Sign in to follow this  
iandes

Mods and multiplayer servers

Hello,

I have a lot of Single player mods on ArmA which isn't so handy if I want to join multiplayer servers. Now I've made a second ArmA map without mods installed and use that with my launcher. But I still have problems joining most servers. I use the steam version but don't lauch the game with steam but with "ArmA II Game Launcher by SpiritedMachine". Can anyone help? I added a screenshot of the error I get.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Another post so I can add the image:

7lx6.jpg

Hello,

I would try to run without the launcher and without mods to make sure you can join a server first then try with just steam startup itself.

The server you are trying to join requires that the files you are using to be signed, suggest try another server.

keep in mind that if you are trying to join a server that doesn't have addon and mods on it, but you do, unless your addons and mods

your running effect nothing but gameplay, and not add new guns or something then you should be able to join the server.

If you are running addons that do add weapons for example and the server is not then its very possible that you will not be able to join,

most likely you should be able to but you wont see your weapons ingame because the mission you are to play need the same weapons in it,

and thats up to the maker of the mission, and of course the server owner/admin.

I've made a diffrent map with ArmA and OA in without any mods and pick that as the game folders in my laucher. But whether I pick that one or the normal one with the mods in it still seems to put them toghether. I guess it will have to be these few servers, deleting the mods or finding another way.

EDIT: ok, I looked at all my mods and at the errors looking what needed a key/deleted and it is fixed now, I can join all servers. Thanks for the help Günter!

Edited by iandes