Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

A dumb mod: Swim Stratis

This is pretty stupid, but what it does is add a doomsday level tide to stratis. Depending on the time/moon the tide will come in and flood stratis completely. Might be good for a laugh. It will generally destroy any existing mission haha because all the guys will be underwater.

swimarma1.jpg

swimarma2.jpg

swimarma3.jpg

http://www.sakumods.armaholic.com/Arma3/sakuswimarma/sakuswimarma.pbo

it is so small it is just the .pbo

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: I will also sent you a PM.

I like simple modifications with huge effect. You have made a perfect underwaterworld. Many thanks!

I swam around for a bit. pretty cool! :D thanks for releasing it. B)

mmgaJGol.jpg

Edited by ltsThomas

Hahaha great! You should make it so that the moon is HUGE. Thats the only reason the tides would go up that high lol!

I feel dumb but I can't seem to get this to work. Is there a specific date and time that's ideal for this mod?

EDIT: Turns out I am dumb. I simply forgot to create an Addons folder in the mod directory for the pbo. Thanks so much for this ridiculous thing.

Edited by Thater

Interesting - using MaxTide for effect.

NOT dumb - actually quite a good idea as you can simulate a flooded terrain scenario, or some other water-based event.

I can imagine a dam breaking mission making use of this. "On dam break" set the tides higher by date manipulation in a script.

hey this could be cool for SAR missions, hopefully the ArmA 2 modders who created the coast guard jayhawks will create new ones.

Just tested this concept out on Altis,

MaxTide=25

is basically the perfect amount for rooftop rescue scenarios in the towns/cities (for midday).

Edited by HikaruM

Nice! Will the fish swim around flooded buildings, or are they bound to the "real" ocean ?

Now I wish that the SDAR could accept attachments, particularly the flashlight... Stratis Air Base is spooky with this mod enabled. I admittedly gotta ask, is there a way that said MaxTide/water level can be dynamic during a mission, i.e. "for a mission where the map slowly gets smaller, forcing players to smaller areas"? That was one of the inquiries on another site in response to this mod, along with these:

That's... amazing. Underwater urban combat/Search&Recover, anyone?
Could that tide setting be dynamic? Could be cool for a mission where the map slowly gets smaller, forcing players to smaller areas. Last man standing. Sort of like that movie Battle Royale.
mix it up with heaviest nighttime thunderstorm you can make for a Hard Rain scenario, boating through the streets while being chased by the enemy

FYI

MaxTide = 3;

This will flood the main canal in the large town beside the base, and fill the canal all the way to the tunnel opening at the inland base.

Minimal flooding of town only in area where you'd expect it, so it looks natural.