Sign in to follow this  
RushHour

A.I. Supermen

Is there any (simple) way to reduce the superman feel of A.I. ?

Sometimes you can shoot them twice in the head, not helmet. A couple in the body and they are still standing as if you just tickled them instead.

It´s not an aim problem either, i´m standing 1 meter from the guy and pinpoint shots on him.

You probably shot him in the helmet or shoulder. Your sights are as much as 2.5 inches about the line of the barrel, you know.

You probably shot him in the helmet or shoulder. Your sights are as much as 2.5 inches about the line of the barrel, you know.

As i said, i´m standing one meter from him. I can see the shots hitting his neck or straight into his face.

Then on top of that a couple of rounds in the stomach, legs etc. Still going strong.

It´s extremely unrealistic.

Shockingly bad AI..:butbut:
Yeah well, I was trying to show off TPW FALL rather than struggle against the AI. :D

Yay!

Is there any (simple) way to reduce the superman feel of A.I. ?

Sometimes you can shoot them twice in the head, not helmet. A couple in the body and they are still standing as if you just tickled them instead.

It´s not an aim problem either, i´m standing 1 meter from the guy and pinpoint shots on him.

Too make any headshot an instant kill and damage more realistic. Do this on the main menu: CONFIGURE -> GAME -> DIFFICULTY -> Extended Armor -> Disabled.

It's enabled by default for some reason.

Yeah well, I was trying to show off TPW FALL rather than struggle against the AI. :D

Yay!

Your video and tpw fall was good.

It’s the AI being on another planet that’s shocking..;)

Ok thanks Pro, i´ll have a look at that. I must have that on i think, sometimes it feels like a bb-gun

Nice vid Gliptal, i can see the point you are making but it also showed the supernatural behavior of A.I. :)

I like the concept very much though!

And yes, the A.I. seems to have the intelligence of a rock.

Ok thanks Pro, i´ll have a look at that. I must have that on i think, sometimes it feels like a bb-gun

Nice vid Gliptal, i can see the point you are making but it also showed the supernatural behavior of A.I. :)

I like the concept very much though!

And yes, the A.I. seems to have the intelligence of a rock.

There are lots of default setting that are not apparently obvious which can cause the user problems.

tpw fall adds a shipload of feedback to your shots. pretty damn good

The vid is also using TPW EBS, that adds a suppression simulation (I guess that's why the AI at the end couldn't hit me, I unloaded on him while closing and he got suprpesed), and WW AI Cover, that forces the AI to find real cover rather than stand in open ground and unload on you. I really suggest you give a look to all these Mods because they really enhance gameplay.

Yay!