Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

From the creators of Stratis Life: ArmA 3 Life

Gnat;2543177']Nice bunch of smart-ass replys .... I'm not suggesting anyone is "selling" my plane' date=' I'm suggesting its being used within a pack, a pack that requires a "donation" to play.

- If ANYONE can join your (?) server and DOES NOT have to "donate" or any other form of "exchange", fine, it may not be an issue.

- If anyone can start their own server and host this A3L pack, and it DOES NOT require a "donation" or any other form of "exchange", fine, it may not be an issue.

But, any restricted access that requires some form of remuneration to play ANY pack that contains my addons is "commercial" and therefore not permitted.

Simple solution, find someone else's addon to use.[/quote']

Gnat, you understand bad the situation.

Let me try to explain you.

Servers are of course open. No one need to pay nothing. Only price you have to pay for playing Arma 3 Life is Arma 3.

Donations are asked for helping paying the servers, but are not mandatory for anything. A3L have a system which use a SQL database and our website to administrate all the things. That's why, at the very first, all servers have to be hosted by the Arma 3 Life. Is some kind like DayZ, where you use to have a common hive for all the servers, and if you play in one on another, you have the same stats. That's what would be happening at the start at ArmA 3 Life.

I'm saying this because your second statment. At the start, people would be able to use the mod it self (Addons) into another servers, but not with the A3L mission, due to this thing I told you. Maybe in the future, the programming team comes with an idea on how allow other communitys to have their own server and hives, but at the start, with Betas and so on, have to be only A3L servers.

So, as I was telling. Donations are not needed. But, in gratitude with the guys who donate to helping the servers run, in game they receive better paychecks, access to some weapons/vehicles BEFORE the other people do...

What I'm trying to say is that Arma 3 Life is not a payware mod, and won't be. No commercial use is done. A3L is not earning any money with this. All money goes to the servers.

Hope you all get the idea better now, but as Phelps said, your Cessna will be removed from the mod to avoid problems.

What can you do skowt?

I own a webhosting business and I have experience working with server systems, mainly Linux CentOS. I also work for a hosting company that hosts 400+ Minecraft servers.

Servers are of course open. No one need to pay nothing. Only price you have to pay for playing Arma 3 Life is Arma 3.

Donations are asked for helping paying the servers, but are not mandatory for anything. A3L have a system which use a SQL database and our website to administrate all the things. That's why, at the very first, all servers have to be hosted by the Arma 3 Life. Is some kind like DayZ, where you use to have a common hive for all the servers, and if you play in one on another, you have the same stats. That's what would be happening at the start at ArmA 3 Life.

I'm saying this because your second statment. At the start, people would be able to use the mod it self (Addons) into another servers, but not with the A3L mission, due to this thing I told you. Maybe in the future, the programming team comes with an idea on how allow other communitys to have their own server and hives, but at the start, with Betas and so on, have to be only A3L servers.

So, as I was telling. Donations are not needed. But, in gratitude with the guys who donate to helping the servers run, in game they receive better paychecks, access to some weapons/vehicles BEFORE the other people do...

What I'm trying to say is that Arma 3 Life is not a payware mod, and won't be. No commercial use is done. A3L is not earning any money with this. All money goes to the servers.

Hope you all get the idea better now, but as Phelps said, your Cessna will be removed from the mod to avoid problems.

Thank you Tisor for the detailed explanation, appreciated.

Do you have any official role with the A3L mod?

If you do, then I am satisfied with the detail and the A3L mod can continue to use the Cessna.

If you aren't officially linked to the A3L mod, then I expect the same explanation or 100% confirmation from someone who is.

Thanks!

Gnat;2543229']Thank you Tisor for the detailed explanation' date=' appreciated.

Do you have any official role with the A3L mod?

If you do, then I am satisfied with the detail and the A3L mod can continue to use the Cessna.

If you aren't officially linked to the A3L mod, then I expect the same explanation or 100% confirmation from someone who is.

Thanks![/quote']

Gnat, some weeks ago I started making some models unofficialy for them. This week I've joined the team as Model Developer. This is the idea they gave to me of the mod, and I'm 99% sure will work like that. What I'm 200% sure is that everyone is welcome to play without any commercial cost. You just need to fill a form to check you have read the rules and understand the roleplay, and you are welcome to play. Donations are optional and just for covering server costs.

Gnat, the word "donation" means gift, non compulsory, given in free will. No one is forced to pay - people can pay if they love the mod and want to support the server costs.

If it was compulsory and a requirement for entry to the server then it wouldn't be called a "donation", it would be called a "fee".

Sorry to butt into this discussion but I just wanted to make sure you understood that it really is just a donation. Just like every other gaming community runs on donations too.

Edited by HighwayStar

Gnat, the word "donation" means gift, non compulsory, given in free will. No one is forced to pay - people can pay if they love the mod and want to support the server costs.

If it was compulsory and a requirement for entry to the server then it wouldn't be called a "donation", it would be called a "fee".

Sorry to butt into this discussion but I just wanted to make sure you understood that it really is just a donation. Just like every other gaming community runs on donations too.

To be fair to Gnat, he can't infer what's really going on just by which words are being used. Just because someone uses the word 'donation' doesn't mean it's being applied in the truest sense to its dictionary definition. You could be asked to pay a donation in order to participate on a server or in a community. Gnat is just being proactive in trying to keep his work free to the community.

To be fair to Gnat, he can't infer what's really going on just by which words are being used. Just because someone uses the word 'donation' doesn't mean it's being applied in the truest sense to its dictionary definition. You could be asked to pay a donation in order to participate on a server or in a community. Gnat is just being proactive in trying to keep his work free to the community.

Understandable. But as stated by Tisor, we are accepting the first applicants based on their activity in our forums and their responses to our questions. The reason we have a donation that allows them into the beta is once we have officially stopped accepting people into the beta but they still donate we give them a sign of our appreciation. No one has to pay for anything to play the mod. If they are active and on all the time then we will gladly allow them into our private betas so players have the choice of two routes to get in. Hope this clears things up. We are not charging for vehicles or anything of that nature. It's just to help us with our servers.

Understandable. But as stated by Tisor, we are accepting the first applicants based on their activity in our forums and their responses to our questions. The reason we have a donation that allows them into the beta is once we have officially stopped accepting people into the beta but they still donate we give them a sign of our appreciation. No one has to pay for anything to play the mod. If they are active and on all the time then we will gladly allow them into our private betas so players have the choice of two routes to get in. Hope this clears things up. We are not charging for vehicles or anything of that nature. It's just to help us with our servers.

Thanks for the clarifications. I'm assuming your "Public Relations" sig is not a joke.

We are not charging for vehicles

AGAIN, thats what you thought I said.

FYI: Very timely news from Armaholic

Addon Makers for Authors' Rights (AMAR)

@BadHabitz

Thanks, yes, exactly.

K. Bergholdt;2544079']Hey' date=' i'm interested in joining the beta, how do I join?[/quote']

"The reason we have a donation that allows them into the beta is once we have officially stopped accepting people into the beta but they still donate we give them a sign of our appreciation. No one has to pay for anything to play the mod. If they are active and on all the time then we will gladly allow them into our private betas so players have the choice of two routes to get in."

:cool:

K. Bergholdt;2544079']Hey' date=' i'm interested in joining the beta, how do I join?[/quote']

Sign up for this site: http://arma3-life.com/ (the site may be down sometimes or 'under construction' - early days :D)

You should also visit the forums and sign up there too http://arma3-life.com/forums/ (use the same username when registering for both sites).

Edited by HighwayStar

Good luck guys with your modpack. If you are interested we could get in touch via TeamSpeak or PM and maybe help each other?

Many Thanks.

Hey everyone, our web developer Vepr made a awesome skin to fit the holiday spirit of halloween! We also updated the forum skins to we hope ya enjoy it!

http://arma3-life.com/

We are now accepting people into the beta! Sign up on the forums and check the announcements topic about it if you wish to play.

A3L Administration,

Phelps.

Two posts deleted.

There will be no "wars" fought out on this forum.

Forums are back up as well as our TS! TS info is ts3.arma3-life.com

I would love to test this out.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

I would love to test this out.

Hello everyone. Axios here.

I am currently the head developer for Arma 3 life. And im looking for anyone who is familiar with oxygen 2 for arma 3. Or scripting of any sort please feel free to contact me on Arma3-life.com

Hello,

We apologise for the lack of updates via this thread but I'll give you a quick update on what's going on...

If you didn't know already our server was online for around a month as more of a public testing thing, although the server is currently down in till our next larger update is released (soon).

In the update there is a complete map change thanks to falcos and the original creators of applegate for giving us permission to make it fully work in arma 3 and to finish it, apart from the map change there is also a new economy system built from scratch (thanks to steaker & Delgado) which will include jobs, business and much more. More new cars will be added and much much more.

Our new Ferrara LP-102 Fire Truck:

Development video from 2 weeks ago:

Come and join in the fun at: http://arma3-life.com/

Thanks to the people who have been supporting the community and staff.

frum evey thing i have seen it looks good i wood love to test and help out if i cood . tho i wood love to see more types of pickup trucks gess it my redneck side always love uesing pickuo truck i like see some cool skins/paint jobs for thim i thik it be cool it u cood custem ur own car/truck as in custem paint jobs that u do urself change how sheels look at to it but i just may be thinking crazy something i was wanting know wood there be player shops along side npc shop like if i wanted opean my own like farmers markket or gun shop or car shop i like see something like thatand player had to manage the shop pay bill pay there works and so on and wood like see some form of hunting only anmel i seen in arma 3 so far r snake but got me more some were xd

Does anyone know how to setup a shop where you can buy from selections? EX:

AND with ranks ofcourse.. Cop ranks, donator ranks.. etc.

// Weapons

{tab == weapons}

["TRG","MX6.5"]

// Ammo

{tab == ammo}

["9mmx30","5.56Ammo","6.5Ammo"]

// Backpacks..

You get my point ;)