Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW BLEEDOUT: realistic bleeding system for Arma 3

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great mod(as usual)! However I would change one thing - when someone gets incapacitated (at least when I played it) he stays incapacitated for 5-10 sec`s and then dies. The way I see it a person should be easily incapacitated but hard to kill.

One of my favorite things about the SLX mod in A2 was how you could have a firefight and after its over and you advance you still see a few poor bastards bleeding to death - and with all the blood around them you can see they were lying there for a while. You definately have the foundation to do it, I just hope you like the idea.

Great mod(as usual)! However I would change one thing - when someone gets incapacitated (at least when I played it) he stays incapacitated for 5-10 sec`s and then dies. The way I see it a person should be easily incapacitated but hard to kill.

One of my favorite things about the SLX mod in A2 was how you could have a firefight and after its over and you advance you still see a few poor bastards bleeding to death - and with all the blood around them you can see they were lying there for a while. You definately have the foundation to do it, I just hope you like the idea.

Thanks mate, I understand what you're getting at. I will for the next release configure things so that the damage thresholds for the crouch/prone/incapacitate are user defined. So you could set them low if that's what you prefer.

This mods is cool, I increased damage from 2 to 4, I thought it took a little too long for ai to bleed out.

This mods is cool, I increased damage from 2 to 4, I thought it took a little too long for ai to bleed out.

I set it at 10 for my personal use, gives you a few minutes to treat a wounded squaddie or they're toast!

I set it at 10 for my personal use, gives you a few minutes to treat a wounded squaddie or they're toast!

Ok, I haven't played much with the mod yet, I'll try it higher I think. I like how they start rolling over when they're in real bad shape.

TPW, you gotta do the suite man - EBS, LOS, FALL, & Bleedout - with options in the config to enable each one. Does any of the mods cause AI to go away from relax behavior to combat/aware already when they hear shots fired or is WWAICover the only option at the moment?

TPW, you gotta do the suite man - EBS, LOS, FALL, & Bleedout - with options in the config to enable each one. Does any of the mods cause AI to go away from relax behavior to combat/aware already when they hear shots fired or is WWAICover the only option at the moment?

oh please no, don't mash them all up into one...

btw, I did make a test mission and had a few team mates on, we did run threw a couple of times, my server f'd up each time. after the third flop they had to go i went to a public server.

Edited by Lordprimate

I suggested it before. There is no enought space in my command line for all the mods :)

oh please no, don't mash them all up into one...

btw, I did make a test mission and had a few team mates on, we did run threw a couple of times, my server f'd up each time. after the third flop they had to go i went to a public server.

I just figured it would be easier to always get all the latest TPW mods with a single download. His mods are basically must haves for me at this point and it would be great to know you have the latest versions after an update without going to different forums on bi or armaholic. Of course its TPW's call. There might be other reasons not to combine them he's aware of. Just an idea.

It may also be more efficient from a coding perspective.

I suggested it before. There is no enought space in my command line for all the mods :)

Makes me lol, thats why you learn how to do it with a batch or a command file instead of using the default steam properties..... :)

A humble suggestion, TPW, how about adding your new mods to PwS network? Especially since they are currently evolving pretty fast with a new or test version every few days (great!) :)

Once they reach some more stable state, a suite could be nice.

Back on topic, last evening I had a literal blast with your mods (and Robalo's ASR) in Arma3 SP dynamic mission. OPFOR going down, not knowing if you just suppressed (EBC) them or if they lie bleeding (BLEEDOUT + FALL), much better CQB (LOS + latest dev changes), it was excellent! Along with TMR's mod this all makes A3 fun again to play (just a sidenote, I too had the problem with latest EBC AI soldiers breaking my MROT again. I will try it without the other mods later and report in EBC thread).

Thanks a lot!

One last thing - it seems you forgot to update the mod versions ingame, although readme for most of them states e.g. EBC 1.06, ingame hint shows still 1.05 (or my install got borked somehow, which would be strange)

You could place all your TPW addons into one single TPW folder. Actually I place all addons into various named folders ike "AI", "Vehicles", "Units" etc. Makes it easier to manage them.

Addons should remain separate IMO.

I was playing a mission with pmc units yesterday where my squad was pinned down by enemy fire (thx to the suppression mod :) ), and one of the ai's was hit. After finally getting to him to heal him, he bled out and died in front of my eyes. Epic moment right there...

.. and one of the ai's was hit. After finally getting to him to heal him, he bled out and died....

So your AI medic had Heal him but the other still died..or he died the moment medic got close?

It is important to remember plz

No, the wounded ai hadn't been healed. I was trying to get to him to heal him, but it was too late..

Edited by Zorg_DK

TPW BLEEDOUT v1.04: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_BLEEDOUT_104.zip

Changes:

• Configurable damage thresholds for crouch/prone/incapacitated
  • Fixed bug which left incapacitated units writhing after being healed

Please note that you'll need to update the /userconfig/TPW_BLEEDOUT/TPW_BLEEDOUT.hpp to accommodate the new configurable damage thresholds.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Loving all your mods and I'm very much enjoying the SP versions (tried this, your Civilians Script and am going to give the Houselights a go) - can't wait for the MP versions. Thanks for taking the time to write and share these. The medical system in vanilla is lacking urgency and also downplays the need for medics ("combat life savers" - i still prefer the term medic).

tpw, does this mod do anything to encourage the AI to heal themselves (or their squadmates) or is that left up to default AI behaviour?

Edit: nvm, I just re-read the first post:

TPW BLEEDOUT makes no changes to unit behaviour outside of damage/speed/posture and stamina

Liking this addon a lot :) it adds a level of uncertaincy to every situation.

- Script versions will detect an already running addon and quit.

Would this not be better served the other way around? Presumably a mission script will have mission-specific settings. :)

Liking this addon a lot :) it adds a level of uncertaincy to every situation.

Would this not be better served the other way around? Presumably a mission script will have mission-specific settings. :)

Yup, I like it too, however I think it "breaks" missions where you can't disembark a vehicle, and you get injured.