Sign in to follow this  
Recardio

USMC Pilot Replacement

I have been working on a replacement config file for the default USMC Pilot Units for the 15th MEU(SOC). I am happy to report that it is complete. It uses Meatball0311's Marine Naval Aviator addon, and it is completely clientside.

Fighter Pilot Style Config:

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/1940/ow04.jpg (316 kB)

Helicopter Pilot Style Config:

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/4909/2viw.jpg (300 kB)

Dependency:

Meatball0311's Marine Naval Aviator

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15412

Replacer Download:

USMC Pilot Replacers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcvp8xrh8nbrv7x/USMC%20Pilot%20Replacers%201.1A.zip

Please note that these are for ArmA 2.

INSTALLATION :

The download includes a mod folder for each configuration. Copy the mar_pilot.pbo and the mar_pilot.pbo.MAR.bisign from the dependency into both mod folders and activate only one at a time using ArmA 2 Launcher or your preferred launch method.

Copy of readme:

USMC Pilot Replacer made by R. "Dory" Tyler[15th MEU(SOC)](Recardio) and Meatball0311

Version : 1.1A

Release Date :10/14/2013

======================

CONTACT INFORMATION :

======================

Feel free to contact me on the BI Studio forums. My username on there is Recardio.

======================

REQUIRED ADDONS:

======================

Meatball0311's Marine Naval Aviator

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15412

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

I have been working on a replacement config file for pilots for the 15th MEU(SOC). This replaces the default BIS USMC Pilot with Either one of Meatball0311's Great pilot models. You have the choice of the Fighter Pilot or the Helicopter Pilot.

==============================

CONTENT/FEATURES/CHANGES/BUGS :

@USMC_Jet_Pilot_Replacer

Addons

usmc_jet_pilots_rep.pbo

@USMC_Helo_Pilot_Replacer

Addons

usmc_helo_pilots_rep.pbo

CHANGELOG/BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES:

There is a bug when you go into the editor about missing class: us navy something or other. I am not sure on how to fix this at this time.

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

Seeing as this is a replacement pack, it uses the default ArmA 2 Pilot Classlist.

USMC_Soldier_Pilot

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

The download includes a mod folder for each configuration. Copy the mar_pilot.pbo and the mar_pilot.pbo.MAR.bisign file into both mod folders and activate only one at a time using ArmA 2 Launcher or your preferred launch method.

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

Meatball0311 for his great Marine Naval Aviator Mod

BIS for the amazing Armed Assault Series

[CPL] Oat [15th MEU (SOC)] for reading over the Config file verifying that it looks correct.

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

======================

CHANGE LOG :

======================

1.1A - Fixed missing class Ace_sys_ruck error when running ArmA 2 without ACE

1.0A - Initial Version

Edited by Recardio
Updated to 1.1A

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you I can use this. Hey, do you know if meatball or you are working on a way to get this in arma 3? These pilots and crew are my favorite. I hate using the standard ones and would hate to see this end here.

Really nice !

Do you think the usmc_helo_pilots_rep.pbo could replace the helicopter pilot by the helicopter pilot style config in a future update ?

Right now both jet and helico pilots are replaced by the fighter pilot style config if I use both usmc_jet_pilots_rep.pbo and usmc_helo_pilots_rep.pbo.

I specifically say to only use one at a time, due to the fact that they overlap. Also, there is only one USMC Pilot Unit in the A2 Base game. If there wasn't, I would have used the Pilot(Light) as the Helicopter Pilot, and the standard Pilot as the Jet one. This is meant to be a replacer only, which means that with only one unit to replace, you have to make a choice. For me, If I am going to be flying fixed wing, I use the Jet style Replacer, and if I am going to be flying a Helicopter, I use the Helicopter Pilot style one.

Thanks a lot for sending us the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!