Sign in to follow this  
SpacemanSpiff

1-2 FPS on Altis and 60 fps on stratis.

Is your average framerate on Altis LESS THAN 5 FPS? Do you run a 32 or 64 bit OS?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Is your average framerate on Altis LESS THAN 5 FPS? Do you run a 32 or 64 bit OS?

• NO, average FPS >= 5 (32 bit OS)
    • NO, average FPS >= 5 (64 bit OS)
    • YES, average FPS < 5 (32 bit OS)
    • YES, average FPS < 5 (64 bit OS)

Well I can confirm I'm able to play the game on Altis without any issues whatsoever on both a 32-bit machine and a 64-bit machine.

Ive got an i52500k oc'd to 4.5ghz, 16gb ddr3 1866mhz ram, win 7 64bit, and a gtx 760 which runs at just under 1300mhz and altis runs pretty bad no matter what i do, all that aside though im not bothered because being in beta the devs have more time to get it optimized than if they released it straight away also it wouldn't bother me if it was delayed a bit to polish it up more. Either way BIS and the arma community is one of the best out there so im confident it'll get sorted!! Im pretty sure nvidia will have a driver update to help with the arma 3 optimization eventually and as for us all complaining about the fps it's all part of the fun of being in a beta!

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and have decent FPS on Stratis but terrible FPS on Altis.

The fix:

After some investigation I have discovered that the following file is at fault

{Arma 3}\Addons\map_altis_data.pbo

Renaming this file's extention (e.g. map_altis_data.pbox) will allow you to run Altis without the issue as described. You will get errors but they are non-fatal. This file contains (among other things):

• Map Images (Terrain and thumb)
  • Other assorted images
  • Road data

You still get roads, but the AI probably wont follow them. I've already reported this information to the Feedback site.

sorted it for me but if I have the file renamed I get kicked from servers due to an error with a3\map_altis\data\s_satout_co.paa

So it's a choice of play with the fix and get kicked at a random point (longest time so far is about 6 minutes) or play without the fix and get unplayable framerates :(

I get about 45-55fps on atlis.. :/ how odd.

intel i5, windows 7 ultimate 64bit, gtx 560, 8gb ram.