adds a whole new level of athmosphere to the game.

I accidentally had this addon loaded while playing a planned op with my community last night and it ended up much to the mission makers surprise to spawn civilians driving around in our night mission which was great and all but may I suggest adding an isServer check? It should return true for SP players as well and then it wont interfere if you just join somebody elses server.

Or make it an optional check via the userconfig :-) My community seemed to appreciate the surprise.. heh.

EDIT: Oh and I was using your 1.01 version so I dont know if you added this check to 1.02? im downloading it now.

Everyone, for the sake of my sanity when you're reporting bugs etc can you please tell me:

Arma3 version

Version of my mod

Script or addon version

Running on SP, MP or dedi

Thanks all.

tpw - I'd suggest putting that information into the first post, as this will eventually get lost as the thread continues.

Damn! The script is no longer working for me (I didn't alter anything, I swear! LOL!).

I place the scripts in my mission folder (the most recent ones downloaded from the link a page or so back), add 0 = [200,15,10] execVM "tpw_civs.sqf"; and

0 = [200,15,10] execVM "tpw_cars.sqf"; to my soldier's "init", and no civilians, no cars. I drive around for awhile, but it's a ghost town. It worked fine for me the day prior! Only other mod I'm using is JSRS, but I had that installed before I ever tried this script.

Arma3 version - Dev

Version of my mod - 1.2

Script or addon version - script

Running on SP, MP or dedi - SP

Damn! The script is no longer working for me (I didn't alter anything, I swear! LOL!).

I place the scripts in my mission folder (the most recent ones downloaded from the link a page or so back), add 0 = [200,15,10] execVM "tpw_civs.sqf"; and

0 = [200,15,10] execVM "tpw_cars.sqf"; to my soldier's "init", and no civilians, no cars. I drive around for awhile, but it's a ghost town. It worked fine for me the day prior! Only other mod I'm using is JSRS, but I had that installed before I ever tried this script.

Arma3 version - Dev

Version of my mod - 1.2

Script or addon version - script

Running on SP, MP or dedi - SP

No biggie, just need to start it thusly:

CIVS - Call it with 0 = [1,5,150,15,10] execvm "tpw_civ.sqf"; where 1 = start hint, 5 = start delay,150 = radius, 5 = number of waypoints, 10 = how many houses per civilian

CARS- Call it with 0 = [1,5,1000,15,2] execvm "tpw_cars.sqf"; where 1= start hint, 5 = start delay, 1000 = radius, 15 = number of waypoints, 2 = max cars

Let me know if you are still having issues

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

tpw - I'd suggest putting that information into the first post, as this will eventually get lost as the thread continues.

Good thinking 99

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

TPW CIVS v1.03: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_CIVS_103.zip

Changes:

• Improved civ and car line of sight conditions for removal.
  • "Stuck" cars not visible to player are removed.
  • Misc code fixes.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

i cant wait to run this on my dedicated server. hope you can manage to get it dedicated ready. keep up the good work

TPW:

Apologies for getting back so late. I cannot figure out why it has stopped working all of a sudden...

Its not throwing out any errors :/

(The headgear that is)

But it worked in a mock up mission I made about a month ago...

Forgive me, i'll try and figure it out. Glad the changing of clothes work though.

This is great TPW. Hats off seriously!

Is there a way to increase highway traffic (The orange roads on the map)? My mission involves a night drive between the 2 main towns on altis. While testing with the cars up to 50 I saw perhaps 3 in a 30km drive.

This is great TPW. Hats off seriously!

Is there a way to increase highway traffic (The orange roads on the map)? My mission involves a night drive between the 2 main towns on altis. While testing with the cars up to 50 I saw perhaps 3 in a 30km drive.

You've basically identified one of the peculiarities of the system Magicpanda: the less moving you do the more cars you'll see. That's because cars won't spawn less than 250m to you, and if you are in a rapidly moving vehicle or chopper, you'll often move out of range and the car will despawn before you get a chance to see it. I can try to make vehicles favour certain classes of road, but can't promise anything.