Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

Sorry if it was asked before, but are you going to make this island compatible with Ambient Modules?

By the way, I tried putting ambient modules on 3 cities, 2 of them spawn civillians but Paraiso did not spawn any civillian but only cars, any idea why and how to fix this?

Edit: Masbete aswell...

Yes. It is being worked on with each building. Adding memory points for civilian spawns and chimney smoke.

Yes. It is being worked on with each building. Adding memory points for civilian spawns and chimney smoke.

Nice! Can't wait for it to come out.

Do you think it will be avaible in one of the next few updates?

Edited by eran100

My guess is maybe your not setting it up correctly.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ALICE

In there it talks about a townlist for where civilians can spawn.

I've set it correctly, the cars spawn but the civillians don't, here the pics:

Here a town with civillians

1024x576.resizedimage

And here is a town with out

1024x576.resizedimage

As you see, the cars do spawn, but the civillian does not, any idea why?

My guess is maybe your not setting it up correctly.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ALICE

In there it talks about a townlist for where civilians can spawn.

Nope, it's not that his ALICE isn't configured correctly it's that that map is missing the defined city centers and neighborhoods needed for it.

A bit more info here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94741-ALICE-not-spawning-civilians&p=1603763&viewfull=1#post1603763

Running a crb_locations test with ALICE debug on SMD vs. CAA1 with the patch in the above post...

SMD: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14592975/arma2oa%202013-11-09%2007-13-11-02.png

CAA1: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14592975/arma2oa%202013-11-09%2007-08-39-26.png

With ALICE's debug on, the flags represent city centers that will spawn units and the circle the radius to activate that location. The colors and (0/0) aren't particularily important since it doesn't cache locations that haven't been activated at least once.

The lines between towns show connected neighbors. The blue text shows the city center locations, although all of them in the example aren't used. There are more location types that aren't defined that would also help with certain types of missions.

Edited by Fadi
spelling

Good deal!! Thank you fadi. We'll add native support hopefully by the next update. We have some big things brewing so keep an eye open :)

Ok. It's been a while but here's a little update of what we've been doing which will be included in the next update.

Nice, great job guys:bounce3: been having a blast lately in MP on sahrani,:yay:

Awesome!! I'm very glad to hear this!! The next update is gonna be a big one. No eta yet because I'm going through all buildings used on sahrani and upgrading them. Making all doors actually function, adding breakable glass and that stuff. We've got a few guys working on a couple more unenterable ones turning them into enterable ones so I want to add those as well.

And then the big work on the destructible building bad benson and myself have been working on. (which we've just decided needs to have the roof breakable as well :) )

So like I said when the next update is ready it's gonna be a big one.

Another wip update :)

Slatts will be happy as this was his favorite spot on sahrani ;)

All the doors are functional and windows breakable and added furniture. Due to a limit in arma only allowing 24 windows to become breakable we have to link the back panes of the building in with the front so they can all break. I felt this way it was less obvious when playing.

Lots of big announcements to come as well... We were VERY excited to see the news this morning about the A2 MLODs and we are now sorting out or plan of attack...

I'm testing the latest build M1lkm8n has sent me. I'm going to have a couple days of going through it... then we should be good for a final build and signing/release.

We will have adjust our license, the source files we were originally provided with are now part of the MLODs so now I believe we must share our source? However we use some paid content, which we can not share.

Yes we're currently buttoning up our latest and possibly final build before moving to a3. There's lots of improvements in here including all of our assets that are opened having animated doors and breakable glass.

It's going to be a big release there are many new buildings opened up. But with the release of the a2 mlods we feel its probably time to start thinking of a3. We'll continue to work on sahrani there.

Thanks to everyone who helped and played our a2 version. We hope it brought you guys as much enjoyment as it brought us creating for it. Stay tuned for the next a2 version update and hopefully you'll follow us into our a3 version.

thanks for your efforts, a great map to use garrison scripts on.

I have downloaded the most recent version. I can for example see the barracks but I con not enter them. All the doors and windows are locked. Am I missing something?

I have downloaded the most recent version. I can for example see the barracks but I con not enter them. All the doors and windows are locked. Am I missing something?

Not all buildings are enter able yet. And some if you've seen my YouTube videos are not on the terrain yet but will be in the next update.

(On a side note..when moving out version into A3 all buildings will be made enter able )

Not all buildings are enter able yet. And some if you've seen my YouTube videos are not on the terrain yet but will be in the next update.

(On a side note..when moving out version into A3 all buildings will be made enter able )

I hope that the A2 users also will get all buildings enterable some day, after all the difference between the A2 and A3 models can't be that giant. :)

Sorry for the drop in updates! We have been quite busy planning, and M1lkm8n as always is cranking away.

Our future work will be centered around A3, however I will ensure that we also continue to update the A2 map as well.

Although realistically we're going to put out this next release, and then be focused on getting a purpose built A3 Sahrani Addon out ASAP.

This will put the building work on the back burner, however we hope to get a few more guys trained to help out with that while M1lkm8n focuses on the terrain.

I will ensure that I learn the required steps to "back port" any/all buildings we do for A3 to A2 (should just involve deleting some LOD's and re-packing them into an A2 PBO).

I am still on vacation and have not had a chance to touch base with M1lkm8n, so not sure of the timeline for release on this build but it should be very shortly (2-3 weeks) after my return in the new year.

Big thanks to all who've been following along, and a very happy New Year to all!

Thanks for your (the team) great work and a happy new year to you and all! I am looking forward to the update and for the A3 release too. I did a port of Domination to your fantastic island a while back but left it for ages, I just need to finish off some Side Missions as well as make an extra version with your assets pack then I will share it with all of you! I should be able to get these done by tonight.

Dirty Haz