Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

From the creators of Stratis Life: ArmA 3 Life

ArmA 3: Life[W.I.P.]

arma3logo.png

Well I am here to represent another great project by our coders and project leaders: Zannaza, Caiden

Our C# coder/Launcher creator: ThRYCkz

Our HTML/PHP/CSS coders: ThRYCKz and Vepr.

Textures: Kurt

Licensing:

There will be a variety of licenses to give you access to buy/access things in the mod.

This license is not going to be easy to get at the start of your virtual life. The license is expensive and you will have to use a taxi/bus/non-motor vehicle in order to get from A to B (Such as going to your work) this license will also feature a driving test, just like the pistol, rifle, pilot, trucking and boating license.

Car shop

People can buy cars at the car shop (duh..) but the cars that are in-stock change every 30 min/hour (tba) some cars will appear on a regular basis whilst others are very rare and expensive! This again creates an economy as the same cars can also be crafted and sold to other players! Remember: Altis is an island and cars have to be imported from other places.

Weapon shops

Same as above, not every weapon will be in-stock every time you come here. And combined with the new weapon-flag system (More below), we hope this improves the roleplay and economy.

Equipment shops

Just like the other shops not every item will be in-stock. You need a fishing rod and its not in-stock? go buy it from other players!

Items in ArmA 3:

Life have a certain durability/lifespan. When your fishing rod breaks you won't be able to use it anymore. There will be an option to repair it if you have the skill and/or items, don't worry!

Also there is not just gonna be one fishing rod, there will be different versions of some items. For example there will be a cheap fishing rod which will have a low lifespan, and there will be more expensive fishing rods designed to last longer/allow you to fish more, give you the ability to fish for sharks and so forth.

Logging in

You should ONLY be allowed to download/update the mod when you are logged in. Once the version and client files are synced and is up2date it should then display a play button. The client will then check if the person is on TS (Same as in City Life) and will then proceed with launching the game with the correct startup parametres (Such as what mods to start and what user profile to use)

Stats

User should be able to view his stats by the launcher and through the website.

Weapon system:

A civilian can buy a weapon at the gun store, there will be different gun stores located around Altis.

Pistol shop, Rifle shop, Equipment shop (Fishing rods etc.)

The civilian can buy a weapon at the stores only if he has the required skill and has the license to buy the weapon, but there will also be a new system in place which will counter Deathmatching in the server. The system works this way:

Civilian buys a weapon at the pistol store and commits a crime where the pistol was used to kill someone. The person in question gets taken into custody and is then arrested. The cop adds the crime details into a database and also gives the civilian a weapon flag and removes the license, this so called flag disallows the civilian to buy anymore lethal weapons for a specific amount of time. The civilian now has to find a more risky, harder way to get a weapon again. This adds to the Economy, Roleplay, player interactions and prevents deathmatching in the server.

When you die:

When you die nothing happens, unless somebody spots your body and calls 9-1-1. However there will be a special item, this item triggers a marker for EMT’s and COP’s, and will make them aware of your location. Item’s will NOT drop unlike other life mods, the items will stay on the body and you will have the ability to take the items from his body. You will be allowed to drop items on the ground but they will not drop when you die. If you have a high robbery skill level you will be able to loot faster from the corpse.

Launcher:

We decided to go with a launcher to make the mod installment much easier and up to date.

loginSample.jpg

launcherSample.jpg

This mod is currently in development and this is just the small fraction of what we have actually done.

Really hope to see you guys on our servers when we release our mod!

We are always looking for more coders, textures, modellers, web developers to help us out with development. This is a huge project and without your help we wont be able to finish what we started. PM me if you want to contribute, we will with open arms invite you to join development and contribute!

PLEASE JOIN OUR ARMA 3 LIFE STEAM GROUP FOR THE LATEST INFO/BETA TESTS

-- link removed

Follow us and ask us questions on Facebook & Twitter

-- link removed

-- link removed

Edited by MadDogX

Keep working hard my slave! LOL anyways you guys have been doing a great job hope to play it soon :)

Looks very neat! Especially the phone is great, I love that... Your progress looks promising, I'm looking forward to see more! :)

awesome, came to my mind that someone would convert it to arma III

This wasn't really explained in your video so i'll ask here...

Basically, the huge problem I could see with this life mod (since it tries to simulate a real life with struggles of having to gain money)... all my work is not worth it. What you guys did with Stratis Life was cool don't get me wrong, but any little crash... server restart... etc and you lost all of your equipment. Vehicles, I can understand as a massive amount of vehicles could generate a lot of lag.

With that said.. will this mod save my gear on logout? Or will it be like Stratis Life and I will have to constantly buy new stuff off restarts, relogs, and crashes?

Yes it will. We have built a new system to store your equipment and cash. This would sync up with the website in which you could view your ingame inventory/ garage/ or even pay your cell phone bill ;) Don't want to say much. Yes in addition with this new system you can go to any server and use the login that you have created on our website and still keep the same inventory and cash. As a Dev i feel this mod will be something interesting and very exciting when it comes to economy.

Yes it will. We have built a new system to store your equipment and cash. This would sync up with the website in which you could view your ingame inventory/ garage/ or even pay your cell phone bill ;) Don't want to say much. Yes in addition with this new system you can go to any server and use the login that you have created on our website and still keep the same inventory and cash. As a Dev i feel this mod will be something interesting and very exciting when it comes to economy.

Amazing! As a player I feel this mod is just what the community needs. It's obviously going to be locked to you guys only right? I only ask because I want to see a strict RP server with a white listing process. The only TRUE populated RP server around is DayZRP and they're a joke.

I feel as though we are going to be doing a white list just to make sure we can cut out as much douchebaggary as we can. We all know it's not all possible but in order to get on our server you do need to be registered on our website and activated by our admins. Though, that is the plan.

Will the mission be free to use for everyone? Or will it be just for one community?

It will be free to play of course. But in order to get on the server you do need to be registered through our website :) Like i've said before - "We are going to reduce the amount of deuchbagary on the server by having the while list".

So wait, what about real estate, considering EVERY HOUSE IS ENTER ABLE, what about the option to buy a home and have keys tot he home. If you don't have keys, you can scroll wheel and it doesn't show up to open the door, and you can then lock and unlock your home as well. That would be nice. A place to live. Also, will there be a Revolution version of Altis Life, and would it stay intact with the theme and story line to Arma 3?

Example

http://i.imgur.com/jNaMIuY.jpg (113 kB)

Yes, you will be able to own a house, lock it, decorate your home, put furniture inside, hang out with friends and so forth, we already have a rough idea of how we're going to work this out. But it is certainly possible, however due to our priorities we are not sure if we will include this feature at release, but it's certainly interesting to look into. We are not planning a "Revolution version". Our mod will try and give you "the real as it get" feeling and have the roleplay at a maximum level.

Whoever made that launcher made it very sexy and damn good. He/she should get a donation of a few hundred bucks to feed his small family of 3.

Hope this goes well. Will be looking into getting whitelisted soon.

One thing that bugs be about Arma RP is that it usually lacks structure and 'dynamicness' (New word).

By this I mean, it usually turns to RDM very quickly. With such a large map like Altis you could introduce an overall goal, the military. 2 Factions and Civilians. One of those factions would police the land with there military, whilst the other faction (invaders) would try to control major parts of the map.

This gives much more reason to get money rather than save up for a gun and RDM and could create some interesting situations. Civs getting caught up in faction battles. It would be good for the economy IMO.

I also find (lack of dynamicness) that RP usually suffers from the same problems as WoW.

Go here, talk to him, go here. In RP it is, buy drugs here, plant them here, produce here, sell here.

You should be able to decide where you plant them, you should be able to get properties and plant them in your own back garden etc. Traders should be constantly moving, so you can set up dynamic drug deals making for some interesting gameplay.

Just some ideas.

I also find (lack of dynamicness) that RP usually suffers from the same problems as WoW.

Go here, talk to him, go here. In RP it is, buy drugs here, plant them here, produce here, sell here.

You should be able to decide where you plant them, you should be able to get properties and plant them in your own back garden etc. Traders should be constantly moving, so you can set up dynamic drug deals making for some interesting gameplay.

OK, this is a very good idea. I believe we're going try to set up something with people buying their own houses.

That also gives me an idea to disallow the police from searching homes without a warrant or probable cause.

Thanks for the input, I'll talk to the devs about this :)

actually about dynamics etc. What i personally disliked in all RP missions, are static areas, like gang areas, drug fields/sellers, other illegal activities areas. Also that cops can see the marks on map, and know where actually drug fields are, and simply camp them whole game. Thats just so lame and unrealistic, i wish you could make dynamic areas, so they randomly placing on maps each start, this will bring some immersion, and different gameplay after new start.

actually about dynamics etc. What i personally disliked in all RP missions, are static areas, like gang areas, drug fields/sellers, other illegal activities areas. Also that cops can see the marks on map, and know where actually drug fields are, and simply camp them whole game. Thats just so lame and unrealistic, i wish you could make dynamic areas, so they randomly placing on maps each start, this will bring some immersion, and different gameplay after new start.

This would be cool. Being able to set up drug fields almost anywhere (or within areas that move from time to time) would definitely solve the problem of cops just camping the roads around the Heroine plantation (my main pastime as a cop in Arma2 hehe).

also would be cool, if cops could destroy drug fields (burn them ala farcry 3 style), so gangsters have to grow new ones, and this will take time and will cost a lot etc.