Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Assault on Charkia: an OFP-styled combined arms assault on Altis!

Hey guys, figured I'd let you know that I have made a scenario on Altis, hoping to give new players something to do on the new terrain!

It is a combined arms assault featuring APC's, a helicopter, an artillery barrage and several squads of infantry duking it out. It also includes voice-overs done by myself and a friend.

I've made it available on Steam Workshop, and you can find it here:

Single player version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173128889&searchtext=

8-player co-op version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173130169

I've got more missions as well, which you can see here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980995502/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

Wow, this is one of the best mission that I have ever played.

Just one bug, if I save, when I revert that save the ammunition are not the same of the moment of the save, but less.

Thumbs up and thank you very much for release, and also... i love classicals

Just played it. Good fun, a little on the easy side maybe with all those friendlies. The voiceovers are well done, gives it a polished feeling. The mission itself felt kinda basic (classic town sweep), but 6 hours after Altis release i can totally live with it. Good way to introduce you to the feeling that is Altis urban combat.

Nice quick mission. A great way to premiere Altis.

Well done SiC.

Downloaded and finished, a little too easy but I believe thats down to the AI (enemy).

I will pass the word.

Thanks.

Hey guys, I would like to do an update for this mission so that the player doesn't have to hunt around for the last tango for too much. I was thinking to do that by adding a trigger inside the town with a timer so that after a while the mission finishes, even if there is still a soldier left. How long would you say that the fighting INSIDE of the town lasts for you on average? I would hate for the mission to finish in a heated firefight :p

would be easier to do a trigger with less than <insert amount> of enemy.

Hey guys, I would like to do an update for this mission so that the player doesn't have to hunt around for the last tango for too much. I was thinking to do that by adding a trigger inside the town with a timer so that after a while the mission finishes, even if there is still a soldier left. How long would you say that the fighting INSIDE of the town lasts for you on average? I would hate for the mission to finish in a heated firefight :p

It might be better to make a trigger count down when there is only 1-3 Opfor left rather than starting the countdown at mission start.

Edit: Ninja'd by Dale.

Interesting, I didn't know that was possible. That's awesome. What would that trigger look like exactly?

I don't know if this is correct, but something like:

(east countside thislist) <= 3

in the trigger's condition field, with activation set to OPFOR Present might do the trick. Then you could set the countdown min/mid/max to whatever you want. You could also have two triggers covering the same area -- one that triggers when there are only a couple enemies left (with a timer) and one that triggers when none are left (probably like it is now).

The only other suggestion I might make re: the mission itself would be to maybe try out UPSMON on the OPFOR just to randomize the movements and location of the enemies a bit. It seems a shame to have the infantry and vehicles always starting in the same positions, especially the APCs. That said, I very much enjoy the mission as is -- it's one I'll play again and again.

That didn't quite work but I found this: (east countside thislist) < 4 which did the trick. The mission is now updated :)

There is a trigger with a timer and a regular trigger to see if the enemy is all dead. I will look into randomizing some locations a bit but I am out of time now.

The mission was indeed very nice to play. The voiceover was nice and gave the mission the mission some more professionalism. Very nice.

What about changing the ending a bit? Seeing OpFors really flee and not ending the mission so abrupt?

Opfor sometimes does flee, I have seen them about 4 to 500 metres away from the town (which is why I had Callsign Hammer stationed there, to cut them down as they move out). Sometimes you'll see it happen, sometimes you won't. The problem with sandbox games is that it is hard to predict what will happen (which is ofcourse also the best thing about sandbox games, just sometimes hellish if you want to do something specific like that I think).