Sign in to follow this  
Redphoenix

Remington 870MCS

To practise working with UV Editor, Oxygen and coding configs, I started adding the Remington 870MCS

The model is a free one on turbosquid, made by commander566.

I started the work about an hour ago, and this is how far I have come until now.

arma32013-08-2811-13-rusq9.jpg

arma32013-08-2811-14-sssza.jpg

It isn't in the right scale, neither position. Hand position and animations are still vanilla. But its looking good so far.

Yeah, I could model one. But I'm having trouble setting up the LODs, since I am a total noob in O2.

you should download the arma 1 sample models from armaholic. those include basically working examples for weapons. you might have to change some stuff for arma 3 but the basic set up should be the same. and also check this out

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20601

and this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139652-Tutorial-Creating-Custom-Weapon-Animations

aaaand this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149341-Arma-3-weapons-config-guidelines

good luck!

Yeah, I could model one. But I'm having trouble setting up the LODs, since I am a total noob in O2.

As alternative..you can prepare each LOD in your *most familiar 3D creation program before you import the model into O2.

I don't know..O2 as i experienced is a toy for masochists compared with other programs.

Just focus in what you are doing so you 'll not get confused on what-goes-where.

Edited by GiorgyGR

As alternative..you can prepare each LOD in your *most familiar 3D creation program before you import the model into O2.

I don't know..O2 as i experienced is a toy for masochists compared with other programs.

Just focus in what you are doing so you 'll not get confused on what-goes-where.

I had some kind of "theory lesson" about LODs yesterday, so thats not a problem anymore. I am focusing now on making a UV Map, but thats the next big problem.....

After setting up all the LODs an Points in the Memory LOD, I fiddeled around for about an hour trying to get the proxies into the right positions... And now, it works!

Still needs some tweaking, but it does look great. Later I'm going to model the front grip I can use. Shouldn't be hard.

2013-08-30_0000114sws.jpg

But I actually am having big trouble unwrapping the shotgun into a decent UV map. O2 UV Editor lets me down, so I'll try Blender.

Used the whole day making animations. And always this happens. Arghhhhhh.....

arma32013-08-3023-07-b6zyt.jpg

Okay thanks, gonna try it. But Binpbo won't work properly for me.... Gotta have to look for a workaround.

Okay thanks, gonna try it. But Binpbo won't work properly for me.... Gotta have to look for a workaround.

It's what I use. I'm not an expert on what tools are at our disposal, but I'm sure there's others.

I made a small videos. Just to show How far I came.

Thanks do Bad Benson, Mikero and Lord Jarhead for the perfect sounds!

I have to check a critical error. And if I fixed them, I will release an Alpha.

Cheers