Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

From the creators of Stratis Life: ArmA 3 Life

We have deleted every single registered account due to a loophole in our security. We decided it was best to fix this issue now then wait and someones profile gets stolen. Please be patient and we will notify all when registration is available once again. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Seeing as all of us have lost our accounts, will the questions to register be the same or different?

Seeing as all of us have lost our accounts, will the questions to register be the same or different?

Probably the same I suppose, hopefully it is easier to answer the "rules" question when they bring up the registration.

For Now the questions will be the same. There was a security issue and we had to wipe the data base more info will be given soon

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Do we have to pass a psych eval as well? Anyway, looking forward to being a cadet. ;)

you will have to pass a test and some other things. I don't want to reveal much. As you saw there are 2 Division's make sure you know where you want to go.

For Now the questions will be the same. There was a security issue and we had to wipe the data base more info will be given soon

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

you will have to pass a test and some other things. I don't want to reveal much. As you saw there are 2 Division's make sure you know where you want to go.

Could you provide the main differences between the state troopers and sheriff? Or is just like real life? (http://people.howstuffworks.com/state-troopers1.htm)

Police Information:

Could you provide the main differences between the state troopers and sheriff? Or is just like real life? (http://people.howstuffworks.com/state-troopers1.htm)

Now note that I will not be the admin. that will manage the police force so it's liable to change. But if I am correct, Sheriff deputies are responsible for all the smaller towns and villages along with patrolling the highway while State police are granted jurisdiction all over the island but are often found in the few major towns. But with that being said, if a major crime is underway and which ever division is responding is in need of help, expect both Sheriff and State units to appear which leads me into the next part of it.

How we are working on the economy, the police chief will be given a in-game budget in which he has to purchase and maintain equipment, weapons, and hire officers. The police department will not have infinite items which means that the police department will need to buy equipment from other players who own companies such as car manufacturing and such. So cops have to be so much more careful as to not have their vehicles taken out.

Every police officer is a civilian! They can go off duty but their job description is a part-time police officer or a full-time one depending if they have other jobs. They are subject to arrest if caught committing a crime and can be bribed and such.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General information on in-game play:

Now some of you have told me you are worried about how things will be ran in-game so hopefully this part clears up some of your questions. When the mod is released, most items will be half full so that you can at least have something to work with. Players will need to establish companies or work for already existing ones in order to supply the market in-game and to earn a income. Players should NOT be expecting to ride in a brand new Cadillac with only three days of playing the mod. We are trying to establish and maintain a real role play environment and not a "let's go kill who ever we see" environment. The mayor will be responsible for hiring and paying civil servants such as bus drivers and establishing a budget for state owned enterprises or agencies. Most users will need to utilize the mass trans. system in order to get to your objective. With our new web-server integration we are implementing, players will have the ability to save money and cars so their game time was not a waste.

More information as time progresses.

*Disclaimer: All the information provided is subject to change according to administration needs and wants and for the sake of gameplay!*

Edited by Delgado

We have changed the questions at the registration, because the old ones were too easy.

We have changed the questions at the registration, because the old ones were too easy.

Will the registration be up in the next few days, or will it take some time?

Will the registration be up in the next few days, or will it take some time?

We are doing our best to get the website up but we are trying to maintain a schedule so we are swamped! Expect two big announcements at the end of Dev. Update #4!

Police Force Recruitment Video is released!

Looking awesome!

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

So there is going to be a cell phone, on which you will have to pay a bill for on the website. Is there going to be similar feature for car insurance?

Looks awesome, though I'm curious why they shot the doors, it's not like there was a bomb triggered to it or something.

I take it we'll be getting trailers for EMS and the Fire Department as well?

Also, will there ever be a national guard of sorts for Altis? Seems that's what the AAF is anyway.

Looking awesome!

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

So there is going to be a cell phone, on which you will have to pay a bill for on the website. Is there going to be similar feature for car insurance?

Hahaha I laughed at this because I figured this would be asked. My response to you is create a company that has insurance. People pay you this much and in case their car gets damaged you pay to have it fixed. That could work!

Looks awesome, though I'm curious why they shot the doors, it's not like there was a bomb triggered to it or something.

Also, will there ever be a national guard of sorts for Altis? Seems that's what the AAF is anyway.

EMS and Fire Department are still vacant and are still being planned. So we will release videos when the time comes. As for the national guard, there is not a admin sanctioned one although a mayor can propose a bill to authorize the creation of a national guard though he would be responsible for making a budget for it and such. We will have to see.

Any prerequisites we should know for joining the beta? Like you must be testing every saturday, you must have certain specs, etc?

Anyway, this mod is looking fantastic. I especially like the old cars you got, I'm hoping for an El Camino or some stuff like that. Maybe a Volkswagen Beetle or a Volkswagen Thing, heh. The hats are good too. So are the fish a sort of gear item now, thrown like a grenade except lands as an item to pickup? I'm curious how that works.

Any prerequisites we should know for joining the beta? Like you must be testing every saturday, you must have certain specs, etc?

Anyway, this mod is looking fantastic. I especially like the old cars you got, I'm hoping for an El Camino or some stuff like that. Maybe a Volkswagen Beetle or a Volkswagen Thing, heh. The hats are good too. So are the fish a sort of gear item now, thrown like a grenade except lands as an item to pickup? I'm curious how that works.

Sir, the only thing we require is you are active and participate and fully understand how to roleplay. We can't somewhat determine that via the answers you send back to us.

Thanks for liking the cars we introduced. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them into consideration. As for fist, they are sort of like a gear though they can't inflect damage. You are just able to pick them up and put them in a storage container or give them to a friend to sell. More as time comes!

ATTENTION TO ALL A3Life LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are currently in need of a second C# coder to help finish the launcher. Our C# man is very overwhelmed and would love some help

Thanks

Edited by Brobropopo

He shot it and I decided to keep it lol.

As for the EMS, when we have more vehicles I will get on the vid making :)

Woaah! So impressed with the Dev #4.

Sadly, I cannot help in C# programming. I used to programm on C++ or VB.net last year, but never done anything at C#. Now I'm on Java with Android apps and so on so... I don't know if C# is similar to that (It should be).

By the way, I sended two models to the team via Caiden, hope to see them in game soon ;)

Guys, if you need any help on web programming (PHP, HTML&CSS Design and so on) please, don't hesitate to contact me, as that's my job nowadays and maybe I can give a hand. I'm really looking forward to play Life on Arma 3, as I'm a bit tired of Island Life hehe

Best regards!

PD: I like to see that about "Los mexicanos". Some Spanish speakers over there? :D

Hey guys i just wanted to suggest or see if things like cruise control will be added to help keep your speed below the speed limit, and maybe indicators which in my opinion will give a good feeling as to when you are driving.

Also i was thinking that as well as having phones, could you implement some sort of letter system. So you could advertise your company/Gang? (Just a idea.)

Hey guys i just wanted to suggest or see if things like cruise control will be added to help keep your speed below the speed limit, and maybe indicators which in my opinion will give a good feeling as to when you are driving.

Also i was thinking that as well as having phones, could you implement some sort of letter system. So you could advertise your company/Gang? (Just a idea.)

This does tweak my interest, but I am not sure a feature like cruise control is possible in the ARMA 3 engine. Indicators however, is a feature that I will have to pass on to the higher ups. I do like that idea.

Nice work on fishing area guys. I just imagine everyone is playing "fish baseball" on the beach :D

Well as of default in arma you can go pretty slow holding 'Q', this will help you stay under the speed limit, however messing with the velocity and other commands related to speed etc could come in handy, i will look into it.

Hey guys the game looks friggin sweet so keep up the good work! I like how the economy looks to run all on peoples actions which is awesome. Need any help at all/ im in the military so could help if you's wanted any info or just another tester

peace

Hey guys the game looks friggin sweet so keep up the good work! I like how the economy looks to run all on peoples actions which is awesome. Need any help at all/ im in the military so could help if you's wanted any info or just another tester

peace

Thanks for your interest at the time we don't need many closed beta testers but when we open ip apps soon we might accept you then. Best of luck

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Woaah! So impressed with the Dev #4.

Sadly, I cannot help in C# programming. I used to programm on C++ or VB.net last year, but never done anything at C#. Now I'm on Java with Android apps and so on so... I don't know if C# is similar to that (It should be).

By the way, I sended two models to the team via Caiden, hope to see them in game soon ;)

Guys, if you need any help on web programming (PHP, HTML&CSS Design and so on) please, don't hesitate to contact me, as that's my job nowadays and maybe I can give a hand. I'm really looking forward to play Life on Arma 3, as I'm a bit tired of Island Life hehe

Best regards!

PD: I like to see that about "Los mexicanos". Some Spanish speakers over there? :D

We might need tour help soon if we want to add more things like a app to view your stats I will talk to the project leads soon!

We might need tour help soon if we want to add more things like a app to view your stats I will talk to the project leads soon!

No problem of that. If your web is programmed using PHP & MYSQL we can have a huge performance with an app, doing allmost all the things you can do on the website but via Android. Most difficult thing is the login part, never done it before, but... it could be a good start point to learn on how to do it. :)