Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

Yes it works with the new key. Anyway would be nice to have it included in the download as the bisigns are also included.

You could create a folder named "OnlyforServerOwners" and put the bikey inside.

cheers and keep up the good work.....;)

That's weird but we should have an update out in a day or so to fix a few (what are considered) major issues. Mainly being a few of our building not being changed to our smd prefix which can cause our buildings to over write other terrains buildings.

But included in this update with be the new smd_dum_olez_istan2!

Which is populated around most of southern sahrani.

Here's a peek

You make your enemy AI too easy..;) mine would be using those huts..

Great to see buildings opening up.:)

You make your enemy AI too easy..;) mine would be using those huts..

Great to see buildings opening up.:)

Haha I can't make them too hard I don't want to die demonstration the building

Guys, very nice work, I actually learned about this "new" Sahrani port while making my customized Domination mission for old @CAA1 mod Sahrani, so I quickly moved to this new Sahrani. (If anyone interested in download, you can get it here on my humble blog):

http://networkgeekstuff.com/hobby/arma2-domination-co-op-with-all-dlcs-on-smd-or-caa1-sahrani/

http://networkgeekstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1.png (129 kB)

ZerXen2;2496773']Guys' date=' very nice work, I actually learned about this "new" Sahrani port while making my customized Domination mission for old @CAA1 mod Sahrani, so I quickly moved to this new Sahrani. (If anyone interested in download, you can get it here on my humble blog):

http://networkgeekstuff.com/hobby/arma2-domination-co-op-with-all-dlcs-on-smd-or-caa1-sahrani/

http://networkgeekstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1.png (129 kB)

Fantastic news! Can't wait to check this out! Thanks.

We should have an update out tonight or tomorrow. I just wanted to button up a few more things before handing it off to nonov(cifor)

@clafghan is the culprit. It took me a while to track it down. :)

Its not just this island. I am not running it and still get the error. Currently working my way thru my addon folders to work out what file is causing it.

Ok for the info of other people with the ca\plants\jablon_3_non.paa the conflict is caused by.....

opxplants.pbo

So any island that requires this file to work, clafghan for example, you will have the error.

Ok for the info of other people with the ca\plants\jablon_3_non.paa the conflict is caused by.....

opxplants.pbo

So any island that requires this file to work, clafghan for example, you will have the error.

I will grab that addon and see what exactly is causing that error.

The map is so awesome guys, thank you so much for it. :D Is there any chance that we will see Porto as well? :)

The map is so awesome guys, thank you so much for it. :D Is there any chance that we will see Porto as well? :)

When we got the files we got, it was sort of a perfect storm moment, I can put in an additional request for Porto, but my guess is as follows:

1. They are rightfully busy with other things and will not have time

2. They may be in the middle of deciding whether or not to release some A1 terrains as MLOD samples

#2 is a COMPLETE stab in the dark, #1 is almost for sure.

I will send out an official request in the next couple days and see where it goes, but with BI I've found it takes a perfect combination of patience, persistence, luck, and timing.

Thanks so much for the kind words, we should have another version buttoned up here in the next few days, then will circle the wagons on the buildings completed so far, and release them as a package for map makers to use.

Hopefully begin the Armaversity training sessions and get some more eager modders to work!

Just tried to test this awhile ago an get this error any ideas? Thanx. Throws up error than ArmA2 shuts down. Sorted thanx.

th_SahraniError_zps9f7f0b2a.png

Edited by Call_911

Well folks, we've got another update in the pipe with a few new buildings by M1lkM8n.

I'm not sure even how to quantify how much of this project is his work alone... Map, Majority of the buildings, and all of the configs, and animations for destructions...

The SMD_Assets release has basically everything that he didn't do which is the smallest pbo!

We are working on getting Pliskin back to making some SLA units which have been requested but he's been quite busy with work and unable to dedicate any time.

The main programmer, and other building modeller are back at work/school respectively, and I myself am likely going to be going back to work.

We should have the next version of the map out within a week or two at most and it should be VERY polished, and have quite a few more enterable buildings.

+++

ArmaVersity had it's first test run session last night!!!

It was VERY exciting, two guys who are competent 3d modellers began getting trained by M1lkm8n on the steps required to take a building from the A1 MLOD, and build out all the LODs in O2 and get it 100 percent ready for in game use.

We are going to have these same two do 2-3 more sessions on buildings that are nearly identical so they are all reaching the same steps at the same point... hopefully by the end of 2-3 sessions we have 3 new enterabil buildings with all the LOD's AND 2 FULLY TRAINED new eager modellers ready to give back.

I will be monitoring and recording the sessions in order to build tutorials that should be AMAZINGLY easy to follow for any kind of learner...

One thing I've found is the Youtube video tutorials are not well documented enough, and the written tutorials lack visual aides to make it more clear.

I am also in the middle of preparing a VERY basic Mission/Cinematic Tutorial with some examples packaged in SMD Sahrani, DayZ Sahrani, AND the SMD_Assets package.

Due to permissions and lack of support for dependencies in most DayZ launchers we will likely have to splinter the SMD_Assets packages to SMDZ_Assets and SMD_Assets to avoid you arma folks getting all kinds of lovely "Cannot load zombie animations" warnings lol... I'm sure that would go over well...

You should probably be hired for the PPRR department at BI :). Top notch comm skills...

Mini update, We are pulling the large apartment buildings (dum_istan2_01) for now, they have a strange floorplan and shadow LOD issues... Original modeller is a college student and just back to school recently so it will be redone/fixed in due course.

In the meantime M1lkm8n the one man Dev Team has finished up several buildings.

- dum_olez_istan2

- dum_olez_istan1

- bouda_plech

both with 2 different versions with the furniture proxied in differently in each so they don't all look the same, functioning shutters, glass and doors obviously.

Should have a version ready for Thursday or Friday. This will also have a few other bug fixes as well.

We have actually decided to take the time to make United Sahrani as well.

After this next release, we will begin making all the changes made for United Sahrani... THEN we will begin making the map changes for the DayZ Version we have planned.

It will reflect a total Unification of Sahrani including removal of all propaganda posters, and statues, removal/repair of ALL bombed/burned out buildings, complete removal of all tank traps, wrecks, and other clutter.... We will also expand/repair ALL the outlying islands, and many of the towns and cities are going to get expanded, as well as the addition of a few all new towns....

There will be quite a robust story taking the players from the end of United Sahrani right up until the moment DayZ begins on Sahrani. (sorry lol)... The idea is that we can use systems already built into DayZ code to affect the evidence of a catastrophe. So the map should be able to coexist in both Arma and DayZ.

These will simply be additional selectable maps in the editor.

Phew.... what a week, I've got the latest build from M1lkm8n and am giving it a solid once over. It looks really good, there are so many more enterable buildings it's amazing, even with the pulled apartment buildings. Those will be a great addition once they're sorted out, but right now they are not close enough for inclusion.

M1lkm8n again the hero of the project, is cranking out the work, and has added glass to several of the previously opened buildings.

Many of the buildings that have had portions fixed, still require more work to be 100 percent up to standard, but considering where the map started out, it's essentially an entirely new experience.

The entire map is more complete from head to toe at this point.

I will put together another video here shortly.

Sounds great, cannot wait for the update

Confirmed smd_sahrani_a2 works GLORIOUSLY well with AiA, once again, kju's trailblazing work offers benefit to so many modders, and players alike... I did not get the vilas units to load properly, but I also did not spend any time trying.

Here are some quick shots I took I will throw together a video but need to get some more cinematic mission editing skills down pat first. Should have a decent effort up tomorrow night. Hopefully I can get the terrain and asset files all signed and packaged for tomorrow or the weekend latest.

Here are some fresh shots (larger/more pictures available in our Imgur album if you want to poke around as well):

hynEFrdl.jpg

Cq0sWZ7l.jpg

GU3nzj5l.jpg

CcJB9yul.jpg

Will update tomorrow for a schedule on the release. M1lkm8n is pretty close to finishing these:

So we have to decide whether to include them in the release and delay it a couple days, or just put it out now.

I in the meantime have put this little video together as well:

Still have to configure the SLA units that Plisken finished up as well:

FlLsnFSl.png

Wow, how did I miss this, downloading right now, very good job, i watched all the videos, i love Sahrani wish it were a real place, is it?

But great job on all the work you guys have done on this island.

Not sure if its been asked but are you guy going to do some of the other vanilla Arma1 islands like Ramadi, porto?

Great videos, like the hanger door movement/shadow etc.

Second video great too, who did the voice over, very good.

As Gunter says Porto would be a great one to do, it works well now in A2, but a new fresh makeover would be really nice.

Love these islands, some of the best BI have done so far.

:)