Sign in to follow this  
yanquis

what's the reason for the FPS tank around villages?

i was cruising around altis in a strider with smooth fps until i hit a village (not a city) & immediately my fps very noticeably tanked. are there any tricks to fix this or is it just part of arma 3? would an SSD fix this?

Ironically enough, I don't get any major FPS drops from cities or high render distance, yet my FPS drops to 10-15 when I look at water. Oh, Arma 3...

Object culling may be related to it?

On this: I noticed more than ever that many objects dissapear even when they are not yet totally out of the screen, from simple objects like flag poles to whole buildings.

I've noticed that a lot of bushes seem to be transparent until you get very very close to them. Not sure if that's the same thing or not.

Interestingly I flew to the large Town (Kavala?) and I was getting a solid 30-40 fps on ultra setting with a visibility of 4000 and object at 3000. When I flew over to the west of the island there was a small village that when I looked at it destroyed my frame rate. I never thought to look at what it was called. The next time I decide to have a play with Arma i'll go and have a look. OP I'm running A3 on an SSD and I can say it has helped me quite a lot frame rate wise but some places just kill my machine.