Sign in to follow this  
VanhA-ICON

VanhA's Caribou coop pack

As a request by Variable I'll open up a separate thread for my coop pack for updates/bug reporting.

Download link for latest version

Armaholic link

*The pack contains 17 coop missions for Caribou Frontier (A2+arrowhead).

*Mission versions 1.05 /16.11.2013

*Changes: 2 more playable slots for "Timber"/ marker color change upon mast destruct in "Timber"/ Tunguska now set to hold in "Holiday in Hell" / 3 new missions / minor adjustments

Needed addons:

Caribou Frontier by Raunhofer

1.Mission Name: co 03 Hull-Down

Game mode: COOP (1-3 / Russia)

Respawn: "GROUP"

2.Mission Name: co 06 After The War

Game mode: COOP (1-6 / Russia)

3.Mission Name: co 08 Severnoj Fireworks

Game mode: COOP (1-08 / US)

4.Mission Name: co 10 Empire Strykers Back

Game mode: COOP (1-10 / US )

5.Mission Name: co 12 Operation W.O.F

Game mode: COOP (1-12 / US)

6.Mission Name: co 12 Nocturnal Punchline

Game mode: COOP (1-12 / Russia)

7.Mission Name: co 12 Skirmish At Silent Rocks

Game mode: COOP (1-12/ Insurgent)

8.Mission Name: co 14 Bad For Business

Game mode: COOP (1-14 / guerrila)

9.Mission Name: co 16 Timber!!

Game mode: COOP (1-16 / Russia)

10.Mission Name: co 14 Holiday In Hell

Game mode: COOP (1-14 / US)

11.Mission Name: co 16 Rescue Rangers

Game mode: COOP (1-16 / Soviet)

12.Mission Name: co 16 Splintered Forest

Game mode: COOP (1-16 / US)

13.Mission Name: co 18 Rusted Gears

Game mode: COOP (1-8 / Russia)

14.Mission Name: co 22 Assault On Hightower

Game mode: COOP (1-22 / US)

15.Mission Name: co 24 Pocket of Despair

Game mode: COOP (1-24 / US)

16.Mission Name: co 20 Raid at Fort Crassus

Game mode: COOP (1-20 / Taki-Militia)

17.Mission Name: co 10 Truce

Game mode: COOP (1-10 / US)

Edited by VanhA-ICON
added link for armaholic

Thanks Vanha!

Does the current version have these bugs fixed?

2. In Vanha's "After the War" and "Holiday in Hell" UPSMON AI patrol areas are displayed on the map.

3. In all of Vanha's missions - The displayed text overlay at the bottom right when the mission start is at the background of the "Vanha" icon. I suggest either displaying the icon for a shorter time or position it in a different area.

Tested shortly (briefing + one or two minutes into the briefing) on a Windows dedicated server.

Edited by Variable

Thanks Vanha!

Does the current version have these bugs fixed?

Yes indeed

Skirmish at Silent Rocks: seems like the paratroopers at the start are multiplied by the number of connected players. I've never seen that many parachutes lol! Almost crashed the server. Many of the chutes were empty as well. Alwarren, can you post the screenshot you took?

Timber: *no entry Cfg Marker Colors error message at start.

This mission really needs an overhaul on the team's load outs. Need MGs, ATs, and AA. can't really fight the Americans and the CDF with their armor, chopper, and infantry with some 74Us, two Vintorez rifles and Bizons. Or am I missing anything...?

Maybe add a small objective at the start to ambush a hammer convoy that carries weapons if you don't want to just give the players the necessary weapons at the start?

Apart from that, both missions look awesome!

Edited by Variable

Really? The thing about paradrop is odd as they are not script generated but present in the choppers. I had no chance on dedi server testing myself though.

You're right about the "timber", I think I added too much stuff ignoring the weapons available. I don't remember what I placed in the starting crate.

I'll take a look this weekend.

Really? The thing about paradrop is odd as they are not script generated but present in the choppers. I had no chance on dedi server testing myself though.

Than maybe there were way too much empty chutes? Lets wait for Alwarren's screenshot.

v1.03 release

*Enabled GPS in each mission

*Reduced number of paratroopers in "Skirmish"

*Added an option to scavenge better weapons and removed the enemy chopper in "Timber"

I could not repeat the config marker error. I suspect the taskmaster did not properly load before mission start as it controls the created task markers.

Also, is there a chance that an addon has caused the empty paradrop spamming?

Keep me informed of further issues.

Br

VanhA

Small hotfix for "Operation W.O.F":

There was one parameter missing from the artillery script. That should be fixed now.

Download from the same link. File is still 1.03

Hahahaha, awesome missions!

http://i.imgur.com/doAMw1x.jpg (225 kB)

:edit: Also we just did the co12_operation_wof one (I think it's called) - the hostages were bugged, we couldn't complete the objective

Edited by Fap

Thank you for that, Fap.

I was kinda afraid about that hostage thing.. I had no chance on dedi testing with it.

I'll have to rethink how to do it then.

I was trying to avoid having them join on players group but perhaps I need to go with that option.

ps. I can't help but feeling awestuck with the AI's ability to throw out decoy parachutes when exiting a chopper...

Edited by VanhA-ICON

Good missions nonetheless. I think the first could use some more resistance, though. Maybe one or two gunships, some amphibious vehicles to deploy mechanized teams and attack from the land? Then we could put the satchels, mines and ATs we had in the crates to good use.

In WOF, it seems like the hostages "untie" script is local to the clients. Each players saw only those he untied himself as untied. Extracting the hostages to safety could have added to the mission I think. Moving them through hostile grounds to a safe house can be exciting.

Ahh, of course!

Thank you for the tip Kerc Kasha.

I'm in process of doing some fixes and I'll include that one as well.

In the next version the pack will also include 4 new missions.

Stay tuned.

v. 1.04 release

Ok, guys and gals. An updated pack with fixes and 4 new missions.

Huge thanks to the community for test help and tips.

Give yourselves a big hug!!

Br

VanhA

Nocturnal Punchline completed! The "take the plans" from the lighthouse camp objective didn't accomplish for all of us on the server but the mission completed successfully after we completed the following objectives and extracted to base.

I recommend setting the mission to a different time, to experience the blinding lighthouse light at the start, but enjoy Caribuo's beautiful landscape later on during a sunrise. Although the mission starts at around 7am, it was dark throughout so we had to use NVG.

Great mission VanhA!

Thank you Variable.

I could change that, yes.. I seem to really suck at server side checking though regarding that task thing. It has a "player hasWeapon" check for the item so it seems it requires more to it.

I'll try my best.

Played Holiday in Hell last night with a full human team. I loved that mission! It takes advantage of Caribuo's rough terrain to have really nice infantry close "knife fights".

One comment - the Tunguska decided to take a walk around. AI driving can't really handle all the rocky terrain, and so it jumped to the air and landed on its side.

I recommend fixing it to a permanent position, it's not really realistic for it to drive around like that anyway.

Forgot to post this but I played "Skirmish" again with the updated version and this time it pretty much killed our server as when the helicopters showed up it dropped to 1 fps.

Yeah, I don't know why the serverside solution failed in that. I recommend to skip that mission until I properly solve it.

I'll fix that tunguska, thanks for the tip, Variable

1.05 release

Ok, there's one more minor thing I tried with that paramess-mission.

Other stuff is mentioned in the first post.