Sign in to follow this  
Samplethief

GroupChat/SideChat conversation help!!!!

Hi guys, would appreciate any help on this at all. I am having trouble getting chat to work and cant find any helpful tutorials or info anywhere.

Basically I have a US squad that rendezvous with a member of the resistance as part of its objectives and I want some dialogue to appear in the group chat area for a conversation back and forth between the resistance leader and the US soldier. I want this mission to be playable CO-OP so the chat would need to appear for all members of the US soldiers team. I am not worried about sounds at this point, just text.

Any advice or a template mission that i can open up in the editor and see would be most helpful, thanks.

Hi mate, this is what i do... its too simple but works... make a script.sqs and call it "talkin.sqs" or whatever you want. in side of the script you have to put something like this....

[/code]

UsSquadLeaderName Globalchat "Hi mate u want some cofee??";

~3

ResistanceMemberName Globalchat "oh please! i call to my friends via radio, they sure come to take a cofee too!!";

~5

ResistanceMemberName Sidechat "BlackFox, this is RedSnake, do you readme??";

~4

ResistanceRadiochaterName sidechat "here BlackFox";

~2

ResistanceMemberName Sidechat "BlackFox, Come to my position, i have some cofee to you";

~4

ResistanceRadioChaterName Sidechat "Roger That, BlackFox on the Way!";

~5

exit

To launch the script, put an activator whit the condition you wish and in the OnAct Field

[] exec "talking.sqs"

I use Globalchat to talk person to person and Sidechat to simulate Radio transmitions. Note you cant make sidechat between tho different Factions....

Well you can use those commands in the Init field of a trigger, so when the trigger fires, your text will be shown.

You can use groupChat, sideChat, vehicleChat and all the other chats ingame with the specific commmand.

A example of the usage is:

Trigger1 OnAct:

resistanceLeader globalChat "Eyes on Tharget!";

Trigger2 OnAct:

bluforLeader globalChat "Our Squad will assist you for a attack";

I use here the globalChat because Resistance and Blufor are not in the same side (so sidechat would not work)

But you could make the Resistance Squad join your Blufor Squad using joinSilen or join.

The join command will add those Units to your Squad and which would enable you the usage of groupChat.

If you want to add those Units to your Squad use another trigger with the OnAct:

resistanceLeader join group bluforLeader;

Edited by Lappihuan

Very helpful indeed Logan, thanks alot for that. Any idea how to make the text different colours?