Sign in to follow this  
doln

Crash to desktop for all players in server upon starting mission, JIP works fine

Just gonna copy paste this from the CIT issue I created

--

I've yet to see people complain about this and I can't identify the reproducible-ness because it seems to be random, although it does happen about 95% of the time

Basically, starting a multiplayer game the normal way (open the lobby, wait for everyone to join and pick their slots, start the game) results in everyone, even the host, crashing the desktop. Launching the mission with just the host having picked a slot, and having everyone else join in progress, works fine.

The only time I have not has this problem was a mission where the only units on the map were rangemasters and empty offroads. Perhaps it is tied to coop?

--

Repro:

Start a multiplayer server/mission.

Have everyone join and pick a slot.

Start the mission.

Enjoy the crash.

--

Start a multiplayer server

Only have the host pick a slot

start the mission

now have everyone join while the mission is running and the host is in-engine

it will work fine

--

This is on the dev build and completely unmodded.

Tracker link here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13407

Would be top notch if this could be fixed asap <3

Hmm this certainly sounds like problems we've been having lately. I'll try the repro.

I have been getting this too. It was in a test mission that I am using to mess about with AI flown Greyhawks. It had a couple of blufor units, some opfor vehicles with fuel removed and a radio trigger to spawn the UAV

I have been getting this too. It was in a test mission that I am using to mess about with AI flown Greyhawks. It had a couple of blufor units, some opfor vehicles with fuel removed and a radio trigger to spawn the UAV

We had this issues as well, i wonder if its possible to test if there a certain side that causing the problem

Would be interesting to see a mission with only blufor/opfor/indy would also crash?

Let A.I. stay, do not remove them before entering the server.

I have tried on three different computers, it will crash everytime if you remove A.I.

(DEV build Altis)

Let A.I. stay, do not remove them before entering the server.

I have tried on three different computers, it will crash everytime if you remove A.I.

(DEV build Altis)

This does not fix the issue.

Could we please get a dev to respond to this? This is a major bug.

What we are doing with this problem, it's letting first the admin to completly launch the mission and then the other players are joining it.

It's still crashing even whit this but at least, only one person has to restart his game...

That's what I have been doing to, but it is an interim fix

Been getting this crash too. The host and I both crash after the briefing screen. We were able to play yesterday if I JIP'ed, but not otherwise.

On dev branch I crash within minute of joining an MP match and spawning on the ground.

We experience the same problem with one difference, the admin (me) doesn't get a CTD but everyone else.

We also disabled the AI in certain missions, but I can't say it's directly related. Will test ASAP.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Getting the same thing, experienced it last night. JIP worked , also gonna try leaving the AI too & test.

MadDogX was so kind to change the tickets priority and severity to some sufficient values. Hopefully this will accelerate the fixing process.

Has anybody some more crashdumps? I will attach some this evening.

we're aware of this issue, i received numbers (dozens) crash reports on it too ...

Glad it's a known issue. We suffered through this last night. Hard to introduce eager new players when they keep crashing. Heh

Glad it's a known issue. We suffered through this last night. Hard to introduce eager new players when they keep crashing. Heh

Workaround: Only admin takes a slots, starts the mission and after briefing everybody picks a slot.