Sign in to follow this  
SpacemanSpiff

1-2 FPS on Altis and 60 fps on stratis.

Is your average framerate on Altis LESS THAN 5 FPS? Do you run a 32 or 64 bit OS?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Is your average framerate on Altis LESS THAN 5 FPS? Do you run a 32 or 64 bit OS?

• NO, average FPS >= 5 (32 bit OS)
    • NO, average FPS >= 5 (64 bit OS)
    • YES, average FPS < 5 (32 bit OS)
    • YES, average FPS < 5 (64 bit OS)

Whatever they did, now the performance on my brother's pc is horrible. From normal 30-40 fps down to 0-10 fps on both Maps without changing anything...

You are expecting Stratis FPS on Altis? Come off it! Put your VD down or buy a better PC. Altis is a very complex island. I'm confident that BIS will sort the streaming issues out in time.

You are expecting Stratis FPS on Altis? Come off it! Put your VD down or buy a better PC. Altis is a very complex island. I'm confident that BIS will sort the streaming issues out in time.

Read my post again. I'm talking from both maps, not only from one.

i have q6600 processor and overclocked gtx460 3,24GHz 4gb ram and on everything on standard i have 15 fps while on altis,,,, while on stratis running most on high i get like 45

how does one get Altis prior to official release? thanks

You need to opt in to the development branch.

The FPS problem on Altis is not solved for me ! have still the same FPS problem.

I posted this in another thread, but I guess this thread is more appropriate.

Originally Posted by Tankbuster

My and others' research is suggesting at the moment that some or all of the nearest*** commands are, to put it succinctly, fucked on Altis.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-Development-branch-discussion/page649

Seems like this is the problem for me at least, maybe it is something to do with the "House" class being used for god knows how many objects, but maybe not...

For me, using a nearest* command in mission scripts kills the game for about 30 seconds (and my mission uses it quite a bit, so basically kills the game forcing me to end the process.

Different story on Stratis though, where it plays perfectly fine and has been throughout the beta period.

When the nearest commands are used and the game freezes up the CPU usage is at 10% (never more) and Memory usage goes to around 2.2GB for the arma process.

Even without an empty mission, running a "nearest x" via the debug window causes the same issue.

So I commented out all the nearest commands in my scripts and the mission runs reasonably well at least from a brief test, I will do some more in-depth ones this evening.

Edited by FX2K

If you want to try a nearly perfectly optimized (in Scripts and Serverside) MP Mode, see my Signature and join one of my Servers (Try DEV / Altis with 96 Players running smooth and silky for that *WOOHOOO-effect*).

I am pretty sure, or lets say, 90% of all players that came there said: "here i have the best MP-Performance ever" - so if you want to use it like a "Benchmark" of what is possible.

Gimme some Feedback here - and don't forget, just released it yesterday and more features/optimization/ balancing will come ASAP.

And as most people know - your personal overall Game-Performance is the sum of many factors. But a well scripted Mission is one of the most important, besides the Servers and your PC's settings / HW-setup.

cya & best regards,

Blue1

simple we need 64bit application and we currently have 32bit apps.... come on bis why upscale all of your terrain but still give us arma 1 limitations (2047mb ram)

simple we need 64bit application and we currently have 32bit apps.... come on bis why upscale all of your terrain but still give us arma 1 limitations (2047mb ram)

Yes, because a 64 bit executable that cannot run on a 32 bit system is exactly what we need to fix an issue present only on 32 bit systems.

I Don't think it is just a problem for 32 bit machines I run 64 bit os and dam compare stratis to altis its a big mess, can't seem to turn with out minor freezes, can't use binoculars with out freezing can't use cqb scope to scope with out freezing, cant walk more than 2 meters with out freezing, can't drive with out stuttering. only plays bad on altis

I Don't know what is up lately as stratis has been fine for me but altis has massive lag for me now even if i turn every thing down from ultra settings and object and view down to nearly min it is still doing the same think i might YT it for reference.

Seems like this is the problem for me at least, maybe it is something to do with the "House" class being used for god knows how many objects, but maybe not...

For me, using a nearest* command in mission scripts kills the game for about 30 seconds (and my mission uses it quite a bit, so basically kills the game forcing me to end the process.

Different story on Stratis though, where it plays perfectly fine and has been throughout the beta period.

When the nearest commands are used and the game freezes up the CPU usage is at 10% (never more) and Memory usage goes to around 2.2GB for the arma process.

Even without an empty mission, running a "nearest x" via the debug window causes the same issue.

So I commented out all the nearest commands in my scripts and the mission runs reasonably well at least from a brief test, I will do some more in-depth ones this evening.

It is exactly the same problem I've encountered.

Transitioning from 32 to 64bit isn't like flipping a switch, it's a fundamental change to the game that could take months to complete followed by months of regression testing.

Transitioning from 32 to 64bit isn't like flipping a switch, it's a fundamental change to the game that could take months to complete followed by months of regression testing.

They have to make this fundamental change. A game that can't run on ultra with max distance on Altis, on any computer, is a serious problem. I can't believe BIS is still using this old ass engine.

it's gonna be a serious issue if people within the 'recommended specs' (not even the minimum) can't get 'playable' performance

I don't think it was a good idea to hold off on testing Altis for so long. I don't want to get too tin-foily, but I get the feeling they knew about these issues, and it was part of the reason they had to delay/change the campaign. this game IS NOT ready for release. I'm excited we'll get "all the sandbox content" soon, but they really need to deal with these performance issues NOW. and if they really can't be fixed... well for starters, BI will have some serious explaining to do (but they'll probably hide behind carefully chosen, non-legally binding, words)

The poll question was poorly written but the point it's trying to make is clear. I voted that I got <=5fps on Altis but actually I get 9fps on Altis compared to ~35fps on Stratis. I upgraded my gfx because of the Altis issue and that took me from 7fps to 9fps. It barely makes the slightest difference whether I have max or min settings (though I couldn't use max... or even native resolution... settings on my old card!). I've provided launch options in various combinations and they also seem redundant to the issue.

The poll question was poorly written but the point it's trying to make is clear. I voted that I got <=5fps on Altis but actually I get 9fps on Altis compared to ~35fps on Stratis. I upgraded my gfx because of the Altis issue and that took me from 7fps to 9fps. It barely makes the slightest difference whether I have max or min settings (though I couldn't use max... or even native resolution... settings on my old card!). I've provided launch options in various combinations and they also seem redundant to the issue.

How much RAM you got? This is a memory issue, not a GPU issue.

didn't bis say this was only a HOTFIX so im guessing further fixes are due?

Check this test out Tankbusters done, proves that to the letter :) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162897-nearobjects-performance-on-altis-and-stratis

it's gonna be a serious issue if people within the 'recommended specs' (not even the minimum) can't get 'playable' performance

I don't think it was a good idea to hold off on testing Altis for so long. I don't want to get too tin-foily, but I get the feeling they knew about these issues, and it was part of the reason they had to delay/change the campaign. this game IS NOT ready for release. I'm excited we'll get "all the sandbox content" soon, but they really need to deal with these performance issues NOW. and if they really can't be fixed... well for starters, BI will have some serious explaining to do (but they'll probably hide behind carefully chosen, non-legally binding, words)

Isn't that the reason why the game is still in beta? And also, Altis is only available on the development build, which means it's not finished yet and still in "development".

Also, as far as i remember, it says the content in the development build is still worked on and can break or make your game perform worse.

However, i would give time. Im sure they are working hard on this game. :D

If they need to set a new release date, i would be okay with it.

Better waiting longer then having an unfinished game.

However, i would give time.

Well, the issue here is that time is running out. 10 days until the full release and Altis is still unplayable for some people.

I'm pretty sure the engine programmers are shitting their pants right now. (Metaphorically, of course. Though speaking as a software developer who has been in a similar situation, I know how stressful it can be.)

Edited by MadDogX

Well, the issue here is that time is running out. 10 days until the full release and suddenly it turns out that Altis is unplayable for some people.

I'm pretty sure the programmers are shitting their pants right now. (Speaking as a software developer who has been in a similar situation.)

Yes, that is the problem when you set your schedule to tight.

It's a two-sided sword. One one Hand, the programmers have pressure and work hard on the game, on the other, it can lead to unfinished or even brocken content.

That's what i meant. IF they see, there is no way to finish this before the deadline, just set it new.

Of course, it will have an inpact on BIs PR, but i think it will be worse when they release an unfinished game.