Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

SMD_Sara_A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Initial Release

*tears of joy*

It's...beautiful.

Thanks for doing this!

Fantastic news! Thank you for playing!

Oh and more to come! We're currently making more buildings enterable. Such as the kostel2(big orange church. Complete with animated destruction.)

Well done to the team!. Thank you for this awesome port of my fav BI map ever!

Edit -> I get the following ca\plants\jablon_3_non.paa error also on first loading the island into the editor. Will laod it up in vanilla CO and see if i get the error.

PS after running around the island for an hour---Its jut how i remember it thanks for the hard work again.

Edited by sv5000

We are in contact with kju, I know he has been VERY busy, as have we. So right now I'm not entirely sure on AiA support/functionality, I will have to spend some time looking into it myself, as I have been shoehorning it into A3 by way of the A2 addons method just out of shear laziness.

Too many projects, not enough time.

We REALLY would love to have anyone from the community here who wants to help with cutscenes, missions, porting the A1 campaign in full, ANY project like that team up! We have a few groups running right now which you can find some detail about in the other thread as well as my sig.

Thanks for all the kind words folks! We can't wait to hear your reactions to playing the map!

As a Sahrani LOVER I can say personally I'm quite happy with where it is considering we take this as the STARTING point for the map in A2, and a great staging ground for where we want things to be when we do a full A3 version for all to enjoy!

I am not sure how we will handle issue tracking but I'm thinking Dev-Heaven might be the way since that is the go to here.

Thanks to kju, mikero, sickboy, snakeman, and Foxhound for providing all these amazing external resources.

I am going to port Xeno's Domination to this wonderful map!

Dirty Haz

This is seriously great! I didn't play arma1 so I don't know if this was in there or is similar or whatever. But it looks great. The best part is that it is playable. There are a lot of islands out there that look good but isn't so playable, or placements of things are bad. This is good. The colors and placement of everything is good. AI drive on bridges. There is only one problem. And for me it can be kind of big, but maybe not. There are very few open buildings. Everything has to be done out of buildings. Any plans on replacing anything with A2 or OA buildings?

Thanks to everyone involved in this.

... Any plans on replacing anything with A2 or OA buildings.

We are in the works of opening up many buildings. Future updates will hold these. Thanks for the feedback :)

Question: Sahrani was part of @caa2 and already available for me. What is the difference?

TIA, Michael

Question: Sahrani was part of @caa2 and already available for me. What is the difference?

TIA, Michael

Our version is independent of the caa1 mod. It is completely standalone in arma2 co.

It features such things as new higher resolution ground textures many more enterable buildings.

Try it. You won't be disappointed :)

Thanks for your work. It is a great island indeed.

PS: I'm eagerly waiting for more enterable buildings.

What changes exactly have been made to facilitate the use of AI exactly, if I might ask?

I have just converted one of the old ArmA CTF maps, and every object (extra houses, fortifications, etc) just fell into place.

I'm using the the island together with CWR2 and so far so good.

Now let's just wait for further improvements regarding the enterable buildings and this will be more than perfect.

Awesome job. :yay:

Lots of models were missing pathing. Some of it was down to Geometry errors. Others collisions, roadways, etc etc etc... basically a lot of the models are not "done". The 2 story Panalck red brick apartment building where you can run through the ladder at the top of hte stairs just needs the latter pulled out from the wall a couple mm's.. lots of little stuff that gets figured out with a little tinkering and advice.

Even our reworked one's still need some re-working. Truth be told it's a real PITA to make a robust fully formed, dynamic structure in Arma, even a "simple" one

There are currently way more enterable buildings than Caa1/A1 Sahrani, as we have swapped what are essentially identical buildings with one being closed and the other open. We only call the open version. That increases percentage of open buildings in cities drastically. Add to that the Garaz Mala, House Y and the Schnell gas station, and we're doing good for an initial release.

Currently we have another 5-10 buildings in various stages of readiness. Should have another batch of buildings ready for release in about a month, but I would like to focus on clearing up any issues that have arisen without our notice by opening up the ones we already have.

For instance many of the HouseY buildings are inundated with shrubbery. So we have to setup a reporting system for folks. I like the idea of a dynamic map, but don't have the time to look into it now or in the near future.

We have a public github setup for the building project but I have not had time to organize the finished models well enough to populate it with what we've done so far. Plus as I said some need some more finalization, Like Glass in the HouseY would be nice etc.

So in regard to the ca\plants\jablon_3_non.paa error. I booted up a clean vanilla A2:CO with all dlc and latest non beta patch and i did not get the error. So all good.

Now I just have to find what caused it for me

Are you guys thinking of making an intro vid for the island for the menu screen?

So in regard to the ca\plants\jablon_3_non.paa error. I booted up a clean vanilla A2:CO with all dlc and latest non beta patch and i did not get the error. So all good.

Are you guys thinking of making an intro vid for the island for the menu screen?

yes its on the list of many things to do.

Too Good,

Did i mention already how awesome this map is...Many thanks again guys..

Just to expound a bit, we would LOVE to eventually include the original campaign missions, and not just that. For our DayZ project we would like to do missions that tell the story that bridges the gap between United Sahrani and our DayZ Sahrani.

But that's all VERY back burner, we only have one member of the team who is good enough at mission making to even give that a go, but it's not a top priority for us right now.

Getting intro scenes for the A2 version and the DayZ Version ARE though, so if anyone wants to assist with that we'd LOVE it.

We have a guy who will take the time to do it but it's not on his top priorities list either lol.

I love it! My wholehearted thanks that you spend your time for giving this to us.

BTW, will we see Sahrani on Arma III - I mean as a native A3 map; generally spoken: Are tools to convert/create maps for A3 already available?

I'm sure M1lkm8n will have a bit more detail, but...

1. A3 = FOR SURE eventually

2. Tools avails = Not yet, not sure when

3. There are "options" to make a quick/dirty A3 version, but the benefit might not outweigh the difficulties...

I'm a big proponent of the quick and dirty, but I also just point fingers and say "make is so"... but I'm not cool like Picard, so I get ignored a bunch.

Right now, our internal goals are prioritized as below:

1. Get the A2 version of our map integrated into our DayZ Mod to end the dependency on Caa1

2. Collect bug reports and object placement error reports from players and correcting them

3. Build out the map for DayZ play/our story, we will make this version fully available for anyone to use as well.

Congratulations on this release. Unfortunately im unable to try it out just now, as i'm not on my own PC. I was just wondering, are the re-textures of Units (Black, UN Variants etc.) also included in this Pack, or is it the Map only? If so, will they be released seperately?

1. Get the A2 version of our map integrated into our DayZ Mod to end the dependency on Caa1

That wasn't cleared out from the beginning. It took me some time to figure out the difference between your project and the CAA1 version of the map. As it has been pointed out, many of us have been playing Sahrani for a long time now in Arma 2 via CAA1. I see the corrected errors of the original map and the enterable buildings the big up points of your version of Sahrani. Maybe you should state those things in the description in the first page?

Congratulations on this release. Unfortunately im unable to try it out just now, as i'm not on my own PC. I was just wondering, are the re-textures of Units (Black, UN Variants etc.) also included in this Pack, or is it the Map only? If so, will they be released seperately?

No in this package is just the terrain. I think he is working on getting together a pbo with all the retexed stuff.

I love it! My wholehearted thanks that you spend your time for giving this to us.

BTW, will we see Sahrani on Arma III - I mean as a native A3 map; generally spoken: Are tools to convert/create maps for A3 already available?

yes we will be bringing sahrani into a3 eventually although the new tools are not out yet. Currently we want to get the A2 version totally finished first. When it comes to A3 there are a lot of changed that will need to be made such as roads (they are no longer objects they are placed by shapefiles) and we really want to bring the sat map up to a higher resolution which will take some time.

im currently finishing up another update to the map that should fix most placement errors. ive also fixed many buildings that had their back doors halfway into the ground by adding stairs to the outsides of the buildings. the new update should be finished in a day or so.

I have been pottering around having a look, not had time to do any new missions or really look properly yet. However, I have not seen any new open buildings yet, any pointers toward some apartments or what have you would be appreciated (location), until I get time for a proper look, not lazy just testing a new AI mod and haven't had time.

Thanks.:)

Currently housey, the gas station, the ammostore, and the garage mala I believe are the only ones opened up. There's a larger apartment building that finished that I'm placing down and will be included in the next update. It's an opened version of the dum_istan_01 I believe.

There was a villa(Guba house object) in the remote area in North Sahrani around Selva Crest and Selva Base if I'm not mistaken.That place was always my hidey hole or base of operations.:D

Any chance you could add it in the future?

EDIT:I've set up a small mission,after saving in mission and loading(died) I end up in the sky and dropping into the ocean with my team.The weird thing is after checking the map it's the Thirsk winter version.

AI still has problems crossing some bridges(didn't had time to test all) but the bridge in Corazol and the one near Obregan(ID 26861) are problematic.

Edited by Krycek