Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

Sahrani is based on the Azore Islands: http://www.visitazores.com/en/the-azores/the-9-islands

I've spent some time trying to figure out from Google maps if they've actually used portions of the real islands and stitched them together... it looks SORT of like they have... but could also be ground up... Pita AF and the whole of SW Northern Sahrani looks almost identical to Terciera and, Southern Sahrani looks a TON like a rotated Santa Maria.. not identical but pretty close for sure.

Here's a not so hot graphic I put together to make it look like Sahrani Showed up on Google Maps:

http://imgur.com/a/X0CR4#1

On the narration, those are all clips from Arma 1 Marian Quandt.

I'm going to really nose to the grindstone to try to get this package out this weekend. It's really improved. The 4 story apartments shouldn't have gone in, and several of M1lkm8n's new buildings are included and placed all by hand... so not ALL of the old A1 un-enterable versions are gone. That is the plan provided the ground levels allow it. But it's a tedious process. We don't want to create more placement issues.

I'm trying to get all the files sorted and configured so we can get all the source up to an open github account. That way ANY terrain maker can start using/placing our now enterable buildings...

We've got glass in a lot of the buildings now, but still need to button down the shattering upon being shot... we've designed the House_y so that once the window is shot out, you can vault out of the building.

Our group is pretty stretched thin at this point too, so if anyone experiences, or eager to learn wants to contribute get in touch with me and I'll try to evaluate your skills and get you on some tasks!

Armaversity got put on hold again, M1lkm8n wanted to focus on the map, the buildings, oh and having his 2nd child lol...

We have TONS of goals, so really ANY skills that any of you have I can take advantage of...

On the other maps, and also in regards to some Q's about some of our vehicle textures...

I've gotten a couple replies from BI and I think for now the plan is to continue work on Sahrani, the buildings, and textures... Once the A2 Mlod is released we can evaluate what is available, and then go from there. I doubt that terrain samples will be included, but if they are... we will wait and see if another group wants to take up that task...

If there are no terrain samples released with the A2 Mlod, we will begin an quick/aggressive retouch of any/all A2 buildings we want to use but need to strip the krylic off of... then we will re-approach about doing Porto.... Rahmadi, we could technically do right now, and were actually thinking about sneaking it in to a release as a surprise at one point... But I'd like to reconfirm that's OK by BI (I'm sure it is) and also want to see if they can dig up the source files we'd need to make it a lot easier done than reconstructing it on our own.

We've had a pretty clear vision for our timeline and goals for a long time, and to date we're meeting or exceeding them internally... so I'm pleased for sure, but know that is largely due to our realistic goals and expectations. Porto and Rahmadi are both wonderful terrains we'd love to bring up to current standards, but we're really only reaching our "starting point" for Sahrani right now.

Provided it's allowed by BI I can say for sure, our little group will continue to do everything in our power to bring more of A1 up to A2/OA and even A3 standards... Sahrani has wedged it's way into my heart in a way I don't think I could ever verbalize.

New Version to Download, links on the frontpage have been updated, and Foxhound has been notified...

put together a little video showing most of the buildings (not all) and their features... there have been some placement issues fixed as well, changelog etc all updated... An updated SMD_Assets Pack will be put together in the next week or so... then the building pack. We'd like to get shattering glass ironed out before putting the building pack out.

ENJOY!

Thanks a lot for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have "connected" the downloadpage to your account (M1lkm8n) on Armaholic.

We have "connected" the newspage to your account (NonovUrbizniz) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Well that’s astonishing, great work by the team there. Its making Sahrani a must ‘re-visit’ island for any arma enthusiast.

Thanks to all the team for their great work.:)

Absolutely awesome stuff guys!

I took refuge in that newly-enhanced "benzina_schnell" while under heavy fire - something that simply wouldn't have been possible before.

(of course, I was then subsequently killed while playing with the animated main door) :D

Terrific work guys!

B

Oscar Mike Golf! Effin A-mazing! Keep up the good work because this is simply awesome!!! Thank You for this!

Absolutely awesome stuff guys!

I took refuge in that newly-enhanced "benzina_schnell" while under heavy fire - something that simply wouldn't have been possible before.

(of course, I was then subsequently killed while playing with the animated main door) :D

Terrific work guys!

B

My new favorite thing to do is to open a shutter on the now open single story building from the outside.... and lob a grenade in lol.

Couldn't resist a quick vid:

My new favorite thing to do is to open a shutter on the now open single story building from the outside.... and lob a grenade in lol.

Haha just don't miss your mark and end up with that grenade resting between your feet.

Awesome..Thank you guys for this great update

Why removed Building - dum_istan_02_open in version 0.80? I liked it... Great MOD waiting for further updates ;)

Why removed Building - dum_istan_02_open in version 0.80? I liked it... Great MOD waiting for further updates ;)

We removed the building because we didn't think it was 100%. We're going to change the floor plan around then place it back on the terrain.

And... TIME!!!! M1lkm8n has mastered the last technique we wanted to have included for all the buildings.

He will take all the buildings we've done up to this point and bring them all up to standard.

Shattering Glass (he believes he can make it so there is broken glass debri left below the window after as well)

Once all the buildings we've started are up to this standard I will package the PBO and open up the github, We hope to have a tutorial documented as well so that others can take up the same work!

Just another reason why you need to try this updated version of sahrani...although this building with the glass has not made its way to a public release yet :)

Oh and did I mention no rpt. Errors =p

Edited by M1lkm8n

Shooting out the glass is a really nice feature, sadly missing in A2 in general, but present in A3. Things like this just serve to add more and more immersion, as with opening up the buildings, its all just great, so a big thanks..;)

Is there anyway to open the hangar doors on mission start? I have tried doing something like this but it is not working because it is not a default hangar I think and the classname is different? I did look inside the config but still could not get it to work.

Dirty Haz

Is there anyway to open the hangar doors on mission start? I have tried doing something like this but it is not working because it is not a default hangar I think and the classname is different? I did look inside the config but still could not get it to work.

Dirty Haz

The hanger door is comprised of several "door" pieces. I believe they are named door1-6. Setting them all to "door#", "1" should open them all up.

I am however going to open all of our building doors to be open on mission start just like bis standard doors. I was told that is usually the norm with buildings so next update it will be done that way.

That's good news. I was worried about that thing since I saw your last video.

good job, thanks :thumb:

but i have small error:

The hangars have an error in the shadow LOD.

I have going along shadows (dark boxes) at the hangars.

Control the shadow lod on missing triangles or proxys.

https://vkbqpw.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pfC75J2xYo8P5PlllfKQ7pcjK1rtePKelY2B5ZG2BrEzsSi6O7T1H6MyHT_74C-Mc2UfFKkbN1ppACHs2Iq8DbPPyJBWexcycPtt13hcF2Do/shadowlod.png (1543 kB)

Greetings from S@ndBob

good job, thanks :thumb:

but i have small error:

The hangars have an error in the shadow LOD.

I have going along shadows (dark boxes) at the hangars.

Control the shadow lod on missing triangles or proxys.

https://vkbqpw.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pfC75J2xYo8P5PlllfKQ7pcjK1rtePKelY2B5ZG2BrEzsSi6O7T1H6MyHT_74C-Mc2UfFKkbN1ppACHs2Iq8DbPPyJBWexcycPtt13hcF2Do/shadowlod.png (1543 kB)

Greetings from S@ndBob

Thanks for the report! l will look into this.

Sorry if it was asked before, but are you going to make this island compatible with Ambient Modules?

By the way, I tried putting ambient modules on 3 cities, 2 of them spawn civillians but Paraiso did not spawn any civillian but only cars, any idea why and how to fix this?

Edit: Masbete aswell...

Edited by eran100