Sign in to follow this  
SpacemanSpiff

1-2 FPS on Altis and 60 fps on stratis.

Is your average framerate on Altis LESS THAN 5 FPS? Do you run a 32 or 64 bit OS?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Is your average framerate on Altis LESS THAN 5 FPS? Do you run a 32 or 64 bit OS?

• NO, average FPS >= 5 (32 bit OS)
    • NO, average FPS >= 5 (64 bit OS)
    • YES, average FPS < 5 (32 bit OS)
    • YES, average FPS < 5 (64 bit OS)

Well, the problem with that poll might be that MAYBE many votes are not about this issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be lots of votes from people who just got low FPS, but not due to this issue, but only because their HW isn't powerful enough to run Altis (much bigger, more detailed => more strain on HW) with similar/same FPS as Stratis?

Yep, I'm afraid you're right, and I could have worded the poll question and answers better. Perhaps it's time for a new poll... ;)

He says it is glitching. When he goes 3rd person the character looks all buggy and the trees look glitched too graphic errors and such. Def can't be the view distance cause I can be at 4k and run no problems. His system is beast compared to mine. Thinking he has to wait for a hotfix as well. Thanks for the info though guys as you know any information in a situation like this is welcome. And his PC is only about a year old. So his I7 is newer. =/

If anybody doesn't understand this, I have some pics that might help: http://imgur.com/XSuCTN7

http://imgur.com/AUUi6Mz

Well if it helps I'm running a 64 bit win 7 ultimate fully updated with the latest Beta drivers on my GPU (Just upgraded from the current release drivers after playing for a bit tonight) Earlier tonight I was running a different memory allocater but I did not notice a difference unfortunately I also forgot to save my launch options so I don't know which one I was running off hand.

If anybody doesn't understand this, I have some pics that might help: http://imgur.com/XSuCTN7

http://imgur.com/AUUi6Mz

Having the same glitches and the 1fps. The fps issue really feels like a loading problem. It either tries to load to much at once or it loads objects far beyond the slider settings, cos it feels like it is loading 30 towns when I look at a certain direction. Also when I spawn in an area where I am surrounded by towns/urban area´s it is 1 fps no matter where I look at. Also arma3.exe runs at 1.2gb right from the beginning on an empty map, compared to 700mb on Stratis, though that should not be a problem with 4gb ram.

I am not technical enough to find out what could be the problem, just hope I will able to take the Altis tour as well, been looking forward to it for many months.

Well, the problem with that poll might be that MAYBE many votes are not about this issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be lots of votes from people who just got low FPS, but not due to this issue, but only because their HW isn't powerful enough to run Altis (much bigger, more detailed => more strain on HW) with similar/same FPS as Stratis?

Thats exactly why that poll is unclear.

Bootsy do u have 32 bit aswell?

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

and pvt dancer u were having the 1 fps problem aswell?

Well I compared my specs with some other friends and I kinda realized is that it really doesn't matter which CPU and GPU you have in this case. My friend running Altis on his dual core processor with 4gb ram can run the game perfectly fine but on win 8 64bit OS. I have a lot more better PC with win 7 32bit OS and the game when I enter some areas or even smallest city which isn't even equal to Agia Marina on Stratis my game becomes unplayable with 1-2 FPS so I always have to alt + f4 the game coz its only the way how to close it because of massive performance drop. Even If I manage to close the editor main menu is still lagy and its impossible to do something there. Altis just completely screws the whole game.

Here is my thread with same issue but more details. Maybe you have exactly the same thing. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162391-FPS-issues-in-cities

I am sure it has something to do with 32bit OS.

Good point. Definitely worth trying different allocators.

Tried the allocators on offer, no change

Ok, having just done a little bit of correlation work on the poll voters vs. forum posts, it is clear that the poll result is bogus.

All of the legitimate reports on this specific issue seem to be from 32bit OS users.

(Of course the game still has its other performance problems, but that's a whole different matter.)

You want to tell me that none at the BIS ever played Altis on a 32-bit system? Lol.... Nah, I don't think ALL 32-bit systems suffer from this issue, but it could likely be the cause.

It might not be all 32 bit systems. But the issue does seem to effect only 32 bit systems (Me included)

Dont worry, BIS did noticed ;-)

But of course upvoting that ticket wont hurt anything - especially if the votes also comes with some HW/OS/SW info

redacted

Edited by Mobile_Medic
bogus is a strong word for a poorly worded poll in a fast moving thread

Perhaps you can be more clear in your edited poll...

Yep, that's the plan; unfortunately that last poll was worded badly.

Btw. by "bogus" I merely meant "not correct". ;)

EDIT: Since it might take a while for the old poll to be removed, I decided to add the new (more clear) one here.

Edited by MadDogX

I have this problem. Though I am not sure if it's just because I have a really crappy GPU or it's the problem that the rest of people have.

My rig:

Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.3 GHz

3.1 GB (4 in fact, but running on 32 bits)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series (HD 3650)

Pixel Shader version 4.1

Vertex Shader version 4.1

Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB

Free Disk Space: C/169 GB (partition A); D/235 GB (Arma installed here, independent HDD); E/131 GB(partition B) Both HDD are 7200rpm. Both of them 0% fragmentation.

Parameters used: -noSplash -cpuCount=4 -high -nologs -world=empty

Options: 1280*720, 100% sampling (lowering it has no effect rising FPS); all at low/disabled; view distance: 1200-1000 (if set at 500 there is no difference).

When I first get into the world there is no problem, 30 FPS (in editor or a armory mission). But as soon as I get into a chopper and move som kilometre, FPS fall to 0-1 and textures just dissapear. Then if I exit the mission and open it again, it's again 0-1 FPS and bad textures. If I load Stratis there is no problem, 30+FPS.

It might be so, Arma for me at high setting in textures takes around 2+ GB of RAM with 64bit system and 8GB of RAM, and that is not a problem(although btw. increasing view distance to 12k freezes Arma for a VERY LONG time, got SSD drive). Now with 32bit system, you only have around 3.25GB of RAM, so if Arma takes around 2... then you are left with only 1,25GBs. Try to shut down as many background processes as possible.

It might be a RAM problem but atleast in my case it not the lack of it. Running 32bit Windows, Arma has never used more than 1,6GB, even when the fps is 0-1, and there's still 900MB available memory left.

Hi there,

I use to play with a friend. Yesterday when we DL Altis the problem was only in my computer. It could be by chance but I'm the one with 32bit. I have tryed everything with no result.

I'll put here both Computer Specifications just in case it helps anyone:

MY COMPUTER (1 FPS in Altis; no problem in Stratis)

CPU: Core i7

RAM: 4gb (running on 32bit...)

HDD: SSD Samsung

GPU: ATI 7970 3Gb (Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X GHz Edition)

MY FRIEND'S COMPUTER (No problems in ALTIS)

CPU: AMD 3,5GHz 8 Cores

RAM: 8gb

HDD: SSD Samsung

GPU: ATI 7870 2Gb (Sapphire 7870 GHz Edition)

According to this, anyone could say that SO is the explanation, but I prefer to be very cautious.

Apart of this problem my friend has aleatory frame drops in stratis and I have memory leakage sometimes if I fly arround for a long time in stratis BUT THESE ARE DIFFERENT STORIES... With this, I point out that I hope once the finished game is ready, all this problems are solved. Cross my fingers.

Thanks

Validating files through Steam = Solution?

As mentioned by tyl3r99.

As far as I can tell, his problem wasn't performance related, but rather that Altis wasn't showing up at all.

Validating the files won't hurt either way, but I doubt it will solve the performance problems.

it may solve the not loading issue? who knows no harm in trying lol