Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

From the creators of Stratis Life: ArmA 3 Life

The videos look awesome! Loving the state trooper look. Let me know if I can be of assistance. I'm a web development manager for an agency here in Minneapolis, MN. My expertise is PHP back-end with the obvious front-end HTML/CSS. If you need your site to do some powerful stuff (integrate with player stats...yummy) I'm your guy! APIs/Frameworks/etc.

Good luck!

Not sure if this is hardcoded in the mod but ive been playing for a couple of days straight now on life servers and here are my pointers.

- Picking apples is by far the best income source in the game. Highest payment/lowest time ratio of anything i think. Clearly this is quite ridiculous. 7K for a couple of minutes job if even that is inhibiting people from doing other jobs, or criminal activity.

- Heroin runs is just not worth it with only 25K a pop. A chopper is about 230K so that´s a lot of runs just to break even, sometimes server gets restarted before you can go even. (spent hours last night trafficking drugs like crazy)

So the result is very few actually do heroin runs and that means cops has one less aspect to do, and instead just stay around in town center where all the freaks are.

- Civilians buying guns...usually ends up bad but i read your idea and i like it, maybe that will stop people shooting other guys that are just minding their own business picking apples or whatever.

- Cars getting stolen left and right, why not just lock the car´s driver seat to the people who have a car key? Having to unlock/lock everytime you get out is incredible annoying in more populated areas.

- Being able to have groups when you are a cop, sometimes you are running with a partner and it´s very annoying having to watch the map to know where he is or ask him all the time. With the team icon you know exactly where he is in crowded areas and don´t have to ask.

- Being able to store drugs in choppers. Make it way more dangerous to pick it but make the reward much bigger if you do it.

- Make the bank robbable <--- yes i made that up right now, every hour instead of every 20 minutes and make the rewards bigger. That way some random guy can´t just walk up to the safe and start robbing the bank all the time.

A team of 10 guys doing a full on operation would be much more realistic.

- Put bank in a town like they are in real life. Would be much more realistic.

- being able to park your Chopper or Car in some warehouse so it´s never gone until it gets destroyed.

That´s all for now, love the life mod!

Edit: ok seems like this is a different one compared to what´s out right now, but take it as tips and pointers then ;)

Edited by RushHour

{Read the previous post}

* "Picking apples is by far the best income source in the game. "

"Heroin runs is just not worth it..."

We've already got a fix for this issue. We had this problem aswell when we were developing "Stratis life" People will just do the job that earns the most (example apple) and it won't be fun at all.

We're going to add a full economy system into "Arma 3 Life" that will be unique and as realisic as possible.

*"sometimes server gets restarted..."

We're going to add a save system into the game, that will mean that everything you got WILL be saved. Don't think it will be "easy" to get a chopper. It might take you a few days (depends how long you play each day) to get a car!

* "cops have one less aspect to do, and instead just stay around in town center where all the freaks are."

We're going to add applications for the cops and trainings, so there will be some "normal" and "professional" cops instead of trolls and "noobs".

* "Civilians buying guns..."

We've got a solution on that part. Guns will be very hard to get, even harder when you get arrested once for commiting a crime where a pistol was used, murder etc...

* "Cars getting stolen left and right, why not just lock the car´s driver seat to the people who have a car key?..."

Interesting concept, we might lock the door AND have it so you need the key to start the ignition.

* "Being able to have groups when you are a cop..."

There will be cop markers in the game. For us the "team icons" make it a little unrealisic, thats why we decided to go with things like helmet cams and dash cams, accesible by dispatch.

* "Being able to store drugs in choppers."

we're planning to add a full working trunk system on "almost" every vehicle.

*"Make it way more dangerous to pick it.."

We're not only going to make it more dangerous, we're also going to make it very hard to even get those seeds.

reward much bigger

That depends on the economy ;)

Make the bank robbable...

Offcourse

every hour instead of every 20 minutes and make the rewards bigger.

I will tell you, You won't see a lot of bank robbery's. Because the risk is too high and getting a gun is a pain in the ass.

A team of 10 guys doing a full on operation would be much more realistic.

Start up a gang, and go ahead. "more realistic" In real life it's possible to rob a bank, but the chance is big that you'll fail. and robbing a bank will cost time offcourse. That means that the cops have time to arrive.

- being able to park your Chopper or Car...

Offcourse there will be a save system for choppers or cars. Cars are expensive, so you have to work for a while to buy one.

Edited by Zannaza

Like the above guy kinda mentioned.

A lock for the driver seat and a separate lock for the passenger seats.

Right now doing taxi stuff is just a case of "how long before the guy just shoots me and takes the car once I hit unlock."

Edited by HighwayStar

Like the above guy kinda mentioned.

A lock for the driver seat and a separate lock for the passenger seats.

Right now doing taxi stuff is just a case of "how long before the guy just shoots me and takes the car once I hit unlock."

We're not sure if we're going to add that or not.

The thing is that you don't really have to worry about that.

It's very easy to get guns on the "normal" life mods, and the jail time is like 5 minutes for murder.

On "Arma 3 Life" It's very hard to get guns, Just like in real life.

If you got a gun licence ( That won't be easy to get ) then it would be easier to get one.

But you'll lose your license when you make a crime.

Happy to annouce we are on schedule. This weekend we will be making Dev Update 3. We'll be showing you the stuff we've been working on this week (Mainly the EMT/Revive system). Which we will be showing you aswell in this weekends dev update.

Little sneak preview (Dont wanna spoil too much :) ):

3GbuuZql.jpg

RniVPtll.jpg

Thanks for replying so in-depth to each and every question!

This mod is getting better and better everytime, Love the ambulance :)

Love the ambulance :)

I thought it was a firefighting vehicle. It doesn't look anything like an ambulance. I was expecting to see Greek-ish ambulances.

I thought it was a firefighting vehicle. It doesn't look anything like an ambulance. I was expecting to see Greek-ish ambulances.

Didn't you see the squad cars? They are following their theme.

I´ve never seen firetrucks in that shape in my country. Only huge trucks or regular sedans for the Chief.

I have seen Ambulance´s in that shape though in my country, they are heart-specialized cars.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/2748457844_16f6cf5df7.jpg (149 kB)

Although in my country Ambulance are white, fire trucks are red so i guess you are right in that it´s a firetruck.

Will the mission be free to use for everyone? Or will it be just for one community?

It would be highly illegal for someone to sell a mod/addon or script pack.

I've spent a fairly large amount of time on several Arma 2 life servers, I was VERY excited when I heard Arma 3 already had a large 'life' development scene. From reading this thread and looking over the features on the Steam group and the videos, I can fully say I am very excited. It seems all of the problems I had with Arma 2 life are being resolved, Such as my progress being removed every 24 hours, and an actual realistic factory/agricultural aspect.

I just want to add, thank you for being strict on the police role, I am -SO- tired of watching idiots try to diffuse a situation by running in and shooting everything that moves.

All that being said, I am quite excited and I'd appreciate and enjoy it if you would consider me for a testing position, I Roleplay (always had a large interest in police work, and doing the common 'United Nations' role on arma 2 life.), I have a microphone and I am 22 years old. I think I fit your guidelines?

Edited by kaido

Such as my progress being removed every 24 hours, ?

You must have been playing on some really crap servers then. The only time I ever had a character wipe in Arma2 life games was when a major overhaul of the game/hardware happened.

There should be different Polices... (Depending on the amount of players on the server)

FBI Dealing with Federal Cases [High end] (Drugs, Murder, Rape, Espionage etc.)

Patrol Dealing with... Patrol stuff [Low End]

State dealing with all their shiz [Med End]

___________________________________________________________________________:bounce3:

Different parts of the island should be in different jurisdiction

(Lower peninsula should be going to a different police)

Just basing this on the size you're going to use on the map.

There should be different Polices... (Depending on the amount of players on the server)

FBI? States? Uh... I'm probably a narrow-minded bastard, but I'd prefer Greek units and agencies instead of the Amurikah stuff... It just looks so weird and unnatural to me that we're on Greek (well, Mediterranean!) island but the units are from another side of the world.

FBI? States? Uh... I'm probably a narrow-minded bastard, but I'd prefer Greek units and agencies instead of the Amurikah stuff... It just looks so weird and unnatural to me that we're on Greek (well, Mediterranean!) island but the units are from another side of the world.

See what you mean, but i'm putting it in general terms. I come from the U.S. and this is the system we use, but I see what you mean.

___________________________________________________________________________:bounce3:

Different parts of the island should be in different jurisdiction

(Lower peninsula should be going to a different police)

Just basing this on the size you're going to use on the map.

FBI for a country that doesn't even have 300 km2?

Definitely needs a military group imo.

Guys that have all the high-end stuff to try and destroy a drug mafia etc.

Police only can do so much but a military has the edge in every area.

Hey, I recently came across this topic and it sounds great, but as already discussed here it would be nice if you would keep in mind that Altis is a part of greek and should contain greek police cars/uniforms/ambulances etc. To see greek letters on the police vehicle/uniform contributes much more to the atmosphere than american police officers in their fancy police cars. If anyone of you played city life or chernarus life ultimate you can probably remember how retarded it looks seeing american and german police in chernarus. (not to mention the completely retarded placement of buildings)

FBI for a country that doesn't even have 300 km2?

He means different grades of cop. Newer cops to deal with traffic stuff like hit and run/speeding. Then the "FBI" for more serious stuff like drug running, bank robberies, etc.

Hey, I recently came across this topic and it sounds great, but as already discussed here it would be nice if you would keep in mind that Altis is a part of greek and should contain greek police cars/uniforms/ambulances etc. To see greek letters on the police vehicle/uniform contributes much more to the atmosphere than american police officers in their fancy police cars. If anyone of you played city life or chernarus life ultimate you can probably remember how retarded it looks seeing american and german police in chernarus. (not to mention the completely retarded placement of buildings)

Nope, not retarded at all. The modders can use whatever vehicles and uniforms they like in my view. So long as civs and cops can be easily identified. Right now civs with chest rigs look like cops and it can all get confusing. :D

I'd be interested in helping with some of the web development work. Going to PM you now.

Edited by jwerd
too early, need coffee

Seems the guys have been working flat out now for several days to get this V3 version out. Seems to be quite a lot more problems then they anticipated.

I heard some guy talking about Diamond caves, sounds interesting :)

Seems the guys have been working flat out now for several days to get this V3 version out. Seems to be quite a lot more problems then they anticipated.

I heard some guy talking about Diamond caves, sounds interesting :)

Lots of legal sources of income is what I want to see. :)