Sign in to follow this  
comp_uter15776

St0rm.net 150 Player SC Mode 26th August 2013

I am extremely pleased to announce St0rm released its 150 player maximum mission onto Altis via the dev branch earlier today. We reached around 85 players at the highest so far. I've taken the liberty of posting here so I can update you all on how Altis performs with so many, and to keep people up to date with the St0rm server's improvements, to kill two birds with one stone.

The performance fluctuates really, higher numbers result in a fair amount of desync, whether this is Altis or our server we have yet to confirm. I shall post some screenshots I have in a bit.

As for server updates, tomorrow I intend to add UAVs into the mix (you must capture the centre airbase), and there will be anti-tk, side-specific player markers, no shooting in base, and further script optimisation. I'm sorry that some of you may encounter difficulties whilst playing on this server, if you have any suggestions or issues, please do notify me either via PM on a reply here.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613901352573451421/F25D58523B0626C909365610D24D571141C845B1/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613901352573445938/E2B70408F14727BFD6E078604C6A678FA921B120/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613901352573432470/848E1F7EA6A9198C48575852F48A9BAEF889108B/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613901352573422482/446A29974E50ECB1451D51E0E09827F9A7535B3A/

It should be noted that there was a fair bit of desync etc with people joining and leaving at such a high number (max of 85) players, leading to SFPS drop to ~27.

Server info:

8 core Xeon

32GB RAM

4TB HDD

Gigabit unmetered line

**This thread will hopefully be updated tomorrow with more content!**

Edited by Comp_uter15776

When I was on, both sides fly side by side sharing knowledge of Easter eggs and such. Picture of our adventure comming soon! Love it when two side randomly cooperate!

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055309255/screenshots/ The latest picture with the two sides was from your 150 man server as we explored. A blufor player shot the rockets out in the mini Stonehenge so thats why it was floating.

Edited by ProGamer

Haha that's great, glad you had a good time. We're hoping to just keep on improving though so you guys can do this sort of thing constantly if you wish, the server is here to stay as far as I know so there'll be iterations of my SC mission on it.

With today's progression, I've updated the following:

-Anti-TK script should be implemented and working

-Anti-baserape script is a WIP

-UAVs are now in the game, to be able to use them, you must capture the centre airfield and hold it. OPFOR UAV terminals are in the base's crate inventories.

-Slight optimisation tweaks

-Ghosthawk positioned better so it wouldn't whack a tree on startup causing the MROT to be destroyed

-Side-specific markers now employed to better know of your teammates positions

These changes have been pushed through and should now be on the server. Whether they'll work is a different story >:D

Oh, I'll update the OP to include some links to screenshots from the other night.

Some suggestions from a scripting perspective. Add something that will delete all the dead bodies on the map. This over time will lag the shit out of the server. Heres something that should work:

while {true} do {
{deletevehicle _x} foreach allDead;
sleep 60*5;
};

That SHOULD delete all the dead units on the map every 5 minutes.

Some of the other scripts could possibly be combined into one. Also prehaps make a basic Dialog that displays your teams ticket count (not too difficult, I got something that could probably work, if you wanna get on your TS sometime i'll give it to you).

Prehaps customize each sector so that the capture values are different. For example, at the middle airfield, everything captures more slowly there, and infantry capture it the fastest (more dangerous, but more rewarding because the zone will capture faster for your team).

Prehaps add in a vehicle lift script(as it would be kinda handy to be able to pickup a panther and fly it to your guys fighting at the middle airfield or be able to tow a damaged marshal back to the base to repair it) and maybe even BTC revive... (just throwing the idea out there).

Edited by austin_medic

While playing I tried ultiple times to fill a vehicle with ammunition and hold out as a squad at a place like the airport, problem was the vehicle disapeared very quick. Could you add a way to "lock" a vehicle too prevent respawn unless the person who locked it is not nearby for a certain amount of time like 10-15 minutes? If they were nearby it wouldn't respawn.

Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

Firstly, I'll be adding that snippet in austin, thanks :)

There should be a dialogue that displays ticket count - it works in SP/local MP but I'll have to look more indepth at our server hosted version. It even has pwetty colours :D

I was looking at changing costs per sector but first I wanted to sort the UAVs at the centre airfield (sadly expression screws up, and so I have to use a while loop which is really annoying, am looking to change how it works soon)

Vehicle lifting I'd definitely look at; I was playing earlier and realised air transport is about the only way forward currently, unless for maybe like the closest two sectors on the OPFOR side. Reviving and all that will be overhauled too, looking to make it so respawns are available at any sector your team controls. Shouldn't be too hard to place into the existing code for what happens when a sector gets cap'd by a team...

@ProGamer, I'll see what I can do. I will either find/make a lock script, or if I find it to be a detriment to the server FPS, I'll just extend the respawn timer - it was suited for Stratis really.

Thanks for your suggestions though!

Regards,

Comp_uter15776

look into BIS_fnc_MP to sync the ticket count with everybody on MP. I would give you some code... but I'm not really sure of all the code in your mission. Seems some of it is serverside :/ or I'm just blind and don't see some things... Also, i would tweak the vehicle respawn timers, currently theres basically no penelty to having any of your vehicles destoryed. Not sure if thats intentional because of trolls...... orrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

look into BIS_fnc_MP to sync the ticket count with everybody on MP. I would give you some code... but I'm not really sure of all the code in your mission. Seems some of it is serverside :/ or I'm just blind and don't see some things... Also, i would tweak the vehicle respawn timers, currently theres basically no penelty to having any of your vehicles destoryed. Not sure if thats intentional because of trolls...... orrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Well, the map was designed for 150 players (75 per side of course!) so it should typically retain some playability. However, I shall modify it a bit for Version 3, hopefully solving the strange UAV glitch that is a gamebreaker for OPFOR's UAVs...

Another thing you could use instead of a hint for the center airfield being captured (or if you want to display some nice colorful text for a big event that just occured or somethin)

["<t align='center'><t shadow='1'shadowColor='#000000'color='#E0C9E0'size='0.7'>BigText</t><br/><t shadow='1'shadowColor='#000000'color='#DD92AC'size='0.5'>LittleText Under BigText </t>"] call bis_fnc_dynamictext;

That will display some nice big colored text on the screen for people. You could probably make it pop up at the bottom or someplace else, but as an example it will show up in the middle of the screen.

Also an example of BIS_fnc_MP being used.

[[player,"AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic"],"fn_Animation",nil,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

--who its being ran on -- a value that you put into the function --------------------the function--some other stuff im not sure about...

Also... the OPFOR do get UAVs when they capture the airfield zone... just tested in the editor, both sides get UAVs when they cap it...

Edited by austin_medic

Thanks for the input. I'll have a look at what you've mentioned before pushing today's commit through.

With regards to the UAV's, when I tested it, for some reason there were multiple (should only really be 2, actually), and because of their proximity they have a chance to all explode.

Really? I only saw two spawn on the runway depending on what faction owned the sector... it appears to be working fine when i tested in the editor...

Really? I only saw two spawn on the runway depending on what faction owned the sector... it appears to be working fine when i tested in the editor...

:o Okay then haha... I will have to retry that when I put V3 up.

Hi, where can i download the mission? I want to test ist on my server 8-)

Hi, where can i download the mission? I want to test ist on my server 8-)

Right now this mission is meant to be only on the St0rm servers as it hasn't been made publicly available due to it still needing work.

Ok, so today's update fixes a couple of things really.

-UAVs should now only spawn the correct number in the correct places (2/side)

-Vehicle lift script enabled and working