Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Will old scopes/optics come back ?

Hello everyone

On one old gamescom video of arma 3 - there were old scopes which would be nice to see them in final version

if you are wondering which ones - i mean these ones http://info.gamenhalen.com/wp-content/gallery/arma-3-object/arma3_weapon_customization.jpg

so am asking if those old scopes come back? - yes we already have some of them like SOS , aco and arco TAN - black arco wouldnt be bad to have like you can see it on the pic with old cows name

Nightstalker , NVS , TWS and others - also the special DCL-120 which can be seen on UI pics

Edited by RobertHammer

I hope the black ones are back in, nothing tortures my OCD like a tan scope on a black gun.

Hopefully like the NVGs where each faction gets their own colour varient.

There was a tweet from a dev long ago (in the Alpha phase) that was "complaining" (config work?) about the great number of scopes.

Would be nice to know what they have on attachments, at least a number. Might compensate for the lack of weapons (on release).

We should be seeing the IR/Thermal scopes and NVG scopes in release I would think.

I doubt that. They've switched to 3D scopes but you can't get the NVGs to only be in the scope view the way they are doing it.

So they could go back to full screen scopes but then it wouldn't match the other scopes style.

I'm happy with NVGs + RCO for NVG scopes and rangefinder for thermal. TI scopes were always crap in A2

I doubt that. They've switched to 3D scopes but you can't get the NVGs to only be in the scope view the way they are doing it.

So they could go back to full screen scopes but then it wouldn't match the other scopes style.

I'm happy with NVGs + RCO for NVG scopes and rangefinder for thermal. TI scopes were always crap in A2

I wouldn't say they were bad or something because they work the same as vehicle's TI

also we got SOS which uses 2D scope so there isnt a problem with "other" 3D zoom scopes

Good news is that in arma 3 site - there you can see Katiba with NightStalker :)

Most NV and TI scopes require you to press your eye into a rubber eyepiece cup before you can look through the scope anyway (they have a shutter that only opens when you push the eyecup). So not having 3D scopes and peripheral vision for them will be fine (like the PCML+RPG's NV sight).

Ahh, never use the SOS since the RCO is so pretty didn't remember it was 2D. heh By all means, bring on the nighty scopes!

There was a tweet from a dev long ago (in the Alpha phase) that was "complaining" (config work?) about the great number of scopes.

Would be nice to know what they have on attachments, at least a number. Might compensate for the lack of weapons (on release).

Because of their silly attachments system? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766

There were -tons- of scope UI pics at the start of the alpha. There were at least two more ARCO type sights, TI, NV sights, and at least four more red dot sights including a trijicon SRS and a docter sight, as well as UI pics for an arrowhead style ACOG sight.

Besides scopes, any other types of attachments?

That ticket is so old that I doubt they will do something about it with the current system, sadly, as the suggested system make much more sense and even more for a mod driven game.

Anyway, might be a cornerstone on the replacement system that will feature working bipods, GL as actual weapons\attachments, support for tactical reload and all that. I am being too optimistic? :D

did i hear anywhere, TI NVG's will come to arma 3? I guess that would drop a need in thermal scopes.

[size=2][font=arial]"muzzle_mzls_H","muzzle_mzls_L","muzzle_mzls_B","muzzle_mzls_smg_01","muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_H_MG",

"[b]optic_COWS[/b]","optic_Arco","optic_Hamr","[b]optic_ACOG[/b]","optic_Aco","optic_ACO_grn","[b]optic_srs[/b]","optic_Holosight","[b]optic_dcl[/b]","[b]optic_NVS[/b]",

"[b]optic_Nightstalker[/b]","optic_SOS","optic_MRCO","[b]optic_marksman[/b]","[b]optic_tws[/b]","[b]optic_tws_mg[/b]",[b]"optic_tws_sniper[/b]",

"acc_flashlight","[b]acc_flashlight_IR[/b]","acc_pointer_IR","[b]acc_pointer_GreenLaser[/b]"[/font][/size]

here is the list from weapon_f - those marked ones are the missing ones + pistol attachments

the interesting are these 2 - acc_flashlight_IR and acc_pointer_GreenLaser

acc_flashlight_IR - is a infrared flashlight

acc_pointer_GreenLaser - is most likely a visible green laser variant

Edited by RobertHammer

er...correct my ignorance here please, but i could've sworn there's a black ARCO...

[size=2][font=arial]"muzzle_mzls_H","muzzle_mzls_L","muzzle_mzls_B","muzzle_mzls_smg_01","muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_H_MG",

"[b]optic_COWS[/b]","optic_Arco","optic_Hamr","[b]optic_ACOG[/b]","optic_Aco","optic_ACO_grn","[b]optic_srs[/b]","optic_Holosight","[b]optic_dcl[/b]","[b]optic_NVS[/b]",

"[b]optic_Nightstalker[/b]","optic_SOS","optic_MRCO","[b]optic_marksman[/b]","[b]optic_tws[/b]","[b]optic_tws_mg[/b]",[b]"optic_tws_sniper[/b]",

"acc_flashlight","[b]acc_flashlight_IR[/b]","acc_pointer_IR","[b]acc_pointer_GreenLaser[/b]"[/font][/size]

here is the list from weapon_f - those marked ones are the missing ones + pistol attachments

the interesting are these 2 - acc_flashlight_IR and acc_pointer_GreenLaser

acc_flashlight_IR - is a infrared flashlight

acc_pointer_GreenLaser - is most likely a visible green laser variant

Really hope those will be ingame and what exactly is the nightstalker?

...what happened to the sniper scope??? was it taken out of the dev build temporarily??

to clarify, the SOS scope is still present but can't be attached to the sniper rifles. they also load w/out the scope.

Edited by yanquis

...what happened to the sniper scope??? was it taken out of the dev build temporarily??

to clarify, the SOS scope is still present but can't be attached to the sniper rifles. they also load w/out the scope.

SOS is a sniper scope, did you play supports showcase mission?

The game's loading screen indicated the use of the Trijicon brand. Since no Trijicon scope is on the dev build, I guess it will be wierd if they are not included by the time the game is released. Still, no word/pic/demonstration of the new attatchments by the devs (chances are it won't be included at all).

This can be due of some outdated addon - try it without any addons , it should work

Really hope those will be ingame and what exactly is the nightstalker?

I guess its some NV scope - not sure how the reticle looks ,but it seems it will be for CSAT and Nato will use NVS

Edited by RobertHammer

thanks much robert, i somehow still had a scope addon enabled in the vanilla & that immediately fixed it. was bugging the crap outta me.

big fan, btw!

If you take a look in a3\weapons_f\data\ui you can find the icons for quite a few things which are not implemented, including muzzle brakes, ACOG, Burris FastFire, DCL-120 large field of view collimator sight, Trijicon SRS, a thermal scope, an NV scope, and some other oddities.

These images are all rendered from 3D models, which means that BI is sitting on at least partly implemented models for all of those sights.

So we'll probably get them eventually.

Update - since the latest update on dev branch , they added those NV/TI optics which is nice

optic_NVS, optic_Nightstalker, optic_tws and optic_tws_mg

BUT

we still missing the Acog , SRS , DCL-120 , Burris red dot , MRD , TLS-3 , Osprey suppressor - probably for FNP45 tactical which is missing too

i hope we will get these ingame

Addons and Mods: Complete units with optic Nightstalker and dropped several of several armies and I have not gotten me you can help out thank