Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

From the creators of Stratis Life: ArmA 3 Life

Owning a house could allow you to have a small drug farm.

Gangs could use open sites, factorys, workshops etc for large drug production (depending what the drug type is)

Obviously, this would make being a cop (military) much harder because of the massive land mass. You could combat this by adding high end drones that could be used to navigate the map from way up in the air. If anything is found, cops get a warrant.

Having your own house is an eat idea and opens up various other possibilities, it would be easier to make a living as a 'legal' citizen by growing legal products (fruit etc) in your garden.

Another idea could be that you can export the goods via the trade ports around the coastline of Altis. This could be cool because you could potentially hide drugs within the legal shipments.

Hello guys, I'm here today announcing that we will be making the Dev Update #2 video later this week. We planned to do it earlier but some things took longer to finish then expected. Anyways here's a SNEAK PREVIEW of our new video:

86Q8cd2l.jpg

uI2zZPVl.jpg

6O01wfDl.jpg

GoJglvzl.jpg

Keep in mind these screenshots are WIP and do not represent the final mission/addons.

We also are very excited about ArmA 3: Life. Hope to see you soon ingame.

Go karts? OH yes!

Will you maybe make a civilian UGV in the form of RC cars? Or for that matter, RC helicopters and planes as a hobby for civilians?

Hello guys,

Hope to see you soon ingame.

Oh you tease! Any idea when you'll begin testing? Where do you think the test server will be based in world (please say the EU).

Oh you tease! Any idea when you'll begin testing? Where do you think the test server will be based in world (please say the EU).

As soon as we can. We are currently far from finished, however we've made lots of progress last week, and the Dev Update #2 video will be up in the upcoming days showing what we've been working on this week.

Are you allowing people to host these servers? Do you require a launcher to join as well?

Are you allowing people to host these servers? Do you require a launcher to join as well?

Question 1) No.

Question 2) Yes.

How many servers will you host? One or two will not be enough.

The plan was to host only one server.

We might add a second server in the future, but that's not discussed yet.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Added 5 new pictures!

* 3 pictures with awesome hair {taking the head inventory slot}

* 1 picture with an awesome new hat

* 1 picture with the new Crown vic interior!

{You can find the pictures on the second post on this thread.}

Link of post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2478030&viewfull=1#post2478030

Edited by Zannaza
Added also some new pictures.

You are forcing people to use TS and their mic? Sorry, but talk about being pushy. If i dont want to play without a mic all the time thats my decision...

You are forcing people to use TS and their mic? Sorry, but talk about being pushy. If i dont want to play without a mic all the time thats my decision...

Yes, We're making use of "ACRE". that means that you NEED Teamspeak and a microphone.

But you don't need to "talk" all the time, if you go fishing for example, you can just put your micrphone down

and only use it if someone is asking you a question.

Quick update on the video. It took us a few hours to get it right... as things didnt go as expected, and ACRE being alittle glitchy. Anyway Dev Video #2 will be uploaded tomorrow as we still need to add some parts. Here's a funny video, also showing some of our stuff. Enjoy! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqa8LP_Kg0w

Quick update on the video. It took us a few hours to get it right... as things didnt go as expected, and ACRE being alittle glitchy. Anyway Dev Video #2 will be uploaded tomorrow as we still need to add some parts. Here's a funny video, also showing some of our stuff. Enjoy! :P

Yay, tasers! How exactly do they work?

Hilarious haha

Yay, tasers! How exactly do they work?

That will be demostrated on the "Dev Video 2#"

Dev video #2 is uploaded and ready to view!

Dev video #2

Well, it didn't really answer how tasers work.

Also, I have another question, will it be like the current Stratis life where you can start as a cop or a civilian, or will it be like e.g. Stratis-RP: Ultimate where you start as a civilian and can then become a cop or do another job?

I have no idea how to play this, when i join a Stratis/Altis Life server, i get a mission failed immediately when spawned in. I know you need TS and be in the server, but the info on what TS server to join, is nowhere to be found!

Hey guys i just found stratis life and love it and now this looks sensational. Would love to help out anyway possible!

Well, it didn't really answer how tasers work.

Also, I have another question, will it be like the current Stratis life where you can start as a cop or a civilian, or will it be like e.g. Stratis-RP: Ultimate where you start as a civilian and can then become a cop or do another job?

I don't know what you mean by "it really didnt show how the tasers work". Obviously the tazer can be used to stun people :)

You will need to do an application and get accepted into the Police Department, then you will be trained, and you will be able to go on-duty. There will be no such thing as being a cop or a civilian. Everyone is a civilian and cops will be able to go on-duty/off-duty. Offcourse if an off-duty cop commits a crime he will be surely into some trouble :)

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

I have no idea how to play this, when i join a Stratis/Altis Life server, i get a mission failed immediately when spawned in. I know you need TS and be in the server, but the info on what TS server to join, is nowhere to be found!

Hello, we do not give support for Stratis/Altis life anymore, you might be able to contact the server owners/administrators to help you out. This thread is for ArmA 3 Life discussion.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Hey guys i just found stratis life and love it and now this looks sensational. Would love to help out anyway possible!

Hi, I think you mean ArmA 3 Life, Stratis/Altis life are different missions. You can help us out by spreading the word, supporting us and if you have texturing/coding/modelling/converting skills you are freely to commit to us and help with the development :)

You will need to do an application and get accepted into the Police Department, then you will be trained, and you will be able to go on-duty. There will be no such thing as being a cop or a civilian. Everyone is a civilian and cops will be able to go on-duty/off-duty. Offcourse if an off-duty cop commits a crime he will be surely into some trouble :)

Nice to hear that. Or read it, whatever.

I don't know what you mean by "it really didn't show how the tasers work". Obviously the tazer can be used to stun people

The video didn't say anything about e.g. the taser killing someone if they're tased long enough. Can it do that?

Nice to hear that. Or read it, whatever.

The video didn't say anything about e.g. the taser killing someone if they're tased long enough. Can it do that?

Yes the tazer does do minor damage to the player. Tazing him 4-5 times will kill him most likely depending on where you taze him, however I do want to point out it does only minor damage. So the chance of him dieng from just one shot would be quite low, nearly impossible. Unless he would have a really low amount of health.