Sign in to follow this  
Desrat

HFBServers - A Warning

I'm having issues with HFBServers.com and wanted to just tell people about my experience.

I initially ordered an ArmA3 server (for a very respectable price I have to admit) from their New York location. Setup was quick and reasonably hassle free, until I joined the server and noticed a higher than expected ping. I double checked the servers IP address online and low and behold found that they had set me up in their Chicago data centre!!

Our members are largely based in the east of the US and central Europe so New York was selected as a reasonable middle ground for all. I actually expected this was a simple oversight or human error so I alerted them to the mistake and was told :

We are out of new york at the moment. As such we placed the server in the closest available location. Chicago was that location.

No apology, no consultation on whether I even wanted that location, it was just assumed that would be good enough. When I did question further I was then offered an apology and that should stock become available (which I would have to check for myself) I could request the server to be moved. Not ideal but as the server was paid for and the ping wasn't astronomical I begrudgingly agreed to wait it out a little.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I notice they have stock availability for New York once more and so put in the request to move the server, as they had advised me to.

Once again setup was relatively quick (no mods/missions were transferred) but once again though the location is wrong, only this time its been setup in Phoenix Arizona!!

Needless to say I'm plenty pissed at this point and immediately log a support ticket - That was 4 days ago (Wednesday), I've had no update (despite several prompts from me over those 4 days), no contact and my attempts to contact them in other manners have thus far been unsuccessful, so basically I'm here to advise others that while HFB do have highly competitive prices, the staff are at best incompetent fools or at worst blatantly poor at customer service.

I guess you get what you pay for as they say...

I'll update if/when I hear more.

EDIT UPDATE :

Finally received word after 4 days and only after I mentioned I'd posted here and on the DayZ forum - turns out the server location is new york and the IP address reports as Phoenix (inaccurate geoinformation) so apologies for that, it does not however explain why it took 4 days to get that response.

Edited by Desrat
Updated Info