Sign in to follow this  
NeoPixie

Script course game to crash ONLY on altis..

Using nearObjects and nearestObjects with no problems here. Has anyone actually submitted a repro to the devs yet?

the only problem creating a repo is that not everyone is having the issue. like I said in my prev post, if I give my script to another friend he can run it with no issue like yourself and many others. but I have not tried to join him if he attempts to run it in MP yet. haven't had enough time to do that kind of testing yet. its just really strange that some are having the issue and others are not, and until they changed the memory option for the win 32bit users a few dev builds back I could load my script in altis but it took like 5-15 min to load. but I could play after that and see that the script did run. but after yesterdays update it just locks up and task manager says arma 3 is not responding.

nearObjects with large distances (several kilometers) seems to take a long time on Altis. On Stratis (as well as Chernarus/Takistan/Zargabad/Duala/Lingor back in OA) it was much faster.

the only problem creating a repo is that not everyone is having the issue. like I said in my prev post, if I give my script to another friend he can run it with no issue like yourself and many others. but I have not tried to join him if he attempts to run it in MP yet. haven't had enough time to do that kind of testing yet. its just really strange that some are having the issue and others are not, and until they changed the memory option for the win 32bit users a few dev builds back I could load my script in altis but it took like 5-15 min to load. but I could play after that and see that the script did run. but after yesterdays update it just locks up and task manager says arma 3 is not responding.

Exactly. Since this is completely random, its kind of useless to submit a repro mission since the effect isn't instant, the devs would need to run the mission over and over until it crashed to try to find what crashed it... I'm sure if everybody here ran the same mission they tested with and ran it 20 more times, it would probably crash the game at one point.

Also, we're not using nearObjects to look for stuff over 5 billion kilometers away. We're looking for objects that are within 5 meters. Its not measured in kilometers... its measured in meters... ^^

Anyway, I wounder if i run the nearobjects command inside a loop it will crash the game at one point... or if its just at the mission start it crashes...

Edited by austin_medic

Ours can run from 5 minutes to 10 minutes before it folds completely, it seems the more that JIP the more likely and sooner your going to have a crash.

Guessing simply by the amount of scripts that are running to calculate it at the time that its draining what resources it has spare, as a new person joins its then running it all again and has nothing left to give:(

Some people are experiencing lock ups from trying to create repros too and others arent.. very odd

Strange... Some people crash instantly while others are able to run it for a while before the whole system locks up... Others dont even have the bug... REALLY ODD is more like it...

I got the problem in my scripts solved! :) Seems like I still had nearestBuilding in two of my patrol scripts (patrol-vF & patrol-vG)... I replaced it with my function which uses nearestObjects and now it all works again! :)

I got the problem in my scripts solved! :) Seems like I still had nearestBuilding in two of my patrol scripts (patrol-vF & patrol-vG)... I replaced it with my function which uses nearestObjects and now it all works again! :)

Hmm, I am not even using nearestBuilding (as I think are most in this thread), only nearestObjects , so that won't help me.

hm... interesting how for some people apparently nearestBuilding is messed up for some people and for others nearestobjects is messed up? Thats VERY VERY VERY strange............

still haven't seen a dev post here... has anybody made a ticket for this problem yet on the feedback tracker? I think this really needs to be acknowledged before this game releases...

also nearestLocation coursed my game to freeze for a couple minutes, sometimes completely crashing it to desktop.

Might be just a bug, might worth opening one in the feedback tracker. In other large islands (like Chernarus and Takistan) there was no problem using it with a very large radius (10-20km) and it would only take a few seconds at the worst.

i get instant freezing and complete game lock up when ANY script that uses ANY nearest commands.... All my patrol scripts , even CBA fnc_findnearest causes the game to freeze and lock up completely...

everyone of these scripts work fine on all other maps.... Just Not Altis.... So the only logical conclusion is that there is something amiss with Altis... .......

I can confirm that I have this issue as well. nearRoads also seems to have a fairly negative impact on performance.

Can confirm the latest beta build still causes the crash with nearestObjects

Still happening, I made a ticket for it.

edit: there is already one open, see shinkickers post below.

Edited by blackjacktom